IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any North American dealerships taking orders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 11:33 AM
jennhle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any North American dealerships taking orders?

I was seriously considering purchase a BMW 3 series, until I came upon photos of the new IS a few days ago - I'm in love with all the photos I've seen. Official press release/video says a June 2013 launch, but a call into Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose says late June to mid July.

Anyone in North America have an update from their local dealership on official launch date or any dealerships taking orders yet?

I definitely want one of these ASAP!
Old 05-12-13, 01:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by jennhle
I was seriously considering purchase a BMW 3 series, until I came upon photos of the new IS a few days ago - I'm in love with all the photos I've seen. Official press release/video says a June 2013 launch, but a call into Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose says late June to mid July.

Anyone in North America have an update from their local dealership on official launch date or any dealerships taking orders yet?

I definitely want one of these ASAP!
Welcome. I work at Lexus of Pleasanton and that is correct, you'll see the first 3IS's in June. Any dealer will take an order/deposit.

Pictures really don't do the car justice, but the drive dynamic mimics the 4GS, and the technology is stellar. That said the cabin materials are a bit more low rent than the 2IS

I honestly suggest test driving and seeing in person first though in about a month
Old 05-16-13, 06:43 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered a '14 350 RWD F-Sport today from my dealer. I was told that the first allotment has actually been delayed until July. My car should be in shortly thereafter. Here is an update on the options available as the order has every option possible put into it.

Individual Options:
18" wheels - Available for all models except with F-Sport Package
Back Up Camera- Available for all models with no navigation
Blind Spot Monitor - Available for all models
All Weather package - Available for AWD models without F-Sport package only
Intuitive Parking Assist - Available for all models without F-Sport Package only
Lane Departure Warning - Only available with Luxury Package
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control - Available for all models
Power Rear Sunshade - Available for all models
Navigation system - Available for all models
Navigation system with Mark Levinson - Available for all models
Premium Package - Available for all models without F-Sport Package
Luxury Package - Available for all models without F-Sport Package. Must order backup camera or navigation.
F-Sport Package - Available for all models
Variable Gear Ratio Steering - Available for 350 RWD with F-Sport Package only
Old 05-16-13, 08:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
I ordered a '14 350 RWD F-Sport today from my dealer. I was told that the first allotment has actually been delayed until July. y
My dealer told me the same thing, pushed to July. I'm still back and forth if I am buying one.
Old 05-16-13, 09:10 PM
Hoovey689

Lexus just informed dealers today that the launch will be pushed until July - Lexus always lagging

Originally Posted by Blueprint
My dealer told me the same thing, pushed to July. I'm still back and forth if I am buying one.
Me too, but this helps me

Old 05-17-13, 03:51 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Also, I did see the April production report for the Eastern Region and most of what is coming in to dealers will be 250 AWD in various configurations followed by 250 RWD and then 350 AWD (very limited). There are no 350 RWD produced for dealer inventories in the region for the first allotment.
I will see if my dealer will give me a copy of all that information containing all combinations and colors and I will post it.
Old 05-17-13, 07:31 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Here is the Eastern Region Production Report. 9506 is the 250 AWD and 9516 is the 350 AWD. BM is blind Spot Monitor, FJ is F-Sport package, NV is navigation. The rest of the codes will be with the other sheets when they are sent to me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus Production.pdf (67.8 KB, 477 views)
Old 05-18-13, 09:35 AM
LexFather

I got a call yesterday that Lexus has told dealers about IS packages and the push back to July. Seems dealers are just as drained about the option package changes so I was asked to give them feedback which I did. Thinking i might start a thread or bump the other thread up so they have a central location for our feedback on the option packages we have been concerned about.

I was at the Audi dealer twice this past week so Lexus needs to get it together.
Old 05-18-13, 03:18 PM
Hoovey689

I got a call yesterday that Lexus has told dealers about IS packages and the push back to July. Seems dealers are just as drained about the option package changes so I was asked to give them feedback which I did. Thinking i might start a thread or bump the other thread up so they have a central location for our feedback on the option packages we have been concerned about.

I was at the Audi dealer twice this past week so Lexus needs to get it together.
Yes, make that thread!! Imma let them have it
Old 05-19-13, 07:22 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Can you please talk to them about IS300h while you are at it? I am going to visit a scooter dealer if they dont bring IS300h here!
Old 05-20-13, 03:45 PM
jennhle
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for everyones insight! Its a bummer that its been pushed back, not surprising though right? I was at the dealership yesterday and they still told me the target was mid-June. Seems like they're mis-informed.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Lexus just informed dealers today that the launch will be pushed until July - Lexus always lagging

Me too, but this helps me

Old 05-20-13, 06:34 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hope you told them about the lack of fogs and leather on the F Sport as well as not being able to get USB (I know I am obsessed but that's what I want so bad)