IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 09:45 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Park Assist is shown on the bumpers in pictures on the F-Sport for other countries.
Old 06-23-13, 06:01 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 07-23-13, 05:13 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

As a quick update, I stopped by the dealer to find out that my sales guy no longer works there... so the first guy I talked to found the paper work and I got to bug him about options again. Some good news... I DID get the rear sunshade that I was previously told wasn't available. Also, I was told that the order was "accepted" by Lexus.

But that's all. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything else. No dates, no nothing. I guess this is probably typical.

I'm curious how the commission from my order works. I guess the original guy didn't get anything since it was just an order. I also guess the lucky guy who greeted me and "took over" my order gets the commission now?
Old 07-23-13, 06:10 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Congrats with the order. I am glad to hear that others are getting the rear sunshade as well. When I placed my order in May, the rear sunshade went through. Be prepared to not hear anything for a while. Lexus is not so forthcoming with information as I have been two months and there are no updates.
I would hope that your new salesman gets the commission as he will be doing all of the work.
Old 08-06-13, 03:02 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Just got a call from the dealer. The car is in Long Beach. Should be here soon. More details to come tomorrow! Total time to receive will be less than 2 months.
Old 08-07-13, 02:55 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Congratulations on the arrival of your order. I still do not even have a build date for mine yet and it is 2 1/2 months.
Old 08-07-13, 05:09 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats - pictures please!
Old 08-08-13, 09:13 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Bad News... I knew it was too good to be true. The salesman should be shot.
He mis-read the report from Lexus. It turns out that my car is built and is just now leaving from Japan.

Did some research and it appears that in general, shipping from Japan can take 3 to 6 weeks depending on how much fuel they want to burn getting here. Anyone know in general how long the Lexus boat takes?
Old 08-08-13, 10:00 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
Bad News... I knew it was too good to be true. The salesman should be shot.
He mis-read the report from Lexus. It turns out that my car is built and is just now leaving from Japan.

Did some research and it appears that in general, shipping from Japan can take 3 to 6 weeks depending on how much fuel they want to burn getting here. Anyone know in general how long the Lexus boat takes?
When I order furniture crates from China it usually takes about 4 weeks. Then it sits in customs for a week or so.
Old 08-08-13, 10:44 AM
kimber13
Driver School Candidate

Wow, sorry you're having so much trouble with your order. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Then I think you'll realize it was worth the wait! Best of luck!
Old 08-28-13, 11:21 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Talked to the dealer today. The car will be in LB on Sept 3. So just under 1 month ship time from Japan.
Old 08-29-13, 12:28 PM
dk206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TXDriver
Congrats on your order. I once waited more than 3 months for a BMW built to my specs. I was so excited when I got the call that it was in. My gf and I drove to the dealership and what did I find???? The dealer had let another customer sit in my car and they were in it when I arrived!!! Some rich girl and her rich mother violated my virgin BMW!!!! Oh well, at least I was the first to drive it. You will appreciate it more after the long wait.
That's not cool, the car is sold already, they shouldn't let people sit in your car!
Old 08-30-13, 07:09 AM
KeyserS
Rookie

Originally Posted by dk206
That's not cool, the car is sold already, they shouldn't let people sit in your car!
The same thing happened to me, when I ordered an Audi a number of years ago. I was waiting and anxious, and when the dealer called, I went straight there. I was STUNNED that they had put the car on the showroom floor, and that I found complete strangers sitting in my car. They hadn't even put a "SOLD" sign in the window of the car. They should at least have had sense enough to lock it. I later figured out that they had the car there, on the floor, for about a week before they even called me to tell me. And eventually I discovered that the driver's headrest did not adjust the way it was supposed to, which likely occurred due to some idiot messing with it and jamming. Eventually that dealership got a very bad reputation on the Internet, by various people who had various problems with them. But it just shows just how sleazy and inconsiderate that car dealerships can often be, toward the people who give them their business. Don't ever trust a car dealership, with anything or for anything. They will do just about anything that you have not told them not to do.
Old 09-09-13, 11:12 PM
azmojo
Instructor

It's here! Looked at it today. Tuesday it gets tint. I pick it up Wednesday:

Total out the door is 53721.11 with free tint.

Also for comparison saw Atomic Silver (non-Fsport), which I would have preferred, in the parking lot and snapped a pic for comparison.
Old 09-09-13, 11:32 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
It's here! Looked at it today. Tuesday it gets tint. I pick it up Wednesday:

Total out the door is 53721.11 with free tint.

Also for comparison saw Atomic Silver (non-Fsport), which I would have preferred, in the parking lot and snapped a pic for comparison.
can you re verify all the options your car came with?
i lost track but i don't think you can get all the options you mentioned earlier, or was that a different poster?

Quick Reply: Order Placed! 2014 IS350 F Sport