IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 06:14 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
Could someone please explain to me what MSD is? Sorry im so lost!
MSD's are Multiple Security Deposits, with Lexus you can buy up to nine of these to help lower the money factor part your monthly payment on a lease. You get the money back at the end of the lease. One MSD is equal one months lease payment rounded up to the next even $25.00 amount, such as if the lease is $317.00, the MSD would cost $325.00 I believe.
Old 01-29-14, 11:50 PM
joeyyungro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been lurking but this forum has been a great help to me.
Dealers around my area were stuck with specific packages, I wanted a IS350 but they all came with nav and premium package, I dont really need nav and premium package.

I just wanted you guys to know I picked up a IS250 RWD Atomic Silver/Gray interior
18" in rims/summer tires
Back up Camera
Trunk Mat
Cargo Net
Wheel Locks
Back bumper App
Tint
Invishield

MSRP is around 40,000

I got it for 36,000
Out the door here in TX was 38,600.

I am very happy cant wait to go pick it up.
Old 01-30-14, 04:03 PM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jp1022
Hi did u get ur is 350 with f sport? im negotiating with dealers right now OTD price right now is $47,500 IS350 with f sport NAV/MARK L , BLIND SPOT , ACCCESORIE package my goal is $46,500
Base, dealer stated F-sport was basically $3000 of lipstick, there's no performance increase and you lose fog lights and I didn't like the grill. Regular audio, navigation, blind spot, camera, blah blah blah bunch of crap you don't use or need included.
Old 01-30-14, 04:28 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Wait, so Nav (for life), back-up camera, BSM and a tighter suspension for a more sporty ride are things people don't use but foglights are?

@jp1022
That price is definitely doable for that option package. In fact you can get lower. If you are military use the USAA website to get the prices people are paying for in your area and take that print out into the dealership with you. If you aren't military or a USAA member, use TrueCar.com as its the same search engine. Since you are in CA you have more options than most of us have so you can haggle a better price than most of us can. I wouldn't go any higher than $45.5 for the spec you mentioned (F-Sport, BSM, ML sound).
Old 01-30-14, 05:02 PM
jp1022
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Slust
Wait, so Nav (for life), back-up camera, BSM and a tighter suspension for a more sporty ride are things people don't use but foglights are?

@jp1022
That price is definitely doable for that option package. In fact you can get lower. If you are military use the USAA website to get the prices people are paying for in your area and take that print out into the dealership with you. If you aren't military or a USAA member, use TrueCar.com as its the same search engine. Since you are in CA you have more options than most of us have so you can haggle a better price than most of us can. I wouldn't go any higher than $45.5 for the spec you mentioned (F-Sport, BSM, ML sound).
Great info im using true car and it puts the msrp $48,100 TO $43,100 I have 8% tax which sucks. sticker is $48,100 their offer is $47,500OTD im saving closE to $5000 off msrp if i did my math right. im aiming at $47000 otd i wish i could get it for $45,500
Old 01-30-14, 05:10 PM
s4awd
Driver School Candidate

These numbers are nuts. Anyone getting any deals on the east coast? I can't even find a white f sport. sheesh
Old 01-30-14, 05:14 PM
jp1022
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by s4awd
These numbers are nuts. Anyone getting any deals on the east coast? I can't even find a white f sport. sheesh
Ultra white is hard to find in cali as well only two dealers had them. Our tax is higher in Cali 8% tax that drives the price up
Old 01-30-14, 11:54 PM
jp1022
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uccal
Long time lurker but thought I'd share:

2014 IS350 RWD
Ultra White/Roja Red
F-Sport
Nav/Mark Levinson
BSM/Rear cross traffic

MSRP 48,148
Selling Price 42,900
Had to finance part of the purchase to use Lane Change $1K certificate
~45.8K OTD with CA tax
what dealer did u go to im in cali as well and with the same msrp im at $47,000 how did u get it so low
Old 01-31-14, 05:16 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Not really, I got $1,700 off list price in MA. There were only 2 IS350 F Sports in the immediate area for sale, not much leverage there.
I don't know how far you live from MA but the dealer in West Springfield show a UW with the Red interior in stock. Its listed on Autotrader so they may have it there. Just to let you know

Old 01-31-14, 07:54 AM
s4awd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyotatom
Not really, I got $1,700 off list price in MA. There were only 2 IS350 F Sports in the immediate area for sale, not much leverage there.
I don't know how far you live from MA but the dealer in West Springfield show a UW with the Red interior in stock. Its listed on Autotrader so they may have it there. Just to let you know
I'm in NYC. I can get a little over $2k off but the guys in cali are walking out the door with over $4k off ML is f sports. As another poster mentioned Lexus doesn't believe in MLevinson 350 AWD F sports for us in the northeast either. It's a 4-6 month order for those.
Old 01-31-14, 10:15 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

I'm in NYC. I can get a little over $2k off but the guys in cali are walking out the door with over $4k off ML is f sports. As another poster mentioned Lexus doesn't believe in MLevinson 350 AWD F sports for us in the northeast either. It's a 4-6 month order for those.
I went on Autotrader a while ago and used a Los Angeles zip code and within the 25 mile radius there were 103 IS 350's listed, not all F sports but still a lot of 350's to choose from, I did a check here and there were 4 within 25 miles. Huge dealer competition out there I guess. At least we get to enjoy the snow and cold weather out here
Old 01-31-14, 12:42 PM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Slust
I have yet to find anyone who can tell an appreciable difference between sport and sport+, I have no use for NAV, BSM, or a backup camara...the latter 2 are solved by looking over your shoulder, which I do anyhow, I'm not trusting anything but my own 2 eyes. Foglights are more useful to me cause we actually get fog, horrible fog.
Old 01-31-14, 02:43 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

There is a noticeable difference in the sport and sport+ mode, it may not be a appreciable difference depending on what you expect from your car. Sport mode to me is perfect for normal driving, better handling and throttle response. Sport+ tightens everything up even more and you feel all the bumps and less body roll in my estimation. You CAN feel the difference
BSM to me is worthless for changing lanes on a highway, the warning light comes on with about 1 car length of space behind you which is not enough to change lanes without getting the horn or the one finger wave at you. The warning light goes out with the car just about even with you on the road, which you can seethe car anyways.
BSM in the parking is a good thing though, been warned a couple of times when I did not see cars coming because of cars parked on both sides of me, especially suv's, that's even turning to look behind me the best I could.
I got my first back-up camera in my last car 3 years ago, I didn't trust it either at first, but as time went I got to trust it and I don't think I could do without it now. I have neck issues from time to time where I can barely turn to look at the person next to me, camera really helps.
It sounds like you want to order cars like they did 40 years ago , where you went through a check list with the sales rep and picked out only exactly what you wanted in a car, option packages took care of that. Good luck finding what you want

Originally Posted by Vairox
I have yet to find anyone who can tell an appreciable difference between sport and sport+, I have no use for NAV, BSM, or a backup camara...the latter 2 are solved by looking over your shoulder, which I do anyhow, I'm not trusting anything but my own 2 eyes. Foglights are more useful to me cause we actually get fog, horrible fog.
Old 02-01-14, 03:55 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vairox
Well you're original statement was more generic stating it as fact no one uses that stuff. You didn't specify it to your personal tastes.

Whether you use it or not, Nav for life increases the value of the car. My insurance company has called me a few times asking if my car has certain safety features so BSM might (or might not) help with insurance rates. At the very least it helps with resale value especially since this feature is becoming more common amongst many brands. My first backup camera I thought was useless and refused to even look at it for probably a year or more. Now I love it. I love to reverse park so I use it to gauge the distance of the objects directly behind my car. I still look over my shoulder to park but I use the camera to pick my parking distance better. Great for parallel parking too.

Far as Sport+ goes, Toyotatom said it better than I can but I most definitely can tell the difference between Sport and Sport+. I didn't even have to ask sales on the test drive. I immediately felt the steering get tight, then I noticed the suspension got firmer and more communicative and then I noticed the transmission stays in the lower gears longer unless you punch it all the way down. Like Toyotatom says, I could see someone staying in Sport mode 90% of the time to get that sporty ride all the time and then switching to Sport+ mode to enhance it when needed. Most cars I don't notice much of a difference between their Sport mode and non-Sport mode but I definitely feel a difference between Sport and Sport+.
Old 02-02-14, 11:29 AM
mandmsport
Driver School Candidate

I got my IS350 F Spot few weeks ago, MSRP $48,062
Nebula Gray Peal, with Rioja Red/ Nuluxe, why Lexus not allow Leather is beyond me???
Option : Blins spot Monitor, F Sport package Navigation/ Mark Levinson.
(You would like that system outsanding sound).And Accy Package.
cash price $44562.00 , out the door at $48416.90
Dont know that is good or bad deal!!
But did spend more than few hours with those fast talking sale managers!
Also done my home work with Cardirect before hand.

Oh, last night trying to be proactive on small items
such as the location on the tire pressure warning reset switch, if you go by the Owner manual you will never found that small switch.
took me a good 30 minute finally located.
have fun looking for that switch.

Cash price $44562.00 , out the doors at $48,416.90.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?