IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black

Old 06-19-13, 04:04 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black

I've finally decided to pick IS350 over BMW 335. I walked into the dealer today and saw a very nasty-looking, aggressive black IS250 F Sport - loved the black grille immediately. The dealer only has two cars: one for the showroom and the other for test drive, and Bay Ridge Lexus got them last night.

I walked out and purchased the IS350 F-Sport RWD black interior and black exterior. I was able to get $900 off MSRP, and the MSRP is $48,205. No complain about the discount since it's the a first year model.

I wanted the AWD, but I discovered that AWD comes with 6-speed only. So, screw it - I picked RWD with 8-speed auto. I just thought that there is no point to get a performance car that doesn't have an 8-speed transmission. I either remain conservative and get 250 with nothing or go all the way with the best. I live in NYC, and there are probably a few snow storms (no more than 5) in every winter. I will just not drive on snowy days, and that's what I did when I owned the 2IS350 RWD in the old days.

I was a bit disappointed about the F-Sport package because it comes with Nuluxe, instead of leather. According to the dealer and the brochure, you can only get leather with the luxury package. Oh well........ The Nuluxe isn't so bad. I looked at it today, and it looks pretty close to leather.

White or Black: I only had these two colors in my mind. I had Red Mica before, and I wanted something that's not too flashy, so blue is out. I hated silver and grey - out automatically. I had three choices left: Starfire Pearl, Ultra White, and Obsidian. I had a white Honda like 10 years ago, and managing the color was pain in the butt. As a result, Obsidian is the obvious, last choice. In addition, the color of the rims (those that come with the F sport package) is a little dark, so I think that the color of the car somewhat matches the rims, making the car look really aggressive overall. And, I can't wait to turn on the front and rear lights in the evening and see how aggressive it will look. (After all, I'm in my early 30s, and Obsidian seems to be a mature color for me.)

Anyway, I have these options:
-Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
-F Sport package
-Navigation + Mark Levinson
-Variable Gear Ratio Steering
-Adaptive Variable Suspension

I really didn't want Mark Levinson and Blind Spot Monitor (to save $), but a special order will take like 4-5 months. I don't mind waiting, but I need a car now for various reasons, and I have been without a car for 4 years.

The dealer needs to pull the car from somewhere in the U.S. so delivery will take place probably in a few weeks. The dealer wanted to charge me $1,000 for pulling this car from another state to NYC, and I was like no damn way. In general, the fees are reasonable.

The pics here are the IS250 F-Sport in the showroom, and you can see that the brake is smaller.

Next step: I will have to return to do the final paperwork when the car arrives at the dealer. For now, I need get a quote from PenFed (for a lower interest rate). Second, I need to search for a clear bra installer.
Attached Thumbnails Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black-img-20130619-wa0004.jpg   Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black-img-20130619-wa0026.jpg   Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black-img-20130619-wa0027.jpg   Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black-img-20130619-wa0025.jpg  

Last edited by doctorttt; 06-19-13 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-19-13, 04:13 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Congrats! Nice choice.
Old 06-19-13, 04:36 PM
heisnuts
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on a beautiful looking car.

Were you able to drive a car with the VGRS (steering) and one without? I am interested in the difference.
Old 06-19-13, 06:12 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

nice! STEALTH!
Old 06-19-13, 06:16 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I really didn't want Mark Levinson and Blind Spot Monitor (to save $), but a special order will take like 4-5 months. I don't mind waiting, but I need a car now for various reasons, and I have been without a car for 4 years.
Once you go BSM you won't go back..
Old 06-19-13, 06:33 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations!! Glad the dealer is looking into getting the one you want. I have the same problem where I live; we only get AWD on the dealer lots if the model is available in AWD.
Old 06-19-13, 06:36 PM
heisnuts
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Once you go BSM you won't go back..
So true. We have it on the RX 350 and it is a really nice feature to have.
Old 06-19-13, 07:12 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by heisnuts
Congrats on a beautiful looking car.

Were you able to drive a car with the VGRS (steering) and one without? I am interested in the difference.
Unfortunately, neither the sales rep and I knew anything about VGRS this afternoon. The dealer got the cars last night, and the reps there aren't fully trained yet. When I pick up the car, I will test it out. Thanks
Old 06-19-13, 07:27 PM
ISSForged
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So exciting! Great color choice! Can't wait to see some of these on the road finally!
Old 06-19-13, 07:56 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Congrats! I too was in the same predicament color-wise on the F-Sport. I had a Red Matador IS, presently same color CT so that was out since I wanted a chage. Didn't want the silvers as it was too common and not sporty enough. I have a Nebula gray RX F-Sport so that was out. Ultrasonic Blue (avail in Canada) was too flashy/boy-racer plus I want the Rioja red interior which is not available with the USB. So was left with Ultra White or Obsidian. I settled on the beast-look with Obsidian and Rioja Red interior and I'm glad you posted these pics as it truly shows this look here. There are very few black IS's posted on the web as 95% of them are the Ultra White. On that note, I felt white was maybe too "tuner-style" waiting for a load of stickers to be placed all over. Honestly, no color is really wrong on this car as the body and spindle grill especially is so sharp and aggressive.
Old 06-19-13, 08:10 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get the TRD kit to complete the aggressive look.
Old 06-19-13, 09:49 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats!! New car looks good!

TRD Kit looks good on black car. haha
Old 06-20-13, 04:21 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. Great choice going with the RWD over the AWD. I am also curious how the FGRS feels as the test cars at my dealer do not have it.
Old 06-20-13, 05:14 AM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. I picked up a black IS myself. Original choice was for the F but it had no parking sensors, no heated and cooled seats head light washer and the list goes on. The dealer thought it was a fluke, but all of the F's they received in their fist shipment lacked the extra stuff. I really like what they did with the gauge pod when they made it more LFA styled . The ride quality is Lexus smooth all the way. The changes to the suspension layout might be the game changer. The rear set up is just like the new 13GS. Try not to break any necks as you drive down the street. Looking forward to seeing your mods.
Old 06-20-13, 08:54 AM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JayRo354
Congrats. I picked up a black IS myself. Original choice was for the F but it had no parking sensors, no heated and cooled seats head light washer and the list goes on. The dealer thought it was a fluke, but all of the F's they received in their fist shipment lacked the extra stuff. I really like what they did with the gauge pod when they made it more LFA styled . The ride quality is Lexus smooth all the way. The changes to the suspension layout might be the game changer. The rear set up is just like the new 13GS. Try not to break any necks as you drive down the street. Looking forward to seeing your mods.
Thanks. Unfortunately, mine doesn't have the parking sensors as well (which is the Parking Assistance option for $500?). I believe that the F Sport comes with heated front seats but not the ventilated seats; however, I do know that the Luxury package has both. At least, I have the back up camera from the tech package.

I wish that 1) I could get leather over nuluxe and 2) parking sensors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled Trigger - IS350 F-Sport RWD Black & Black