IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-13, 01:18 PM
driven5373
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ocis350f
Just bought a brand new IS350 FSport - financed through an independent bank (not Lexus) - with no trade in and roughly $15K down in cash.

Dealer gave me $4k off MSRP w/ the 3-year free carwashes, etc.

Get a good price and you'll feel better.
Which dealership did you get it from? Did you have to spend hours chiseling them?
Old 08-07-13, 01:36 PM
ocis350f
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by driven5373
Which dealership did you get it from? Did you have to spend hours chiseling them?
For privacy reasons, I can't answer that question on the forum. But I will say that it's in Orange County, CA. PM me if you really want to know.

I had a few things going for me that helped them accomodate:

1) my car is my family's fourth lexus, and second purchased from this particular dealership in the last year

2) I went in with an extremely low target (45K out the door for a car that MSRP's near $47K),

3) Negotiating process took a total of 2 days. Walked away after 2 hours on the first day and told them I would call back the next day. When I called back, they countered my final offer by about $1,000. I went up about $200 from my final offer and let them know either take it or I walk away to another Lexus dealership.

You really have to just go in with a low target and stand extremely firm. Let them know that your price is already a stretch for you, but you really want to buy a Lexus from them and not another dealership. They are making enough money off of service to basically give away the cars at half off and come out okay. Be patient and wait them out. They will come around, because they really want to sell these cars.
Old 08-07-13, 01:52 PM
driven5373
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ocis350f
For privacy reasons, I can't answer that question on the forum. But I will say that it's in Orange County, CA. PM me if you really want to know.

I had a few things going for me that helped them accomodate:

1) my car is my family's fourth lexus, and second purchased from this particular dealership in the last year

2) I went in with an extremely low target (45K out the door for a car that MSRP's near $47K),

3) Negotiating process took a total of 2 days. Walked away after 2 hours on the first day and told them I would call back the next day. When I called back, they countered my final offer by about $1,000. I went up about $200 from my final offer and let them know either take it or I walk away to another Lexus dealership.

You really have to just go in with a low target and stand extremely firm. Let them know that your price is already a stretch for you, but you really want to buy a Lexus from them and not another dealership. They are making enough money off of service to basically give away the cars at half off and come out okay. Be patient and wait them out. They will come around, because they really want to sell these cars.
They all seem to be very eager for such a new car that is getting such good reviews.

I hope people who paid sticker or close to sticker don't feel bad. Southern California is littered with a sea of Lexus dealerships with huge allocations of these cars, making things very price competitive out here.
Old 08-07-13, 02:09 PM
ocis350f
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by driven5373
They all seem to be very eager for such a new car that is getting such good reviews.

I hope people who paid sticker or close to sticker don't feel bad. Southern California is littered with a sea of Lexus dealerships with huge allocations of these cars, making things very price competitive out here.
That's exactly it. There are literally 5 Lexus dealerships within a 25 mile radius in Orange County - that I know of off the top of my head. All the dealers know this, and will play ball if you let them know that you want to be part of THEIR family. I just hope that people who still haven't bought one can learn from what I posted and get the best price for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails Price Paid for an IS250/350?-lexus_3.jpg  
Old 08-09-13, 03:54 PM
G8rGirl
Driver

What lease residual % has LFS been using for the 36 month lease on the IS 250?
Old 08-11-13, 10:32 AM
enoren
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G8rGirl
What lease residual % has LFS been using for the 36 month lease on the IS 250?
Pulled out my lease to find the answer. Mine is a Black 250 AWD F-Sport with Nav. Price paid is $1,100 over invoice/$2,000 off MSRP. For a 36 month lease, the residual is at 0.681, financed through Lexus.
Old 08-11-13, 10:55 AM
G8rGirl
Driver

Originally Posted by enoren
Pulled out my lease to find the answer. Mine is a Black 250 AWD F-Sport with Nav. Price paid is $1,100 over invoice/$2,000 off MSRP. For a 36 month lease, the residual is at 0.681, financed through Lexus.
Thank you enoren!
Old 08-11-13, 01:23 PM
EFanucci
Driver School Candidate

'14 IS350 F-Sport MSRP $47,008: Leased for 27 months with $2K off MSRP, 0.0015 money factor, 72% residual.
Old 08-11-13, 09:40 PM
islndchica
Driver School Candidate

Question: Has everyone been getting money off MSRP on their purchase? I find it hard to believe that everyone is getting these awesome deals. Certainly I can't be the only one about to fork over the sticker price on this car. My best guess is that there's a bias, and the only people posting are the ones excited about their savings with those paying sticker keeping quiet. Please tell me I'm not nuts.
Old 08-11-13, 10:10 PM
JL25
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islndchica
Question: Has everyone been getting money off MSRP on their purchase? I find it hard to believe that everyone is getting these awesome deals. Certainly I can't be the only one about to fork over the sticker price on this car. My best guess is that there's a bias, and the only people posting are the ones excited about their savings with those paying sticker keeping quiet. Please tell me I'm not nuts.
I haven't singed the paperwork yet as I'm waiting for the car to arrive from Los Angeles. Only paid the $1k to reserve it, but I will be paying msrp. It's kinda hard to negotiate right now when the 350 f sport nebula gray with red interior are hard to find, which is the one I want. All of them have been sold before they even arrived at all the dealers in TX. If I was buying one that was in stock which different dealers were trying to make me buy, probably would be a different story. One try to sell me a 350 f sport silver with black interior with $600 off msrp. Also, been to some dealers where they weren't giving discounts either. So you are not the only one.
Old 08-12-13, 01:24 AM
a10495
Driver School Candidate

ok definitely subbed into this! plan on selling my evo to get this! i contacted a dealer and he said he can get me the factory invoice price (not sure if its just to make me come down or he dead serious!)
Old 08-12-13, 05:29 AM
islndchica
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by a10495
ok definitely subbed into this! plan on selling my evo to get this! i contacted a dealer and he said he can get me the factory invoice price (not sure if its just to make me come down or he dead serious!)
That would be awesome! It seems like the ppl in Cali are the ones really getting great deals. I guess having competition is the key.
Here, all the closest dealerships are 2-3 hours away (and have limited inventory compared to the one closest to me). Couple of the ones I spoke with only have one 350 F-sport on their lot. Seems like there's only a handful in the whole state, and the neighboring one. Willingness to budge on the price - zero, except maybe a couple hundred bucks... which isn't worth the hassle. I'd probably get a better deal on a 250 F-sport or either of the non-F's.
Old 08-12-13, 08:24 AM
Visualarch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EFanucci
'14 IS350 F-Sport MSRP $47,008: Leased for 27 months with $2K off MSRP, 0.0015 money factor, 72% residual.
What's your monthly payment?
Old 08-12-13, 09:13 AM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a10495
you'll regret selling the evo! LOL! jk the 3is is definately a step up from that car but i still have my evo since i bought a is250
Old 08-12-13, 11:38 AM
a10495
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bayarea3is
you'll regret selling the evo! LOL! jk the 3is is definately a step up from that car but i still have my evo since i bought a is250
hahaha! i mean it is jsut a car! i know ill be missing out on the fun and handling and everything but im only a senior in high school now with now job and the gas is just !!! but my mom said if i sell mine at a good price i can get an is250! got gas all day! or well just better mpg. anyways how much did you pay for yours?

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?