IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press

Old 03-28-13, 12:36 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LexusNN
wow!! I have never wanted or considered owning a black car....but that would change my mind. That looks beast
I say Black & Nebula....

Originally Posted by Joe Z
YES..!! It just screams.. Look at me...!!!!

Full Wallpaper sizes...

~ Joe Z
Old 03-28-13, 01:54 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I said I would never buy another black car, but that looks sick.
Old 03-28-13, 02:51 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Damn, I said I would never buy another black car, but that looks sick.
Looks amazing in black... omg.....

(going to have to delete posts)
Old 03-28-13, 03:41 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Ok I said I was getting disappointed with the cuts and colors buuut.....seeing those pics and reviews just gets me back all excited
Old 03-28-13, 03:55 PM
pianospike
Rookie

Not only does the new IS elicit polarized responses from different people, it also appears to turn individuals somewhat bipolar!
Old 03-28-13, 05:41 PM
Hyrepower
Driver School Candidate

I said to myself I would never again own a black car again because they require constant attention and labor to keep looking good. I told myself never unless it was a high end sports car that only got driven weekends.

However that new IS in black looks ****ing great!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-13, 06:35 PM
gdinero
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone know what tires the IS 350 F sport was being run on for the Texas press event? And then my second question would be are they going to be the same tires as what's used for the public sale later this year?

If they were using the same Bridgestone Turanza all-season tires pictured in the high res pics above and used in Road&Track's first drive from January, then the press driving impressions posted here seem pretty impressive. I believe that Autoblog's drive was on Turanza's based on the photos they posted.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/25/2...-drive-review/

But the product info that Joe Z posted show that 17" All Seasons or 18" Summer Tires (RWD) will be available, with Autoweek reporting that the 18" will be standard on F Sport's come fall. I don't know why Lexus sticks with Bridgestone for summer tires, for the price range they sell the cars at, there are better brands out there in my opinion.

the tire technology seems to improved vastly in the past few years, so much so that the difference between two sets could change one's opinion about a car's ability to grip and handle.

Last edited by gdinero; 03-28-13 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-28-13, 08:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

S001......
Old 03-28-13, 09:02 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Obsidian black...so hard to keep clean
Old 03-28-13, 09:19 PM
gdinero
Rookie

Originally Posted by aw04lfan
Obsidian black...so hard to keep clean
my 2007 is that color and i completely agree. but when it is clean, it's mint. i'm pretty busy at work and rarely have time to take my car in for a wash... but i did so recently, and 3 different co-workers asked me if got a (brand) new car lol.
Old 03-29-13, 09:15 AM
lianregnif
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gdinero
my 2007 is that color and i completely agree. but when it is clean, it's mint. i'm pretty busy at work and rarely have time to take my car in for a wash... but i did so recently, and 3 different co-workers asked me if got a (brand) new car lol.
Long time lurker, potential new lexus customer. How has your lexus paint held up from all of these years? I'd imagine it's impossible to keep it swirl mark free.
Old 03-29-13, 09:29 AM
gdinero
Rookie

Originally Posted by lianregnif
Long time lurker, potential new lexus customer. How has your lexus paint held up from all of these years? I'd imagine it's impossible to keep it swirl mark free.
the paint has held up relatively well, but it's still 6 years old. i can definitely tell the new lexus cars paint from mine. in terms of swirl... i've had zero issues while washing it myself or at the dealership. one particular auto shop washed my car without informing me that they intended to do it first, and they used an automatic wash, and now i have some swirls that bug me including some that i'm not sure i can get out with a relatively quick polish. but if you can avoid that, you'll be fine.

i also installed a clear bra on the front bumper and hood and mirrors and front fenders which did wonders at keeping the underlying paint look mint for years... the downside is that after 18 months, the clear bra itself started to show wear... so while it was on, the front of the car did not look mint. but when the car turned 5 years old last year, i took off the clear bra, and the paint underneath was in amazing condition. i used a 3M product, was $800 installed via 3rd party that the dealer uses for these things.
Old 03-29-13, 09:34 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lianregnif
I just sold my 2007 IS350, obsidian black, and even after spending an entire weekend with my PC 7424 and polishing the thing, it still had micro-swirls.

It looked great from 10' away, but any closer in direct light and it was swirl city. I still had people ask me when I got the new car, though.
Old 03-29-13, 12:29 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Some of these videos say the 8 speed auto is only on the IS350 F Sport and the 6 speed auto is on the IS350 (non f sport) I thought the 8 speed was on both the 350 and the 350 f sport. Can someone clarify?
Old 03-29-13, 01:11 PM
D&G
Pole Position

The front is starting to grow on me but the rear tail lights really need to go. The back sort of resemble the Acura TSX.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press