IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-13, 10:13 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by IS250_6Spd
After reading that the 3IS is not coming in USB I will pass until Lexus brings it back. This was my next choice for the 3IS. I guess i will have to wait a year only...
Yeah, same here. I'll have to see a neb gray in person to compare but I still prefer the USB.

(For ColoISGirl if she hasn't gotten it yet: USB=Ultra Sonic Blue )

I'll wait for another year anyways and see what they'll do for the 2nd year (if anything)

Lexus-take note of all the disappointed people in here.
Old 04-24-13, 04:33 PM
ColoISGirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yeah, same here. I'll have to see a neb gray in person to compare but I still prefer the USB.

(For ColoISGirl if she hasn't gotten it yet: USB=Ultra Sonic Blue )

I'll wait for another year anyways and see what they'll do for the 2nd year (if anything)

Lexus-take note of all the disappointed people in here.
Thanks for the USB 411. I think it must be a guy thing as I really do not care for the color. I guess I need to see it in person.
Old 04-24-13, 06:09 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColoISGirl
Thanks for the USB 411. I think it must be a guy thing as I really do not care for the color. I guess I need to see it in person.
Wouldn't call it a guy thing, I am very much a girl and drive one. I also plan on getting another if Lexus listens to us and offers it in the US market on the 3IS.
Old 04-24-13, 07:58 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i am all for unique colors though, so lets not belittle their ultra-white for F-Sport... thats cool too. Personally I would get that unique white more than USB, as USB is little bit too feminine... but again, I am all for them offering as many unique colors to F-Sport line, i think thats even better... and I also like that in past 3-4 years, Lexus has been getting different colors from Toyota - not sure if anyone noticed, but no more Toyota colors lately, even black is unique to Lexus, with more sparkles, as it should be.
Very good points. I think i'm back into Ultra White w/Red interior. By the time this thing is available i'm going to be bonkers.
Old 04-26-13, 01:06 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And Lexus snubs their biggest market yet again. What the flying duck? Why would they offer USB in Canada and other smaller markets and not the US? I seriously cannot even begin to see the logic in that.
Old 04-26-13, 06:08 AM
LexFather

I want to know the reasoning for offering USB to every major market but America it seems. Maybe if decision makers went to a Lexus meet or two they would see how people love this color option.

Can't believe it, what a slap in the face to us here.
Old 04-26-13, 11:52 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First the fog lights, now awesome color options. Not to mention they offer those awesome interior options like two-tone leather seats and dash in Japan.

It might be a good thing that the ES will start production here in the USA. Maybe it will lead to a construction of a post-production facility where they can finish production and add more customization options to Lexus cars sold in the US.

Meanwhile, Lexus is doing a great job in making us feel like second-rate customers.
Old 04-26-13, 03:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mordecai

Meanwhile, Lexus is doing a great job in making us feel like second-rate customers.
Instead of taking care of their biggest market they don't. You should see the issues I'm having as I continue to knock on Lexus doors.
Old 04-26-13, 08:50 PM
QuentinB
Driver

It is a matter of cost and the way US buyers purchase their cars. US buyers have a "gotta have it now" mentality. Thus, the OEMs have to keep an inventory. When you have to keep an inventory, you order what sells. Roll in the fact that US car prices are effectively the lowest worldwide and you have a recipe for limited options/build configurations to make up for that massive cost difference between countries. They aren't trying to **** you personally; they are trying to keep the price as low as possible to maintain volume and thus profits. It is business... nothing personal. Not to sound like a ****, but if their packaging run off a diehard enthusiast but the lower cost relative to competitors earns 3, they made the right business decision.

The whole industry is moving this direction. Look at the new 3. I remember building 3s online over a decade ago and packages were a rare thing. Now they have a 335i and you choose a trim. After that you can select a few factory options. Everything else is post production.

I've only seen 3 USB 2ISs in person... They were all owned by the same guy and he placed factory orders for them. There are only so many of that guy out there. Almost every time I see a 2IS out and about, it is silver.

I want an IS300h Sportcross F Sport... I also have a $37k Prius, so I realize that I'm not a typical buyer. There probably aren't a lot of guys looking to get out of their hybrid family wagon to a sporty hybrid once their one kid is front facing. It is crazy for me to think that a massive company will cater to my niche. I can share my desires with Lexus, but if they don't make it, well, I'll live and spend my money on what best fits my needs.
Old 04-27-13, 06:46 AM
ColoISGirl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wednesday
Wouldn't call it a guy thing, I am very much a girl and drive one. I also plan on getting another if Lexus listens to us and offers it in the US market on the 3IS.
Wednesday, good point. I am not a blue person so the USB does not do anything for me. Maybe if I liked dark blue.... I hope you get your wish for it in the 3IS.
Old 04-27-13, 07:38 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColoISGirl
Wednesday, good point. I am not a blue person so the USB does not do anything for me. Maybe if I liked dark blue.... I hope you get your wish for it in the 3IS.
Thanks! I hope so too Have you seen one in person? It really is a spectacular color and gets a lot of attention.
Old 04-27-13, 12:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by QuentinB
It is a matter of cost and the way US buyers purchase their cars. US buyers have a "gotta have it now" mentality. Thus, the OEMs have to keep an inventory. When you have to keep an inventory, you order what sells. Roll in the fact that US car prices are effectively the lowest worldwide and you have a recipe for limited options/build configurations to make up for that massive cost difference between countries. They aren't trying to **** you personally; they are trying to keep the price as low as possible to maintain volume and thus profits. It is business... nothing personal. Not to sound like a ****, but if their packaging run off a diehard enthusiast but the lower cost relative to competitors earns 3, they made the right business decision.

The whole industry is moving this direction. Look at the new 3. I remember building 3s online over a decade ago and packages were a rare thing. Now they have a 335i and you choose a trim. After that you can select a few factory options. Everything else is post production.

I've only seen 3 USB 2ISs in person... They were all owned by the same guy and he placed factory orders for them. There are only so many of that guy out there. Almost every time I see a 2IS out and about, it is silver.

I want an IS300h Sportcross F Sport... I also have a $37k Prius, so I realize that I'm not a typical buyer. There probably aren't a lot of guys looking to get out of their hybrid family wagon to a sporty hybrid once their one kid is front facing. It is crazy for me to think that a massive company will cater to my niche. I can share my desires with Lexus, but if they don't make it, well, I'll live and spend my money on what best fits my needs.
As a Lexus owners for nearly 2 decades I am well aware of their business practice sand packaging. We have seen the price of the cars increase and sales increased as well showing people will pay for the product.

Again Lexus should be commended for offering the F-sport cars, something people asked for (instead of stand alone F-sport part options) and sales show they are succeeding. That said Lexus needs to realize its not the 98% that powers a brand's sportier image, something they are desperately trying to change. Its the 2% of hardcore buyers who buy the cars, track the cars, modify the cars, go to meets, go to shows, events and are huge brand ambassadors. Now the person who buys it for the badge.

They are showing a lot of promise with the F-sport program and I fear the choices from USA are hurting the passion shown in Japan in regards to logic as you explained.

This is a huge Lexus issue. Salesman and dealerships would only stock white/silver/black ES/RX cars to sell to the masses no questions asked. There needs to be more effort to sell and showcase the IS/GS/IS F/LFA/hybrids , they simply won't sell themselves compared to an ES/RX.

The Infiniti Q50 seems to offer sport/luxury/tech packages and a sport hybrid here (we don't get the hybrid here). Nissan clearly feels differently (though they have dropped the manual sedan).