IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 08-12-13, 11:43 AM
a10495
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islndchica
That would be awesome! It seems like the ppl in Cali are the ones really getting great deals. I guess having competition is the key.
Here, all the closest dealerships are 2-3 hours away (and have limited inventory compared to the one closest to me). Couple of the ones I spoke with only have one 350 F-sport on their lot. Seems like there's only a handful in the whole state, and the neighboring one. Willingness to budge on the price - zero, except maybe a couple hundred bucks... which isn't worth the hassle. I'd probably get a better deal on a 250 F-sport or either of the non-F's.
woops sorry for the double reply thats about to happen but forgot to add your quote in the reply! but i think we may be! because i've been following lexususa on instagram and they ship all like the thousands of lexus's to a port here in california! oh wow i wish i can get the F-sport! but its just too expensive for me right now! maybe i'll just enjoy whichever one i get and just get an IS-F when i get a good job!
but yeah i'd just get the 250-f sport if i were in your position! it is still rEALLY REALLY! nice !
Old 08-14-13, 09:45 AM
golfpunks
Driver

Originally Posted by adriano
Just got my 2014 IS350 F Sport with Navi (without ML)

MSRP was 46907 and I got a selling price of 43000.
I am financing the car for 60 months with 2.99%.

Got this car in Keyes Lexus, Van Nuys.
May I ask who helped u
Old 08-14-13, 11:26 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a10495

hahaha! i mean it is jsut a car! i know ill be missing out on the fun and handling and everything but im only a senior in high school now with now job and the gas is just !!! but my mom said if i sell mine at a good price i can get an is250! got gas all day! or well just better mpg. anyways how much did you pay for yours?
The best advice you will ever take is to save your money and put it towards your future whether it be school, down payment on a house/condo, etc. an 18 year old kid doesn't need a 42k$ car. And one that does has his priorities way out of whack.

But hey what would I know...... I did the same thing. Bought a 1is and C230 when I was a kid because I had a great job. Well guess what. Cars DEPRECIATE. I finally started saving money in my mid 20's and purchased a business. I saved every bit of profit from that business and opened a 2nd location. I saved my profits from those and opened a 3rd. I am now opening 2 more. If i would have invested that money 10 years earlier i would have been able to retire 10 years earlier. If you ever wonder how people drive around in lambos, etc its because most (some got lucky) save or invest their money and it reaps rewards later in life.

Why am I telling you this? Because mom thinks you should have a luxury car instead of a savings acct. This post will be clearer in 10 years.
Old 08-14-13, 03:10 PM
a10495
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by John510
The best advice you will ever take is to save your money and put it towards your future whether it be school, down payment on a house/condo, etc. an 18 year old kid doesn't need a 42k$ car. And one that does has his priorities way out of whack.

But hey what would I know...... I did the same thing. Bought a 1is and C230 when I was a kid because I had a great job. Well guess what. Cars DEPRECIATE. I finally started saving money in my mid 20's and purchased a business. I saved every bit of profit from that business and opened a 2nd location. I saved my profits from those and opened a 3rd. I am now opening 2 more. If i would have invested that money 10 years earlier i would have been able to retire 10 years earlier. If you ever wonder how people drive around in lambos, etc its because most (some got lucky) save or invest their money and it reaps rewards later in life.

Why am I telling you this? Because mom thinks you should have a luxury car instead of a savings acct. This post will be clearer in 10 years.
I know what you mean! well its not really a giant purchase she is just putting another 4k i believe? for the base is250 because im selling my car (it still has a high value)
Definitely! i have a huge savings account that i am still putting money into currently! just loaded another 200 into it today! (well huge for me at least ). No way! what business? i would definitely invest ! talking to my family if i can just put a small but good amount in stocks and invest in a company!

but thank you! i fully understand you! my mom is insisting on it because she knows over time the gas i am paying for would probably pay for the difference of the 2 cars in like a year. but i am definitely saving every bit i could!
Old 08-16-13, 08:15 PM
arrior
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys i was wondering if 47000 otd and 1.9 apr for 72 months is a good buy,im planning to get a white and roja red is 350 f sport with vgrs and mark levinson package.thats what the dealer offered me.thanks
Old 08-16-13, 08:20 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

looks like people are getting a decent amount off MSRP now
Old 08-16-13, 08:44 PM
arrior
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
looks like people are getting a decent amount off MSRP now
So this is a good price or do i try to negotiate still?
Old 08-16-13, 09:41 PM
driven5373
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by arrior
So this is a good price or do i try to negotiate still?
Is that 47k out the door with tax? If so, good deal I think.

72 month financing is never a good deal. That puts like another $6500 on the price of the car.
Old 08-16-13, 10:31 PM
arrior
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by driven5373
Is that 47k out the door with tax? If so, good deal I think.

72 month financing is never a good deal. That puts like another $6500 on the price of the car.
yes,thats what i asked them.47 otd w/tax and license.ill see with the 60 months and hopefully get me a .9 apr.thank you.
Old 08-17-13, 08:15 AM
flippd
Driver

yes,thats what i asked them.47 otd w/tax and license.ill see with the 60 months and hopefully get me a .9 apr.thank you.
What was the MSRP? Looks like an awesome deal.
Old 08-17-13, 11:08 AM
pianospike
Rookie

47 otd in CA for a $48.2k MSRP car is insane. That's around $43k for the car before tax and license and well below invoice. And 72 months at 1.9% is excellent as well. Are you sure you have all your numbers right? If so, I would jump all over that deal if that is the car you want.

As a reference, I received $1,800 off MSRP for car with same option packages. So I paid $46.4k to your $43k. Mine was neb grey with red, though, which is much rarer.
Old 08-17-13, 02:05 PM
arrior
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flippd
What was the MSRP? Looks like an awesome deal.
i think its $48.4
Originally Posted by pianospike
47 otd in CA for a $48.2k MSRP car is insane. That's around $43k for the car before tax and license and well below invoice. And 72 months at 1.9% is excellent as well. Are you sure you have all your numbers right? If so, I would jump all over that deal if that is the car you want.

As a reference, I received $1,800 off MSRP for car with same option packages. So I paid $46.4k to your $43k. Mine was neb grey with red, though, which is much rarer.
i want to know that the priceis for sure as well,coz i dont want to go there then the price is different.hopefully everything works out.
Old 08-17-13, 02:14 PM
driven5373
Driver School Candidate

i think its $48.4

i want to know that the priceis for sure as well,coz i dont want to go there then the price is different.hopefully everything works out.
don't make it overly complicated. if you like the car and like the price, go in to buy it. if they try to raise the price once you're in the dealership, walk. don't even let them change their mind to go back to the original price.

you know you're getting a quality quote if they will provide you the exact price on an exact car with its VIN number included in the quote. some dealers will only quote $3000 under MSRP. Then when you show up, you'll find they installed window etching for $2000 extra so the actual price is only $1000 under MSRP. Then you spend hours arguing and they bring in one heavy handed closer after another. They will blink if you get ready to bolt, but who wants the hassle? Plus don't reward bad behavior.
Old 08-17-13, 02:17 PM
arrior
Driver School Candidate

Ok driven,thank you.ill go to the dealer in a while.
Old 08-18-13, 05:54 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Default Special Order

For those special ordering or considering... I just special ordered last week, and after numerous stops at the dealer (initially offered $1,000 off) they finally got up to $1,800 off MSRP, I couldn't get them to budge any further. Maybe not the best deal, but I really wanted the car and wanted to get my order in.

My special order was an AWD IS350 F-Sport Ultra White/Red with BSM and Mark Lev/Nav.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?