Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 02:24 PM
adriano
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfpunks
May I ask who helped u
Phillip from Van Nuys. Tell him Adrian told you about this number.
Old 08-19-13, 03:20 PM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by John510
Bay Area I went to Pleasanton Lexus.
that's your problem right there. next time check out Magnussen's in Fremont. It's a 20 minute drive south on 680.
Old 08-19-13, 04:57 PM
Brklyn
Driver School Candidate

Apparently, the best deals to be had are found in California. Sucks for us east coasters. The book I am reading "Death of a Car Salesman" says the same about where the best deals can be found on new cars.
Old 08-19-13, 05:43 PM
flippd
Driver

Yeah. When my lease is up (actually, even before it's up), I'm going car shopping in California (10 hours away)!!!
Old 08-21-13, 09:22 AM
FE9000
Driver School Candidate

Currently shopping for a 350 F Sport White with red int. Anyone else that could share their purchase number that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-22-13, 07:09 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

I was curious about my deal for which I am paying full MSRP (with free window tint) for a special order in June from Bell Lexus in Phoenix. So I conducted an experiment....

I contacted 4 dealers via Edmunds, 2 local here in the Phoenix area (that I didn't talk to before and aren't affiliated with Bell) and 2 in California. When they replied I told them that I wanted to SPECIAL ORDER a loaded IS-350. This request seemed to escape the Phoenix dealers as they were anxious to sell current inventory or future allocations. For the 2 in California I explained that I would fly out to pick up the car and drive it home.

PHX Dealer #1: ~$1300 off MSRP on an in-stock IS350, $1000 on a special order.
PHX Dealer #2: $1000 off in-stock, nothing off of special order.
LA Dealer #1: No response once I explained I was out of state and looking for a deal.
LA Dealer #2: WAS WILLING TO SPECIAL ORDER and sell AT INVOICE!

I'm not sure LA Dealer #2 would give the same deal to a local necessarily, because truly in my case it is "found money" for the dealership whereas for local buyers I think the dealers feel they are likely to get your business regardless and are less aggressive. Of course, I didn't get into Out-The-Door pricing which might have included some add-ons to jack up the price.

If you want the LA-Area dealer #2's name, PM me. I don't know if it's a good idea (or ethical) to publish it openly. Here's a hint... if you search for dealers closest to zip 90210 and select the dealers with the higher star ratings (on Edmunds) you'll get it.

If I wasn't 2 months into the process I'd probably consider cancelling the order but I'm not going to. I think I am going to try to negotiate some more freebies (if that's possible), such as the preferred accessories package, Smart Key and Black front emblem all installed at cost or something like that.

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you negotiate a better deal knowing that it is worth shopping around, especially if you live somewhere with several dealers.
Old 08-22-13, 08:12 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
I was curious about my deal for which I am paying full MSRP (with free window tint) for a special order in June from Bell Lexus in Phoenix. So I conducted an experiment....

I contacted 4 dealers via Edmunds, 2 local here in the Phoenix area (that I didn't talk to before and aren't affiliated with Bell) and 2 in California. When they replied I told them that I wanted to SPECIAL ORDER a loaded IS-350. This request seemed to escape the Phoenix dealers as they were anxious to sell current inventory or future allocations. For the 2 in California I explained that I would fly out to pick up the car and drive it home.

PHX Dealer #1: ~$1300 off MSRP on an in-stock IS350, $1000 on a special order.
PHX Dealer #2: $1000 off in-stock, nothing off of special order.
LA Dealer #1: No response once I explained I was out of state and looking for a deal.
LA Dealer #2: WAS WILLING TO SPECIAL ORDER and sell AT INVOICE!

I'm not sure LA Dealer #2 would give the same deal to a local necessarily, because truly in my case it is "found money" for the dealership whereas for local buyers I think the dealers feel they are likely to get your business regardless and are less aggressive. Of course, I didn't get into Out-The-Door pricing which might have included some add-ons to jack up the price.

If you want the LA-Area dealer #2's name, PM me. I don't know if it's a good idea (or ethical) to publish it openly. Here's a hint... if you search for dealers closest to zip 90210 and select the dealers with the higher star ratings (on Edmunds) you'll get it.

If I wasn't 2 months into the process I'd probably consider cancelling the order but I'm not going to. I think I am going to try to negotiate some more freebies (if that's possible), such as the preferred accessories package, Smart Key and Black front emblem all installed at cost or something like that.

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you negotiate a better deal knowing that it is worth shopping around, especially if you live somewhere with several dealers.
If your talking about Lexus of Santa Monica. They are great. That's where I got my car.
Old 08-23-13, 06:40 AM
golfpunks
Driver

Just got my gf hers for 46900 out the door white on red is350 fsport,, good deal thanks to this thread
Old 08-23-13, 01:17 PM
Wingc1234
Driver School Candidate

I'm in Bay Area California ,looking to buy 250 RWD F sports sometime in October MSRP $42388 . How much should I offer the dealers for OTD price ? Anyone have any buying experiences on this car let me know . Thank you
Old 08-29-13, 08:11 PM
jly488
Driver School Candidate

Just bought today lexus of watertown boston

Obsidian Lexus IS250 AWD Luxury Package/Navigation, BSM
MSRP: $45,853
OTD: $39,000 With Graduation rebate 1.9%apr

Couldnt pass this deal up, picking the car up tomorrow!
Old 08-29-13, 09:28 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jly488
Just bought today lexus of watertown boston

Obsidian Lexus IS250 AWD Luxury Package/Navigation, BSM
MSRP: $45,853
OTD: $39,000 With Graduation rebate 1.9%apr

Couldnt pass this deal up, picking the car up tomorrow!
This doesn't seem possible. Boston has a tax rate of 6.25 percent which would mean the sales price is just above 36k. On a 2013 I can see this but not on a 2014.
Old 08-29-13, 09:42 PM
jly488
Driver School Candidate

The car is being registered in NH no sales tax
Old 08-30-13, 08:57 AM
pianospike
Rookie

It is better to list sales price versus OTD price. OTD price just makes apples-to-apples comparison more difficult.
Old 08-30-13, 09:43 AM
redraptor
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Yup, very true as sales tax differ from state to state and any other fees which a specific dealer may tackle on.
Old 08-30-13, 01:34 PM
KeyserS
Rookie

Originally Posted by driven5373
Is that 47k out the door with tax? If so, good deal I think.

72 month financing is never a good deal. That puts like another $6500 on the price of the car.
Really? Are you sure? What if the interest rate is lower than you can get for a home loan, or from your broker, for margin buying? Seems to me that whether this is or is not a good deal depends entirely on the interest rate, and the incremental amount that you end up paying is not really relevant unless you compare it to the cost of borrowing for the same amount borrowed elsewhere for the same time period. The last time I borrowed money to by a car was in 1983. I paid it off early, in under two years, but that was because interested at that time were around 10%, and because I took the loan through a credit union and made certain that there were no penalties for early payoff. With interest rates being what they are nowadays and virtually certain to go up considerably within just a few more months, it is difficult to make a case for NOT borrowing as much money as you can. In a couple more years the interest paid on money market accounts will probably be more than the interest you would get for a car you buy now. The window of opportunity here is not going to last much longer. I will have receded significantly by early next year, most likely, and it is rather likely that the interest rates being offered a year from now will be higher by a full percentage point.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?