Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

price paid for a is250/350?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-13, 08:14 AM   #16
Glashub
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 746
Default

Okay. Since I’m participating in this thread I may as well pipe in with my deal. Keep in mind that there are always going to be people with better deals than your or worse deals than yours. I may not get the best deal on a car but get a great deal on a house. It all evens out. The nature of doing deals.

I got $1500 off and had the destination and delivery fees waived. I tried to put as much on a credit card as I could -- so I can get cash back – which I would pay off in full at the end of the month – but they weren’t going for it.

So I paid all of it except $2500 by check and put the $2500 on the card. I will pay the balance off at the end of the month and get a few bucks cash back.

No extended warranty, sprays, sealers, saran wrap, or any of the other cross sell nonsense.

I took my trade in to Carmax and sold it to them. I got about $4K more from Carmax than I would’ve from the dealers.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Glashub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 08:19 AM   #17
unc879wins
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
Default

Well done. That was indeed true savings. Good strategy.
unc879wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 08:30 AM   #18
pianospike
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 62
pianospike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post
Okay. Since I’m participating in this thread I may as well pipe in with my deal. Keep in mind that there are always going to be people with better deals than your or worse deals than yours. I may not get the best deal on a car but get a great deal on a house. It all evens out. The nature of doing deals.

I got $1500 off and had the destination and delivery fees waived. I tried to put as much on a credit card as I could -- so I can get cash back – which I would pay off in full at the end of the month – but they weren’t going for it.

So I paid all of it except $2500 by check and put the $2500 on the card. I will pay the balance off at the end of the month and get a few bucks cash back.

No extended warranty, sprays, sealers, saran wrap, or any of the other cross sell nonsense.

I took my trade in to Carmax and sold it to them. I got about $4K more from Carmax than I would’ve from the dealers.
Awesome! I will try this same strategy as I'm also saving up for a Hawaii trip with credit card rewards. Not surprising they wouldn't go for more than $2,500, as it probably costs them around 2.5-3% on credit card transaction and zero on check. Nice gesture that they allowed $2,500 to go on the card, though.
pianospike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 08:33 AM   #19
Glashub
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 746
Default

Thank you pianospike & unc879wins -- and you're welcome pianospikes. As a guy who's been around the block I'd like to share that imo a good deal stops being a good deal when one spends too much precious time trying to save a few bucks. Life & time are very valuable. I've gotten caught up in that trap where I spent too much time obsessively trying to match the deals others on forums said they got. The additional money saved was not worth it.
Glashub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 12:30 PM   #20
kabgolf1
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post
Thank you pianospike & unc879wins -- and you're welcome pianospikes. As a guy who's been around the block I'd like to share that imo a good deal stops being a good deal when one spends too much precious time trying to save a few bucks. Life & time are very valuable. I've gotten caught up in that trap where I spent too much time obsessively trying to match the deals others on forums said they got. The additional money saved was not worth it.
I definitely will agree with that. Time is money. Hours and expenses back and forth multiple times to a dealer gets very expensive very fast. If a person is serious about buying, a deal can be struck pretty easily and painlessly.
kabgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 02:23 PM   #21
Evitzee
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Evitzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 3,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post
Thank you pianospike & unc879wins -- and you're welcome pianospikes. As a guy who's been around the block I'd like to share that imo a good deal stops being a good deal when one spends too much precious time trying to save a few bucks. Life & time are very valuable. I've gotten caught up in that trap where I spent too much time obsessively trying to match the deals others on forums said they got. The additional money saved was not worth it.
You are correct there, throwing money away is bad but obsessing over the last dollar on a luxury product takes some of the pleasure out of it. If one wants a brand new spankin' new 2014 IS NOW you are going to pay more than if you wait six months or so.....figure that into your equation and make your decision.
__________________
2006 IS 350 - Tungsten Pearl/black ~ Carbon Fiber trim w/ Momo Combat Evo shift **** ~ NAV/ML/XM ~ Sport Package ~ Ground Effects ~ Lexon Roof Spoiler ~ G-Spiders ~ Race Mesh grille ~ 35% tint
2010 RX 350 - Black Sapphire/parchment ~ Nav ~ Luxury Package ~ Comfort Package ~ Heads Up Display


---------------------------
Evitzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 05:10 PM   #22
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evitzee View Post
You are correct there, throwing money away is bad but obsessing over the last dollar on a luxury product takes some of the pleasure out of it. If one wants a brand new spankin' new 2014 IS NOW you are going to pay more than if you wait six months or so.....figure that into your equation and make your decision.
Here here...well said.

However, with the right salesman, you can get a discount. Even now.
__________________
www.clublexus.com/gallery/data//501/eggie_002.jpg

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 09:23 PM   #23
Timmah
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: HTX
Posts: 110
Default

Price of the car is the Price of the car. It doesn't matter if you finance, lease or pay cash. If you get a good deal in the front you will get ripped in the back or vice versa is a thing of the past. Everything is separate now-a-days.
Front meaning price of the car back meaning the Finance/business office (where you do your paper work)
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 08:24 PM   #24
SexyElaine
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
SexyElaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 220
Default

I'm pleasantly surprised to see some folks getting the 3IS below MSRP so soon !?!? Not sure if its a regional thing or not but here in he NorthEast the dealers are all looking for MSRP for at least a few months !!??
SexyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 10:43 AM   #25
John510
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
John510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 570
Default

Paid full MSRP. My dealer is selling them like crazy. I wanted one NOW so I paid more for it. Probably depends on area also. In the higher income cities they probably won't negotiate as soon since they sell faster.
John510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 10:49 AM   #26
dstopsie
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
dstopsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John510 View Post
Paid full MSRP. My dealer is selling them like crazy. I wanted one NOW so I paid more for it. Probably depends on area also. In the higher income cities they probably won't negotiate as soon since they sell faster.
Where in CA are you located and what dealer did you go to?? Just curious...
dstopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 11:03 AM   #27
John510
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
John510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 570
Default

Bay Area I went to Pleasanton Lexus.
John510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 01:02 PM   #28
dstopsie
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
dstopsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John510 View Post
Bay Area I went to Pleasanton Lexus.
ok. I am in Los Angeles and I haven't seen any down here yet but mine.
dstopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 12:16 PM   #29
jennyshop
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: tx
Posts: 4
Default

Hi everyone,
I was offered $2900 off MSRP for IS 250. Is that a good deal. From what I'm reading, it sounds good but I'm thinking there is a catch I'm missing. Sounds like too good a deal on a new model.
jennyshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 12:26 PM   #30
titoman110
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
titoman110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 180
tito.vasquez.77 titoman113
Default

I got my 2014 Lexus IS 250 F Sport on July 2nd for $42k here in Los Angeles. I have not seen one since I left the Glendale Dealer. No discount was offer on my Lexus.
titoman110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 12:26 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2014, 250, buy, clublexus, forum, interior, is250, is350, lexus, paid, price, prices, red, sport, website

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anymore Quad exhaust for IS 250/350? someboy Performance 43 03-13-14 09:49 AM
CA WTB: Stock exhaust IS250/350 dojoman 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 5 06-04-13 06:49 PM
Will the ISF hood fit the IS250/350? cm09578 IS - Second Generation 18 04-12-13 01:26 PM
IS250/350 license plate lights KevsSC Lighting 2 04-08-13 05:55 PM
CA IS250/350 RWD All Weather Floor Mat felixcat 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 8 10-14-12 11:20 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info