IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 06:28 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Akatsuki
does anyone know if the new IS have the same keyfob as the new GS? post pics if you have them
I would think the new IS has the keyfob which is similar to GS because the new ES has the same one. I found it out the other day from the ES loaner car.
Old 05-06-13, 06:48 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know if the new IS have the same keyfob as the new GS? post pics if you have them
Wondering the same....any pics?
Old 05-06-13, 01:26 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Thanks Joe-Z for my new desktop pictures!
Old 05-06-13, 02:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

This is very very good drive review....
Old 05-06-13, 03:01 PM
LexFather

he's a big guy, glad to hear another person love the seats....though they are not leather as he stated.... thanks for sharing the review...
Old 05-07-13, 10:56 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
he's a big guy, glad to hear another person love the seats....though they are not leather as he stated.... thanks for sharing the review...
its good to hear review from someone who simply likes driving cars, instead of reading PR sheet or goes by pre-conceptions...

For me best part is that it is still comfy car despite being F-Sport... I doubt 2013 IS F-Sport was considered comfy .-)
Old 05-07-13, 04:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
its good to hear review from someone who simply likes driving cars, instead of reading PR sheet or goes by pre-conceptions...

For me best part is that it is still comfy car despite being F-Sport... I doubt 2013 IS F-Sport was considered comfy .-)
Meh kinda cramped for some but then so is the non-Fsport. + 2IS F-Sport is really more about looks than actual performance bits. No hp gains, no bigger brakes etc..
Old 05-07-13, 04:47 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Meh kinda cramped for some but then so is the non-Fsport. + 2IS F-Sport is really more about looks than actual performance bits. No hp gains, no bigger brakes etc..
meant more things like harsh suspension and bump absorption... my 2IS is at upper limit of what I would accept as daily driver as it is.
Old 05-07-13, 06:07 PM
LexFather

Well I just checked out an Audi S4 and that thing has always been super cramped to me. I find the previous IS had more front room. Both have no rear room. The 3IS should be better than both but still quite snug as they all are in this class.
Old 05-08-13, 07:48 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Detroit

Lexus takes a big step toward shedding its image for bland styling with the IS that it previewed Tuesday for journalists and industry analysts at Michigan International Speedway.

“The target from the start was to make the new IS the most ‘fun to drive’ vehicle in its class,” said Owen Peacock, Lexus national marketing manager.

Lexus has never fallen short on quality or interior comfort, but it needed to step up its game to compete in a growing entry-level luxury car segment.

“The Lexus IS was always intended to compete with the BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, but it wasn’t really known for performance,” said Dave Sullivan, an analyst with AutoPacific. “This is probably 1 of the most overlooked cars in the Lexus brand.”

The redesigned 2014 Lexus IS will arrive in dealerships in a couple months with a more aggressive look and more pep in its powertrain step. Japan’s No. 1 luxury brand is trying to regain leadership in the luxury market, now dominated by BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

“This IS gives us a strong foothold in the fastest growing segment in luxury,” Peacock said.

Showcasing an updated treatment of the signature Lexus spindle grille, the new IS shows off a more sculpted body and a slightly larger interior featuring the best materials and easy-to-use controls.

Sullivan said the grille differentiates this model from its German competitors.

Beneath the hood, there are 2 choices: the IS 250 with a 2.5-liter V6 that delivers 206 horsepower. The IS 350 is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 capable of 306 horsepower.

Sales of entry-level luxury cars are up 9.6% through the 1st 4 months of this year, better than the overall industry’s 6.5% increase.

“Luxury manufacturers have had to pay special attention to their latest redesigns since the market has grown far more competitive in recent years,” said Alec Gutierrez, analyst for Kelley Blue Book.

Gutierrez said a recovering real estate market and a wave of customers reaching the end of leases have helped to boost luxury sales.

Peacock said the average age of the current Lexus IS owners is 45, slightly lower than the average age for the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class or BMW 3-Series.

“Reaching a younger consumer with traditional marketing can be challenging,” Peacock said. “They are busy professionals with very active lives.”

Mercedes-Benz announced during last February’s Super Bowl that it will sell the new CLA compact sedan for a base price of less than $30,000 when it goes on sale in September.

Lexus said Tuesday it will raise the base price the Lexus IS 250 by $885 to $35,065, but will lower the Lexus IS 350 starting price by $835 to $39,950.

Lexus has added features valued at more than $1,400 as standard equipment that was optional on the outgoing model.

Sullivan said the Lexus IS is likely to face increasing pricing pressure from competitors and remains exposed to the rising value of the Japanese yen.

Most Lexus models, including the IS are made in Japan, but last month Toyota President Akio Toyoda announced the company will begin building the Lexus ES sedan in Georgetown, Ky., beginning in 2015.
Old 05-08-13, 01:34 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-09-13, 05:22 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 05-09-13, 08:18 PM
LexFather

What a weird car to me, sometimes that front end seems so dynamic and out of this world and sometimes I just don't like it.

Hey Lexus, can I sees one
Old 05-12-13, 10:12 AM
Machog
Driver

Default No More IS250/350 Convertible?

Sitting in the Alaska Board room waiting for a flight home, picked up Automobile Mag, doing a very positive review of the new IS.

One brief sentence caught my eye, there will be no more IS convertibles. Maybe they mean of the current style?

"The F Sport stands atop a revised lineup that improves in every way except for carryover engines. As before, there are the IS250 and IS350, but each is now available with all-wheel drive and in F Sport trim. The IS F and IS C are no longer offered."

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...#ixzz2T6Eqiisa
I know vert's are typically introduced a year later, can I still look forward to replacing my current IS250C with a new one in a few years or is that it?

Machog

Last edited by Machog; 05-12-13 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-12-13, 10:17 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes it is the same piece of crap cheap fob used on the GS and ES. They'd have been better off sticking with the old one which is much nicer and the key shank is ridiculously flimsy now. On a side note the LS fob became nicer but it is flipping huge now

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press