IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Old 03-31-13, 04:26 PM
tankton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Honestly, you can get power folding mirrors on the ES and RX, while the IS and GS omit those all together. Lexus makes the strangest omissions for their largest market.
Old 04-01-13, 10:41 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dseag2
Not to hijack the thread, but that isn't typical of Audi either. I was on my second Audi and had a '10 S5 Cab that I wanted to trade for an '11 S5 Cab. The GM that I bought the '10 S5 from was always responsive and worked with me throughout the ordering/buying process. The GM who replaced him never responded to my e-mails even when I was already dead set on trading for a new one with the same dealership. I sent an e-mail to the dealership letting them know I just wanted to order a new ($67k) car. No response. I ended up going to another dealership. I think your friend was very fortunate.
I agree but I am not the typical Lexus customer. My dealership obviously recognizes this but corporate is not consistent with me at all.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

looks distinctly like, vinyl.
Have you sat or driven any Lexus with nu-luxe? Its not bad and it is much much better than the obvious pleather in the German competition which is much harder and feels well cheap. Nuluxe is pretty good and the new version should be better. The red dye might make it seem to be a more obvious fake. I just wish I had a choice for red leather.

Originally Posted by tankton
^^ Honestly, you can get power folding mirrors on the ES and RX, while the IS and GS omit those all together. Lexus makes the strangest omissions for their largest market.
Yeah ridiculous. My 3GS has them, our 4GS with the giant "Dumbo" mirrors is manual but its used overseas.
Old 04-02-13, 09:56 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

I hear you on that. I sometimes wonder how these things get decided at Lexus.
Old 04-02-13, 11:25 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Wunko
I hear you on that. I sometimes wonder how these things get decided at Lexus.
Ever seen the Southpark episode of "Margaritaville". Its not just Lexus..... ..we do the same thing sometimes

Old 04-02-13, 01:50 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Ever seen the Southpark episode of "Margaritaville". Its not just Lexus..... ..we do the same thing sometimes

Funny South park part - YouTube
Lol I'm watching that episode on my DVR as I write this
Old 04-02-13, 09:11 PM
LSIII
Rookie

The RX offers power fold mirrors, but I don't see anything on the Lexus site or ES owner's manual saying the ES having power folding mirrors. Although I think it's odd that the ES has a $400 option of power open and close trunk and the GS doesn't offer that. Also the ES has offered a panoramic sunroof on the new and previous body styles, while the GS and even the LS have never been offered with it. All very strange. I've seen things like that with other car brands as well.
Old 04-04-13, 01:55 AM
tankton
Driver School Candidate

I'm wrong. I could of sworn the ES had power folding mirrors as an option. As for the RX, I could somewhat see why, since it's offered on many (non crossover) SUVs and trucks.
Old 04-05-13, 10:22 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint

Funny South park part - YouTube
Oh, that's how they do it.

I remember that episode. Haha.
Old 04-08-13, 05:38 AM
dmclone
Driver School Candidate

An outsiders perspective.....

I currently have a 2008 Infiniti G35x and will be buying something around $50k in the next yeay. I was expecting to buy something used like a S5, IS-F, CTS-V, etc. but am considering waiting to see how the IS, new BMW 3 series, Q50, S4 and CLA AMG turn out.

I'm in my mid 40's and have had a ton of cars, Most of these have been Japanese with a few Europeans in the mix.

If Lexus can bring in the FSport in for around $45k loaded I think it will be a heck of a deal. I think with similar packaging you will be talking about $55k for a 335 with questionable reliability and roughly the same for the S4. I think the Q50 is the real competitor to the IS.

As far as the missing options like USB(ok this is dumb), cooled seats, leatherette, power folding mirrors, etc. If you want a sport reasonably priced car in this class you need to give up some things. Every car in this class is missing some things and things like power folding mirrors are pretty stupid to worry about IMO. Drive a 3 series for a year with run flat tires, multiple HPFP failures, etc and power folding mirrors seems pretty trivial.
Old 04-15-13, 10:25 PM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

for my usb lovers
Attached Thumbnails 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns-image.jpg  
Old 04-15-13, 10:32 PM
WTFD4V1D
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RDUSB
for my usb lovers
Looks great! Do you somehow have a pic of the rear?
Old 04-15-13, 10:50 PM
RDUSB
Driver School Candidate

sorry no i wish found that online think it was Facebook thank you to the original person for posting it online lexus needs to bring usb to the usa and the 300h and keep the IS F four door cause thats what the people want
Old 04-16-13, 05:30 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

SO, so beautiful in USB! I really hope they reconsider their decision not to bring it to the US. Can't believe the signature F sport color for the new IS is that boring and plain white. Those of you concerned should email Lexus, I did and got what I thought was a promising response.
Old 04-17-13, 12:28 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Interestingly, USB is available for the F-Sport IS. I saw this color option when the salesman showed me the Lexus Canada Vehicle Ordering Guide the other day.

However, in Canada, if you look for a fully loaded F-Sport or non-F-Sport model (called Executive package), you have to get the AWD version. This is the same treatment they did for the GS last year. The highest package is only available for AWD version. Normal stuff such as Mark Levinson and LED headlamps are available in AWD IS only.
Old 04-17-13, 12:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

It is not available in US... Only Europe (Japan?) and I guess Canada... so basically, only not available in US :-)

It is F-Sport color, like ultra-white...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns