flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Lexus IS Debuts in Japan

[Google Translated]

May 16, 2013

The full model change LEXUS, an IS
- LEXUS sport sedan that was full of "pleasure to run" -

As well as a full model change the IS350, IS250, add a hybrid model IS300h new, LEXUS was released on May 16 through Lexus stores nationwide. In the full model change of this time, New Chapter LEXUS * 1 the keywords of development "embodies the true" driving pleasure "," as a compilation of, further to heights "sporty design" and "comfortable driving" which can be called the DNA of the IS I was allowed to leap to. With the aim of realizing the identity of the LEXUS of "advanced nature", in addition to the balance of comfort and high power performance essential to sport sedan, IS300h is a single to complete the LEXUS hybrid line-up, class-leading * 2 environment (JC08 mode fuel consumption traveling 23.2km / L, CO performance 2 : 100G/km emissions * 3 I have achieved).

IS300h "F SPORT"

New IS, in addition to improved body rigidity by employing the new production technology, 8-Speed ​​SPDS and new rear suspension further * 4 maneuverability, traveling adopting a to subjugate the driver better be I have achieved stability. The sporty version "F SPORT", and dedicated sports sheet using the new method, LEXUS LFA in addition * 5 is adopted, such as movable meter inherit the design and mechanisms of. Was it possible in IS350 "F SPORT" In addition, the use of (LDH) Lexus dynamic handling system that is adopted in GS, to experience the joy of driving ever. Design, exterior that expresses sportiness and dynamism as a starting point design icon of LEXUS the "spindle grille", the interior in consideration for operability, and styling and to foresee the sport of IS unique.

* Generic term for the next generation LEXUS line up with the spindle grill later (released in 2012) 1 GS
comparison with * 2 same displacement class. Toyota Motor Corporation examined
* 3 Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport examination value
* 4 8-Speed ​​SPDS: 8-Speed ​​Sport Direct Shift (8-speed Sports Direct Shift)
500 worldwide limited were sold in 2010: * 5 LEXUS LFA two-seater sports car LEXUS. It is discontinued now

[Sales information]
1. Sales store : Lexus stores nationwide

2. Monthly sales goal number : 800 units

3. Over-the-counter presentation : June 2 (Sat) - May 25 DEBUT SHOW (Sun)

Production plant]
Co., Ltd. Toyota Tahara plant

[MSRP] (.: Yen to see the price of Hokkaido are different)

8-Speed ​​SPDS: 8-Speed ​​Sport Direct Shift (8-speed Sports Direct Shift)
Super intelligent 6-speed automatic: 6 Super ECT
recycling fee is not included in the price * ◎: (optional except) Post Photos

1. A new single IS300h of LEXUS hybrid line-up
· And four-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine 2.5L series, by a combination of high torque motor, it is equipped to achieve both high environmental performance and driving experience of emotional LEXUS unique, with a newly developed hybrid system is placed for FR length
· New generation direct injection technology for low fuel consumption and high output "D-4S * 1 is adopted ", maximum thermal efficiency * 2 It is equipped with the 2AR-FSE engine that achieves 38.5%
· JC08 mode fuel consumption traveling 23.2km / L of class-leading (CO IS300h is 2 emissions: 100g/km) I realize, "2005 year emissions standards 75% lower than the" 20% in fiscal 2015 fuel economy standards " * 3 Achieved ". It has been the subject of tax cuts of "eco-friendly vehicles promote tax"
· To optimize the placement of the hybrid battery, for example, to enable the adoption of 6:4 split retractable seat to the seat after it was conventionally difficult, realized the room, the luggage compartment space of class-leading [hybrid system Main specifications]

Engine Displacement (Cc) 2,493
Maximum output (KW [PS] / rpm) 131 [178] / 6,000
Maximum torque (N · m [kgf · m] / rpm) 221 [22.5] / 4,200 - 4,800
Motor Maximum output (KW [PS]) 105 [143]
Maximum torque (N · m [kgf · m]) 300 [30.6]
The whole system * Maximum output (KW [PS]) 162 [220]
* Output by the engine and motor, it can be exhibited as a system. As measured by TMC

2. The appeal to the senses of the driver, the realization of "functional performance" excellent
· New method can be finer pitch welding spot between from spot welding or conventional "laser screw welding" is bound in terms of body, to suppress the deflection such as "structural adhesive" is actively new technologies to increase the body stiffness by up, I realize maneuverability, driving superior stability
· I adopted a new 8-Speed ​​SPDS The IS350, I balance and smooth acceleration of the multi-stage automatic transmission only, the feeling of direct manipulation in the M position that speed in 0.2 seconds shortest
· The sporty version "F SPORT", NAVI · AI-AVS juggle handling and excellent ride comfort supple electronic control * 4 and, adopting the suspension dedicated tuning. I realize the high driving performance that inherits the taste of the running of "F" with vertices LEXUS LFA
· The IS350 "F SPORT" Lexus dynamic handling system that provides good maneuverability at low speeds and running stability distinguished in the high-speed range, agility of excellence in the mid-speed range and (agility) (LDH) I adopt the
· In addition to the "F SPORT" exclusive interior and exterior design, with dedicated equipment, such as a new sports seats to adopt new methods and movable meter inherit the design and mechanisms of LFA the "skin integral foam", has achieved high hold characteristics
· In order to spread the fun, depending on various scenes preferences and drivers, and run the car at will, "ECO", "NORMAL", "SPORT S * 5 "SPORT S + and" * 6 I adopt the drive mode select the " . The "SPORT S +" mode, in addition to the power train control performed in the "SPORT S" mode, to switch the characteristics of the chassis control

3. Design suitable for LEXUS sport sedan
· Adopted design icon of LEXUS in consideration in aerodynamic and cooling performance and "spindle grille", the clearance lamp which emphasized the L-shaped and made independent from the head lamp unit, front face unique a fearless
· Side view which expressed a dynamic form and light in the locker line can spring up at once to rear end from the rear of the front wheel and press a sharp line
· "Hemming the rear wheel arch * 7 By employing the method "rear view to projecting the tire, and realized Funbari feeling like sport sedan
· The skin color, in addition to the "F SPORT" color only white Nova glass flakes, set all 10 colors, including a Sonic Titanium new color
· By employing the instrument panel horizontal trend, interiors consideration the easiness understanding of vehicle behavior and ensure visibility was achieved sports cockpit can concentrate on driving
· By improving the design sheet and wheel base expansion, the package, which spread in a 85mm conventional ratio rear-seat knee space before, greatly improved comfort

4. High safety and comfort that make full use of advanced technology
· First adopted in the LEXUS (LDA) Lane Departure alerts to warn the driver in the Display and buzzer by detecting the deviation of lane
· quasi-millimeter wave a vehicle traveling on the side after traveling, it is difficult to check the door mirror * 8 that it is detected by radar, to alert the driver, blind spot monitor to support the safe operation of the lane change at the time (BSM) adoption
· The event of an accident of the emergency, all cars equipped with a standard pop-up hood lifting the hood instantly backward, to mitigate the impact to the pedestrian head
· Improved deceleration performance so that it made improvements to the pre-crash braking and pre-crash brake assist, corresponding to the relative velocity range of more than 90% of rear-end accident that actually occurred "Pre-crash Safety System (millimeter-wave radar system) Set "
· Setting the air conditioning temperature for the first time adopted by LEXUS possible electrostatic temperature adjustment switch by feel to match the up-and-down motion of the fingertip
· In cooperation with navigation display, adopt and multi-information display to display the meter information, such as audio and navigation, remote touch that can be manipulated with the mouse sense, to improve convenience

* 1 D-4S: Direct injection 4 stroke gasoline engine Superior version
* 2 Of the heat energy given to the engine operation (the fuel was = used), the ratio of (the fuel which led to travel actual distance =) heat is effectively utilized to produce power. Increasing this ratio leads to improved fuel efficiency
* 3 Low-emission vehicle certification system of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. IS all models achieve a standard
* 4 AVS: Adaptive Variable Suspension System
* 5 The (NAVI · AI-AVS non-equipped vehicles) standard specification, "version L" "SPORT" mode
* 6 Set only (option set to standard "version L" to "F SPORT") NAVI · AI-AVS-equipped vehicles
* 7 Bending or structure is adopted in the outer edge of the sheet metal exterior parts: Hemming (hemming). It is also called heme
* 8 Waves in the range of 20 ~ 30GHz frequency

New Lexus IS Website (Japan)

Source: [TMC]

Last edited by flipside909; 05-16-13 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-15-13, 11:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Notable differences that the USA will not get:

IS 300h (All Models)
Lexus Dynamic Handling w/Rear Steering (F SPORT)
LED Foglamps (F SPORT)
Leather Seating with heated & ventilated seats (F SPORT)
Power Folding Mirrors
NanoE (Air Purifier)
Approaching Vehicle reporting device (Rear Cross Traffic Alert for the front)
LED Fog Lamp Option (Regular IS Models)
Corner View Camera & Monitor
Old 05-16-13, 12:31 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909

IS 300h (All Models)
LED Foglamps (F SPORT)
Power Folding Mirrors
NanoE (Air Purifier)
This one leaps out at me.

If the 3IS came with this in the US, hands down it would be spanking BMW 3 series butt all day. As it is, a non-DRS equipped IS350 F-Sport handles and steers better than the 335i M-Sport. Imagine the carnage it would wreak if it came with DRS.

Last edited by natnut; 05-16-13 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-16-13, 12:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by natnut
This one leaps out at me.

If the 3IS came with this in the US, hands down it would be spanking BMW 3 series butt all day. As it is, a non-DRS equipped IS350 F-Sport handles and steers better than the 335i M-Sport. Imagine the carnage it would wreak if it came with DRS.
Like the GS, the new IS' chassis handles very well without LDH. I honestly think LDH is unnecessary in the GS and IS since both cars can perform well even in base trim.
Old 05-16-13, 03:12 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw tje new is300H debut here on japanese news,, i normal dislike the IS lineup completely from first uear produced until about 15 mins ago today.

That new is300h is insane, i cant wait to go test drive one and then cry when i cant afford it.

Still waiting on the new top dog toyota crown majesta to debut,, seriously hope its better looking than the new LS.
Old 05-16-13, 04:22 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

IS 300h (All Models)
LED Foglamps (F SPORT)
Power Folding Mirrors
NanoE (Air Purifier)
WHAT? REALLY??

I drove the IS350 F Sport with Lexus Dynamic Handling w/Rear Steering (F SPORT) and I LOVE it!!

I am telling you this car is really good in handling!!
Old 05-16-13, 06:07 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

IS 300h (All Models)
LED Foglamps (F SPORT)
Power Folding Mirrors
NanoE (Air Purifier)
To add, on the other hand, IS350 AWD is never sold in Japan (both 2IS and 3IS). I guess it is hard to convince to go for IS350 AWD with 6 speed vs IS350 RWD with 8 speed, unless winter weather condition is really bad.

Another interesting thing is NuLuxe = L- Tex in Japan. L-Tex probably means L-Texile

http://lexus.jp/models/is/specificat...350/index.html
Old 05-16-13, 09:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

are we sure that l-tex is the same? Euro f-sport for instance get some special half leather half textile seats.
Old 05-16-13, 10:30 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
are we sure that l-tex is the same? Euro f-sport for instance get some special half leather half textile seats.
Looks like L-Tex refers to Nuluxe, according to the description of L-Tex.

本革に近い風合いと手触りを追求した合成皮革「L tex(エルテックス)

- Synthetic leather in pursuit of texture and feel closer to genuine leather (Google Translate)

http://bizmakoto.jp/style/articles/1209/27/news121.html
Old 05-23-13, 09:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

IS Japan Launch Party:

IS AMAZING NIGHT:

Old 05-23-13, 11:08 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Great post!

Kitagawa Keiko appeared in the shot (the JPOP actress who acted in the TV commercial of Sony NEX5 and NEX5N years ago) is a nice surprise.

Also the Lexus bicycle... it is in limited production.

And I believe this was the event where the guest was given Lexus shooting glasses as gift.