Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

price paid for a is250/350?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-13, 11:40 AM   #211
js1011
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
did you have a trade to trade in?
No trade in good sir! Prior to my F-Sport - I was leasing a TL. I turned in my lease to buy the IS. The TL was overall too long for me; however, the drive was insanely smooth.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
js1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 11:56 AM   #212
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1011 View Post
No trade in good sir! Prior to my F-Sport - I was leasing a TL. I turned in my lease to buy the IS. The TL was overall too long for me; however, the drive was insanely smooth.
unless you turned in the TL to an acura dealer they simply took it on trade, likely gave you less for your car then it was worth which explains why you got a lower price of the new car, they have every intention to make that up selling your TL for a profit.
classic funny money game, all dealers play it.
Bass Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 11:57 AM   #213
js1011
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Mech View Post
unless you turned in the TL to an acura dealer they simply took it on trade, likely gave you less for your car then it was worth which explains why you got a lower price of the new car, they have every intention to make that up selling your TL for a profit.
classic funny money game, all dealers play it.
I turned in the TL to Acura - not Lexus. If I turned in the car to Lexus then it would have been a trade in, because they would have had to buy it.
js1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 09:32 AM   #214
alexlude
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
alexlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 537
Default

New purchase, no trade in

350 Fsport - Ultra White / Rioja Red

- F sport pkg
- BSM
- VGRS
- Mark Levinson
- Trunk mat / Cargo net / Wheel Locks

(Wanted PCS, but not waiting 4-5 months for one just for this)

MSRP = $48,462
Invoice = $45,583
My price = $43,883 + Tax + License ($1700 below invoice was the best I could do)
__________________
2014 Lexus IS 350 FSport Ultra White / Rioja Red / Mark Lev / BSM
1996 Honda Prelude Si - Retired
alexlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 04:55 PM   #215
Mattspiral
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nv
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlude View Post
New purchase, no trade in

350 Fsport - Ultra White / Rioja Red

- F sport pkg
- BSM
- VGRS
- Mark Levinson
- Trunk mat / Cargo net / Wheel Locks

(Wanted PCS, but not waiting 4-5 months for one just for this)

MSRP = $48,462
Invoice = $45,583
My price = $43,883 + Tax + License ($1700 below invoice was the best I could do)

which dealership did you go to?
Mattspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 06:07 PM   #216
ibminh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida (FL)
Posts: 31
Default

I was quote for $45k out the door for the IS250F sport package with no navigation. I'm paying it off by check. No finance, no trade in. Is that a good out the door price?
ibminh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 06:22 PM   #217
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibminh View Post
I was quote for $45k out the door for the IS250F sport package with no navigation. I'm paying it off by check. No finance, no trade in. Is that a good out the door price?
No, it doesn't sound like it is good deal especially when you look at others getting well below invoice. Just my opinion.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 06:29 PM   #218
Mattspiral
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nv
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibminh View Post
I was quote for $45k out the door for the IS250F sport package with no navigation. I'm paying it off by check. No finance, no trade in. Is that a good out the door price?
i wouldnt go for it. some members here even got a 350 fsport in the 43k-45k range.
Mattspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 07:07 PM   #219
enoren
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibminh View Post
I was quote for $45k out the door for the IS250F sport package with no navigation. I'm paying it off by check. No finance, no trade in. Is that a good out the door price?
No, not a good deal. I got the 250 AWD F-Sport with navigation for less than $43,000.
__________________

OWN: 2014 IS 250 AWD F-Sport, Black on Black
SOLD: 2009 IS 250 AWD, Black on Black
enoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 12:53 PM   #220
Mattspiral
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nv
Posts: 45
Default

So I just got offered a selling price of $42,722 with an msrp of 47,008 for a '14 IS350 fsport.
Should I pull the trigger?
Mattspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 01:21 PM   #221
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspiral View Post
So I just got offered a selling price of $42,722 with an msrp of 47,008 for a '14 IS350 fsport.
Should I pull the trigger?
If you are getting $4k+ discount from MSRP, I think that is great deal. You are below invoice.
SonyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 02:59 PM   #222
alexlude
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
alexlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cali
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspiral View Post
So I just got offered a selling price of $42,722 with an msrp of 47,008 for a '14 IS350 fsport.
Should I pull the trigger?

$4300 below is pretty good.. you should ask them what invoice is and if you can get $1k below that, you are good!
alexlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 03:25 PM   #223
eyeball
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
eyeball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: California
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattspiral View Post
So I just got offered a selling price of $42,722 with an msrp of 47,008 for a '14 IS350 fsport. Should I pull the trigger?
I think that's a great deal ... not knowing if you have a trade-in or if you are financing thru LFS
__________________
****************************************************************************
2014 Nebula Gray Pearl/Rioja Red IS350 RWD F-Sport NAV/BSM
2006 Flint Mica/Light Gray Rx400h AWD NAV/ML
2001 Black Onyx/Ivory Rx300 AWD with Nakamichi Audio System Package
****************************************************************************
eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 05:28 PM   #224
Kizersoze
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: GA
Posts: 23
Default Finally got mine!

IS250 F sport Silver with black interior + navigation.

MSRP $42,998
Negotiated Price $39,998

Emailed 5 dealers and got the $3k discount immediately. Took it to my local dealership and they matched it very easily and painlessly.
Kizersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 07:02 PM   #225
ibminh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida (FL)
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizersoze View Post
IS250 F sport Silver with black interior + navigation.

MSRP $42,998
Negotiated Price $39,998

Emailed 5 dealers and got the $3k discount immediately. Took it to my local dealership and they matched it very easily and painlessly.
Just to verify, you got it for 39998 otd?
ibminh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 07:02 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2014, 250, buy, clublexus, forum, interior, is250, is350, lexus, paid, price, prices, red, sport, website

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FL IS250/350 Custom Sub Box MrBalistic Mobile Audio/Video Classifieds 3 05-17-14 08:02 AM
anymore Quad exhaust for IS 250/350? someboy Performance 43 03-13-14 09:49 AM
CA WTB: Stock exhaust IS250/350 dojoman 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 5 06-04-13 06:49 PM
Will the ISF hood fit the IS250/350? cm09578 IS - Second Generation 18 04-12-13 01:26 PM
IS250/350 license plate lights KevsSC Lighting 2 04-08-13 05:55 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info