Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^^ We'll only excuse you since you have stars on your nail.... LoL

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by wednesday
Love the nails!
Thank you, thank you

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Its ridiculous. I don't want a 45-50k F-sport with no leather. I don't want to be forced not to be offered cooled seats. The fog light delete is ridiculous since the LS/RX/CT have fogs.

I agree its fine, like a Civic is fine. I want leather, I've never had a Lexus with pleather and don't intend to start now. If other people enjoy it, good for them.
No no, I agree, I'm still not happy that I don't at least get a choice of real leather in the F-sport package, especially at the price point it's going to sell at. I'm just saying that after sitting in one, the NuLuxe wasn't so bad that it sways my decision to order the new IS. But I definitely agree with your point.
Old 03-26-13, 10:32 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by wednesday
It really chafes my butt (no pun intended) about the ventilated seats, that was the concession I made to get the F Sport I have now and living in Florida I miss them everyday.... Seeing the European F Sport with them really pisses me off We have so many areas in the US that have extremely hot weather, I just can't see not offering them. While I'm at it, the drivers seat should also have memory function, it's a Lexus! Also agree that the faux leather just don't cut it in a 40k plus car.

I did email Lexus customer support, hoping more ClubLexus members do this.
I have 67,000 posts on Clublexus. I've arguably done more for CL than anyone. I've hosted more meets than anyone. I've owned Lexus cars for 17 years, my family, friends etc etc. I've met hundreds of members, probably more than that at this point. I have bled Lexus through and through.

I can't even get an email back. Let me state that again, I CANNOT GET A RESPONSE IN EMAIL. I get some bloody automated response if I am lucky then ignored.

They are losing me, after 17 years, their biggest fan and its amazing to me I cannot get an email response, a call, a text, anything. I am not the average customer who leases a Lexus, doesn't care for cars and goes away.

If that is how they treat me, they clearly don't give a **** about most of us. Think about it. Which is why we are given bottom feeder choices compared to Europe or Japan.

You want customer service, check this out.

http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-lif...oyal-customer/

That is how you treat your enthusiasts and best customers. That is how you treat your ambassadors. He got an email from the CEO at the time!!! Audi blew me away with that.

Me, I can't get a response like I'm asking for a loaner LS 600h L for an oil change on Friday afternoon. But oh, let me go buy a 2014 IS.....
Old 03-26-13, 10:53 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have 67,000 posts on Clublexus. I've arguably done more for CL than anyone. I've hosted more meets than anyone. I've owned Lexus cars for 17 years, my family, friends etc etc. I've met hundreds of members, probably more than that at this point. I have bled Lexus through and through.

I can't even get an email back. Let me state that again, I CANNOT GET A RESPONSE IN EMAIL. I get some bloody automated response if I am lucky then ignored.

They are losing me, after 17 years, their biggest fan and its amazing to me I cannot get an email response, a call, a text, anything. I am not the average customer who leases a Lexus, doesn't care for cars and goes away.

If that is how they treat me, they clearly don't give a **** about most of us. Think about it. Which is why we are given bottom feeder choices compared to Europe or Japan.

That is how you treat your enthusiasts and best customers. That is how you treat your ambassadors. He got an email from the CEO at the time!!! Audi blew me away with that.

Me, I can't get a response like I'm asking for a loaner LS 600h L for an oil change on Friday afternoon. But oh, let me go buy a 2014 IS.....
Wow, it is a shame I am not a big fan of most of the Audi line. Customer service in general has gone down the tubes but I expect better of Lexus. I said what I had to say to Lexus and they probably will ignore it but maybe it they start getting large quantities of emails from their loyal customers they will wake up, ever the optimist here
Old 03-26-13, 11:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

who did you send an email to?
Old 03-26-13, 11:12 AM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

I have talked to several of the product planning people directly here at their HQ in Torrance...
They know exactly where we stand on things that are missing from the F-Sport model...

I am not going to bother to get into specifics on why it’s happening...

But, unfortunately when they package these builds for the 4 USA regions.. They are not looking at just the enthusiasts..
They are looking at a much MUCH larger audience that aren't even a part of CL.

They do scan these message boards from time to time... And their Social Media outlets too.
But, usually once a decision is made, we rarely see a change made to add things back in..
Like FOG Lamps, Aluminum Footrest Pedal, Leather, Ventilated Seats, USB Paint, same power, etc.. etc.. etc..

Honestly, I have NO plans to jump into a MY14 IS anytime soon... And if they dont make a 4 door Lexus IS-F on this platform..
That futher solidifies my decision to keep my 2008 ISF for a very long time..

~ Joe Z
Are we, the US, the biggest market for Lexus?
If we are, then lexus is stupid to continue to not cater to the US.

Originally Posted by STIG
Lexus has completely dropped the ball with this 3IS business by not bringing the IS300h to NA market. That would have been my perfect daily driver.
I agree.
I don't want a ct or an es-h either.

Damn, since you done so much to promote the lexus brand (for free) and they clearly don't give a rats *** about it, I don't know what else to say.

If they don't give a chit about us lexus enthusiasts, this is where it's going to hurt them.
It's us enthusiasts who continue to promote for them, keep the brand alive, spread and even defend the good words from the bashers and haters.

Up to a point, we're more than happy to tell lexus to "F" off and head off to another brand
Old 03-26-13, 11:26 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
who did you send an email to?
Who DIDN'T I send it too or told. I've been quiet here, only a handful of people know but everyone has a breaking point and I''m near mine. I'm going to try Mr. Toyoda at this point, I'm serious. Maybe as an enthusiast he understands. Otherwise I will write my thread in car chat which will get 100.000 views and likely go viral.

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Are we, the US, the biggest market for Lexus?
If we are, then lexus is stupid to continue to not cater to the US.

I agree.
I don't want a ct or an es-h either.

Damn, since you done so much to promote the lexus brand (for free) and they clearly don't give a rats *** about it, I don't know what else to say.

If they don't give a chit about us lexus enthusiasts, this is where it's going to hurt them.
It's us enthusiasts who continue to promote for them, keep the brand alive, spread and even defend the good words from the bashers and haters.

Up to a point, we're more than happy to tell lexus to "F" off and head off to another brand
Thanks I appreciate it. I'll shut up for now and hopefully good news happens as I am a firm believer good things happen to good people. And I'm good

Or there will be a mass text/email sent out soon to go read my thread in car chat
Old 03-26-13, 11:34 AM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Who DIDN'T I send it too or told. I've been quiet here, only a handful of people know but everyone has a breaking point and I''m near mine. I'm going to try Mr. Toyoda at this point, I'm serious. Maybe as an enthusiast he understands. Otherwise I will write my thread in car chat which will get 100.000 views and likely go viral.

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll shut up for now and hopefully good news happens as I am a firm believer good things happen to good people. And I'm good
No, THANK YOU for being vocal to them and representing for us enthusiasts.

Or there will be a mass text/email sent out soon to go read my thread in car chat
Please do

I think we should split the b3tching and voicings in a NEW thread and this one strictly for the reviews.

That way more people can voice their dissatisfaction join in on the crusade

Plus it's easier for the lexus to spot and scan a new thread than to get lost in here.
Old 03-26-13, 11:36 AM
LexFather

^^^ Thanks..will do... as you stated, back on the 3IS .......
Old 03-26-13, 12:52 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Lexus not returning emails or contacting you. That is very unlike them. That Audi story is amazing and I hope to see Lexus go back to their astonishing customer service like that in the near future.
Sorry to get off track
Old 03-26-13, 01:43 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Only nuluxe for f sport? Explains why there is no ventilated seats
Yet all the other markets get all the choices and America, their bread and butter and biggest market, gets the least choices.

Seriously WTF?
lexus knows their target customers and customers most likely to buy. they obviously believe the target tends to split in the u.s. either luxury or sport. the same can be seen with the gs and the ls.

NuLuxe is good, really good but this would be my first car in 17 years without leather and I don't exactly see our house with fake leather sofas either... and 10 way power seats won't get it done anymore.... then no ventilated seats either? I just don't understand it.

So I guess Lexus will understand why my interest is pretty much gone. I'm sure it will sell but I don't think this is for me.
don't think you've owned an IS. always less luxurious than other models. perhaps you're spoiled by all the gs love.

Its ridiculous. I don't want a 45-50k F-sport with no leather. I don't want to be forced not to be offered cooled seats. The fog light delete is ridiculous since the LS/RX/CT have fogs.
as you know, gs f-sport doesn't (in u.s.).

I agree its fine, like a Civic is fine. I want leather, I've never had a Lexus with pleather and don't intend to start now. If other people enjoy it, good for them.
a civic with leather is 23k

We are the IDEAL Lexus customer
don't know about that. you are without question an 'enthusiast' and that's not what lexus is very serious about. l-tuned, trd bits, half-hearted f-sport trim levels...

Lexus might be happy with sales increases and F-sport sales but there will be TREMENDOUS irony if F-sport goes to people who want to "seem" like an enthusiast and their real loyal enthusiasts jump ship.
there's likely more of those who 'seem' like enthusiasts, than 'real' enthusiasts. i don't think lexus particularly cares who buys the vehicles!

Lexus has completely dropped the ball with this 3IS business by not bringing the IS300h to NA market. That would have been my perfect daily driver.
ah yes, i knew there was one hybrid not coming here!

But if we got it, it would offered in black and silver with bamboo and one option package and no ML with a target market of a guy named Bob in Kansas
fixed.

If that is how they treat me, they clearly don't give a **** about most of us. Think about it.
rather a grand extrapolation, but possibly true.

Which is why we are given bottom feeder choices compared to Europe or Japan.
perhaps they do know what they're doing, but it just doesn't fit with what you wish they were doing.
Old 03-26-13, 01:48 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IS 300h would have been amazing. i don't want an ES or CT hybrid. But if we got it, it would offered in black and silver with bamboo and one option package and no ML
Funny thing is that I recently bought a ct200h after finding out that we are not getting IS300h. Cute little car but just doesn't do much for me. May be lexus is trying to sucker in people like me. It has been many years that my family or myself average brand new lexus every year. They are starting to **** me off.
Old 03-26-13, 01:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Sorry to hear about your experiences with Lexus not returning emails or contacting you. That is very unlike them. That Audi story is amazing and I hope to see Lexus go back to their astonishing customer service like that in the near future.
Sorry to get off track
Thanks I appreciate it. Oh I got stories for days. The Audi story shows a true understanding of pleasing their best and most loyal customers. Just the email itself from the CEO is amazing, I can't get a reply from the entry level rep let alone the other people I've tried contacting.

Hell I'd rather them tell me "F off" than just say "we are looking at it" and nothing happens, not even a call? Not one call?

Funny thing is that I recently bought a ct200h after finding out that we are not getting IS300h. Cute little car but just doesn't do much for me. May be lexus is trying to sucker in people like me. It has been many years that my family or myself average brand new lexus every year. They are starting to **** me off.
I like the CT, it does its job well and succeeded in the marketplace. I can't fit wheels on it and now that the ES makes 40 MPG the CT 40 MPG rating with 60 less hp has my head scratching.

There seems to be a lot of unhappy people making keeping things to themselves and if I'm the catalyst for change so be it. I think I've dedicated enough of my life to Lexus promotion and I can't get a t-shirt let alone an email response. My entire family is ready to dump their Lexus vehicles.
Old 03-26-13, 02:02 PM
LexFather

Sorry for thread hi-jack, last time lets keep on 3IS.... Thanks everyone.
Old 03-26-13, 02:20 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can see that lexus treats their custumers from different parts of the world completly different.
Have you tried to send an email to someone in lexus outside the US? Japan for instance.
I'm sure that this is not how Lexus want fangroups or loyal custumers to see them. The japanse group of lexus cares a lot about what custumers and people think of them.

When that is said, Lexus europe has a completly different attitude towards custumers.
I've already ordered a new Is300h. But I was not satisfied with the grades and packages avalible from lexus europe, and told my dealership I would only order the car if I could get the equipment I wanted with the car. They actually made a request to lexus europe and made them put together a package with the equipment I wanted, and now offers this package as a official package avalible for all custumers.
In europe most japanse car makers only offer packages with equipment for the cars, and you can rarly choose any extra equipment. Just pick packages that the importbrand has put together. For instance, when I bought a blue impreza a few years ago, I had to choose leather interior to get the car in blue. Any other color, and normal interior was ok. But Since I wanted the blue color I had to take the leather option and pay 5000$ extra for this.
To actually let a custumer get his choise and put together a uniqe package of equipment is very good custumer service. No other japanese car manufacturer in the europe marked would do this.
A bit strange tho, that european manufactures such as bmw, audi etc lets you build your car exactly how you want it. While japanese manufactures just gives you a few choises of grades you have to chose from.

With regards to the IS300h not beeing offered in the US, I find it a bit strange. But maybe lexus has plans for a IS450h in the US market?
Europe does not get the 350awd, due to emisson rules and taxes and expected sales because of high prices.
A bit of a shame, since espasially scandinavia could use an awd version.

(sorry for the poorly written english, it is not my naitive language)
Old 03-26-13, 02:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magne
I can see that lexus treats their custumers from different parts of the world completly different.
Have you tried to send an email to someone in lexus outside the US? Japan for instance.
I'm sure that this is not how Lexus want fangroups or loyal custumers to see them. The japanse group of lexus cares a lot about what custumers and people think of them.

When that is said, Lexus europe has a completly different attitude towards custumers.
I've already ordered a new Is300h. But I was not satisfied with the grades and packages avalible from lexus europe, and told my dealership I would only order the car if I could get the equipment I wanted with the car. They actually made a request to lexus europe and made them put together a package with the equipment I wanted, and now offers this package as a official package avalible for all custumers.
In europe most japanse car makers only offer packages with equipment for the cars, and you can rarly choose any extra equipment. Just pick packages that the importbrand has put together. For instance, when I bought a blue impreza a few years ago, I had to choose leather interior to get the car in blue. Any other color, and normal interior was ok. But Since I wanted the blue color I had to take the leather option and pay 5000$ extra for this.
To actually let a custumer get his choise and put together a uniqe package of equipment is very good custumer service. No other japanese car manufacturer in the europe marked would do this.
A bit strange tho, that european manufactures such as bmw, audi etc lets you build your car exactly how you want it. While japanese manufactures just gives you a few choises of grades you have to chose from.

With regards to the IS300h not beeing offered in the US, I find it a bit strange. But maybe lexus has plans for a IS450h in the US market?
Europe does not get the 350awd, due to emisson rules and taxes and expected sales because of high prices.
A bit of a shame, since espasially scandinavia could use an awd version.

(sorry for the poorly written english, it is not my naitive language)
Hi and welcome, nice choice on the 300h and sounds like they are much more respective and quick to move than here.

Its funny b/c for years we have boasted how Lexus offers Leather and now here we are getting a pleather option only on F-sport. I guess we all got to go back and edit our posts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 IS F Sport Packaging (US Spec) -> Opinions and Concerns