IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

**Thread to give Lexus feedback on 3IS Option Packages**. Closed at OP request

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-13, 10:57 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Can you PLEASE ask them to make Ultrasonic Blue available in the US?!?!
Old 05-22-13, 04:20 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were to buy an 3rd gen IS I would want:

Foglights
Real Leather
Heated/ventilated seats
Memory seats
Wood trim

And I would want them in an F-Sport package because I think the non-f-sport grill is ugly as sin. These are all things my 2nd gen has (in addition to rear sun shade, but that's not terribly important)

I just don't understand how/why the 3rd gen exists they way it does. It's using cheaper materials, has less options and costs a little more. For the most successful car company in the world, and for a current Lexus customer who wants to stay a Lexus customer, the amount of cost cutting that went into the 3rd gen is very irritating.
Old 05-22-13, 07:39 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Appleman
Here is the gist of the email I sent to Lexus of Canada. It was specifically in regards to the IS 350 AWD F-Sport.

=========================
I was wondering if you could provide an explanation behind some of the limitations in the packages and options available for the 2014 IS. The pricing is now out and the MSRP for this model is $53,200.

Beginning of my rant:

No leather, it is coming with plastic seats. Due to this, no ventilated seats.
No memory seats
No Lexus Enform Apps - I can see not getting US specific apps like Pandora, but why not the other features
No fog lamps, in fact you go out of your way to say they will be deleted from F-Sport, huh?? Just leave them on.
No rain sensing wipers, but a power rear sunshade.
No LED headlights, this is restricted to the 350 RWD, Executive package, why not F-Sport???
No clearance and backup sensors - this is a really weird one. Shouldn't this be standard on all Lexus vehicles by now? Nevermind a $53,000 one? I am getting rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring and dynamic radar cruise control, you can't throw in parking sensors with that??

Just because it's an F-Sport doesn't mean it won't be driven in the rain or parked.

Really the most frustrating part, is that we all know these options/features are out there, and we would be willing to pay for them, but we aren't even given the option.
=================
Actually the LED headlights are restricted to 350 AWD, with non F-Sport executive package. No LED headlight option is availalble for RWD IS250/IS350.

For 2014 IS350 RWD, the packages are even less. The highest packages are luxury (for non F-Sport) and F-sport Premium. There are no executive packages for RWD version of IS250/IS350.

For the luxury package of IS350 RWD offered by Lexus Canada, I can see it is based on Version L package of Lexus Japan plus a few amenities. It is not a bad package. But what puzzles me is the lack of LED headlights, Mark Levinson in any of RWD packages for a 1st year new model.

Another weird thing is the restriction Lexus Canada put on exterior color. For example, you cannot get a non-F Sport IS in Red or Silver Lining Metallic. However, Toyota Canada 2014 IS release,

http://media.toyota.ca/pr/tci/en/lex...ng-244451.aspx

the information is contradictory. Under the section "Wheels, Colour Schemes and Trim
". it says IS is available in 9 colors and only the Ultra white is exclutive to F Sport..
Old 05-23-13, 05:45 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Actually the LED headlights are restricted to 350 AWD, with non F-Sport executive package. No LED headlight option is availalble for RWD IS250/IS350.

For 2014 IS350 RWD, the packages are even less. The highest packages are luxury (for non F-Sport) and F-sport Premium. There are no executive packages for RWD version of IS250/IS350.

For the luxury package of IS350 RWD offered by Lexus Canada, I can see it is based on Version L package of Lexus Japan plus a few amenities. It is not a bad package. But what puzzles me is the lack of LED headlights, Mark Levinson in any of RWD packages for a 1st year new model.

Another weird thing is the restriction Lexus Canada put on exterior color. For example, you cannot get a non-F Sport IS in Red or Silver Lining Metallic. However, Toyota Canada 2014 IS release,

http://media.toyota.ca/pr/tci/en/lex...ng-244451.aspx

the information is contradictory. Under the section "Wheels, Colour Schemes and Trim
". it says IS is available in 9 colors and only the Ultra white is exclutive to F Sport..

EDIT/CORRECTION: In Canada, it is not possible to get F-Sport in silver lining metallic. Only in non-F Sport.
Old 05-28-13, 08:25 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Lexus, please start giving your customers a little more freedom, freedom to choose. Stop being so restrictive. Please note that we are not asking for options / packages that do not exist. We simply want options that for some unknown reason are only made available to other regions or countries.
Old 05-28-13, 10:50 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I think my Ford Focus has more available options than a 3IS F-Sport... And I just read about the lack of rain-sensing wipers... That's one of my favorite and most useful features on my 2IS. I hate constantly adjusting wiper speed when it rains on vehicles that don't have this.
Old 05-29-13, 05:11 PM
LSIII
Rookie

In regards to US spec models....

I would like to get the F-Sport, but since it is not a must have I'd skip it and go the luxury package route. But I do think it's crazy that there is not a package that is a combo of the F-sport and Luxury package similar to the Sport package on 2006-2010 2IS's. If they did offer such I would totally pony up the extra cash for it. The F-Sport package should be setup as a package that adds on to a base model, a premium package model, or a Luxury package model. Another thing is that I wish the All-Weather Package wasn't restricted to AWD models. I want a heated steering wheel on a RWD!

Last edited by LSIII; 05-29-13 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-29-13, 09:43 PM
LexFather

Thanks everyone for the feedback, keep it coming. We seem to share a lot of the same thoughts/potential issues.

I hope to have thoughts I can relay back to everyone soon.

Mike

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-30-13 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Pm

Old 05-30-13, 08:25 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Yeah if we can get F-sport with USB I'm definitely ordering one.
Old 05-30-13, 04:53 PM
anewname
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will fall out of my chair if Lexus addresses the silliness of the options packages in anything but the most superficial way.

The 2013 GS has the same issues. More than a year later and they are up to the same tricks.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-30-13 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Quoted post
Old 05-30-13, 07:26 PM
QuentinB
Driver

I'm pretty happy with the packages. I have the radar cruise, self parking, LED headlights, etc on my Prius v and it is neat, but the only reason I have it is because my wife demanded the dual pane moonroof ($37k sticker). The fact they offer the F sport without bundling a bunch of other nonsense really makes the new IS a very compelling option. I'll take an IS200t, IS350, or IS300h F sport and no other options, thanks. I've very happy with the Softex in my Prius, so bring it on in the IS. Basically, for very little extra money, I can go from my Prius v to an IS and not a stripped out model. Rock on.