IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 04:48 AM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Not many deals in Pa on a IS. Dealers here don,t want to negotiate, especially on an ultra white with red interior.
Old 02-11-14, 05:51 AM
pjc16
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spotxc
Hey pjc16 it can be done in Fl for a good price also. What part of Florida are you at? I just bought one at lexus of pembroke pines with the same msrp for just under 43500 + Tax and the other stuff. And I got them to beat carmax's offer on my trade in. Tried a couple of other lexus dealerships in the area and pembroke was most willing to work a deal.
Hey Thanks spotxc & mj7801, and i live in the Panama City Beach Fl So i know I'm going to have to travel again (closer dealership to me is Lexus of Mobile) yuck.., I wouldn't mine driving 8 hours for a deal like that, who was you guys sales rep? & did you purchase towards the end of the month etc. or did that even matter.. Orlando FL is about 5 Hours away from me & Jacksonville is 4
Old 02-12-14, 01:03 PM
Vairox
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there just a shortage of Lexus dealers on the east coast so there's no deals? MSRP on my 350 was $45k I said what can you do he said $41,100, I don't understand why they would be so easy to deal in Cali and nothing on the east coast.
Old 02-12-14, 01:24 PM
hkswrxti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vairox
Is there just a shortage of Lexus dealers on the east coast so there's no deals? MSRP on my 350 was $45k I said what can you do he said $41,100, I don't understand why they would be so easy to deal in Cali and nothing on the east coast.
What dealer are you/all of the members going to in CA? Plan on picking one up soon.

Also, what options are on your 350?
Old 02-13-14, 09:36 AM
oghowie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hkswrxti
What dealer are you/all of the members going to in CA? Plan on picking one up soon.

Also, what options are on your 350?
In SoCal, I dealt with Riverside, Ontario and Longo Lexus. Longo offered the best deal.
Old 02-13-14, 02:15 PM
jp1022
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oghowie
In SoCal, I dealt with Riverside, Ontario and Longo Lexus. Longo offered the best deal.
what did Longo Lexus offer you
Old 02-13-14, 04:33 PM
oghowie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jp1022
what did Longo Lexus offer you
White / Black Nav, BSM, ML

Payment Details
Term 27 months
Base Payment 424.51
Total Payment 458.47
Purchase Option 34,712.64
MSRP 48,212.00
Est. Miles Per Year 10,000
San Bernardino CA tax 8%

Amount Due at Signing
1st Month Payment 458.47
Fees & Insurance 503.75
Upfront Taxes 6.40
Total Inception Fees 968.62

Total Cash Required on Delivery 968.62

Did not get in on this deal because I got it from Riverside before I got this offer. I think this deal is about $500 cheaper than my deal for a 27 month lease.

You should be able to get at lease $43,790 on a $48,212 MSRP Car. This is the price I got from Riverside and Longo was going to beat it.

Last edited by oghowie; 02-13-14 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 01:37 PM
goblue07
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday I got $2K off my $43K IS250 F- Sport in TX.
Old 02-18-14, 08:54 AM
johnhong
Driver School Candidate

Paid ~$1000 below invoice for my 350 F-Sport up in the SF BayArea. White on black w/ML, BSM.
MSRP - 48,14
Invoice 45,270
Price paid 44,270 + tax
OTD was around 48.7K

I know cars a bit cheaper down in SoCal (at least on truecar.com), but was willing to pay extra to buy local. Also I really wanted to pick it up on 2/14 as a Valentine's Day surprise . . . so I think the dealer sensed that I really did not want to walk out the door. White on black is a bit short on supply at the moment, so you may not have as much negotiating power if you want that color combo.

The dealer dropped off my other car the next morning (~25 miles from my home) as part of their purchasing service which was really nice. The wife is loving the car so far. . .
Old 02-18-14, 02:58 PM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnhong
Paid ~$1000 below invoice for my 350 F-Sport up in the SF BayArea. White on black w/ML, BSM.
MSRP - 48,14
Invoice 45,270
Price paid 44,270 + tax
OTD was around 48.7K

I know cars a bit cheaper down in SoCal (at least on truecar.com), but was willing to pay extra to buy local. Also I really wanted to pick it up on 2/14 as a Valentine's Day surprise . . . so I think the dealer sensed that I really did not want to walk out the door. White on black is a bit short on supply at the moment, so you may not have as much negotiating power if you want that color combo.

The dealer dropped off my other car the next morning (~25 miles from my home) as part of their purchasing service which was really nice. The wife is loving the car so far. . .
Great Deal !
Old 02-19-14, 05:20 PM
fiendskill
Rookie

Hi, new forum user, just been browsing and researching. Im in the market for either 250 or 350 with possible fsport package.
I was wondering if there are any good buys around the chicago area. Ive been inquiring a few of them already but they seem to be very stingy on the price
They all seem to be firm with 40-42k for 250 and 46-48k for 350 and by reading all of the posts here, I would assume I would be able to drop it down to something more reasonable. Just cant seem to crack any of the salesmen.
Any tips or hooks ups appreciated
Old 02-19-14, 06:02 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by fiendskill
Hi, new forum user, just been browsing and researching. Im in the market for either 250 or 350 with possible fsport package.
I was wondering if there are any good buys around the chicago area. Ive been inquiring a few of them already but they seem to be very stingy on the price
They all seem to be firm with 40-42k for 250 and 46-48k for 350 and by reading all of the posts here, I would assume I would be able to drop it down to something more reasonable. Just cant seem to crack any of the salesmen.
Any tips or hooks ups appreciated
Buy a report from here, learn the real price, beat them up. It's hard for them to give you the runaround when you confront them with cold hard facts. My favorite part of the report is the itemized breakdown of the packages, invoice vs sticker.

http://www.truecar.com
Old 02-19-14, 06:28 PM
fiendskill
Rookie

Originally Posted by VGer
Buy a report from here, learn the real price, beat them up. It's hard for them to give you the runaround when you confront them with cold hard facts. My favorite part of the report is the itemized breakdown of the packages, invoice vs sticker.

http://www.truecar.com
Any tips on confronting them and getting what you want? Im coming from a scion tc which was pure price new so there were no negotiations involded except like free weathermats lol..
Old 02-19-14, 08:03 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by fiendskill
Any tips on confronting them and getting what you want? Im coming from a scion tc which was pure price new so there were no negotiations involded except like free weathermats lol..
Do your research, come prepared, know exactly what you want to pay, and don't budge... A good dealership will earn your patronage. If you run into one of those guys who says "the price of the car is the price of the car." Say, "so if I call tomorrow and speak to someone else will they give me the same story?" That will throw them for a loop. I had one salesman flip his bit when he thought I had spoken to another salesman within his own dealership... Through a miscue he thought someone had underbid him, and lured me away from his business right under the same roof. I was like... "That can happen?" In a word... Yes. Truth be told I was only using him for leverage, and his pricing wasn't impressing me, but what I could do is get him to run the VIN of my custom order (he didn't know it was my car, I was merely inquiring how much it would it cost for a car configured like this?) from another dealership and give me the dealer invoice, etc, and other tidbits, that I could then go back and to my original dealer and then confront them with fun facts and knowledge. Be sneaky, play them off one another, and if you want to order it, don't let them try and convince you that custom orders are any more expensive than one off the lot, I got my custom order for $250 below invoice. Kick in the December to remember cash back and it was a sweet deal indeed.

Eventually even they can't weasel their way around a preponderance of facts and figures, and they know they can't convince you of other pricing scenarios.

And if you can't get your way... Walk.. No exceptions, trust me, they'll be calling you in a week or so...
Old 02-19-14, 08:22 PM
fiendskill
Rookie

Ok cool, imma get into their heads then. Thanks for the examples! Planning to get it by spring, so ill plant seeds until then

Originally Posted by VGer
Do your research, come prepared, know exactly what you want to pay, and don't budge... A good dealership will earn your patronage. If you run into one of those guys who says "the price of the car is the price of the car." Say, "so if I call tomorrow and speak to someone else will they give me the same story?" That will throw them for a loop. I had one salesman flip his bit when he thought I had spoken to another salesman within his own dealership... Through a miscue he thought someone had underbid him, and lured me away from his business right under the same roof. I was like... "That can happen?" In a word... Yes. Truth be told I was only using him for leverage, and his pricing wasn't impressing me, but what I could do is get him to run the VIN of my custom order (he didn't know it was my car, I was merely inquiring how much it would it cost for a car configured like this?) from another dealership and give me the dealer invoice, etc, and other tidbits, that I could then go back and to my original dealer and then confront them with fun facts and knowledge. Be sneaky, play them off one another, and if you want to order it, don't let them try and convince you that custom orders are any more expensive than one off the lot, I got my custom order for $250 below invoice. Kick in the December to remember cash back and it was a sweet deal indeed.

Eventually even they can't weasel their way around a preponderance of facts and figures, and they know they can't convince you of other pricing scenarios.

And if you can't get your way... Walk.. No exceptions, trust me, they'll be calling you in a week or so...

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?