IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 06:12 AM
gbert15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i am sure they were charged, does the sun rise?
Whats up with the sarcastic comments? I mean ok...sure thanks for answering my question, but a simple yes or no should suffice!
Old 03-18-13, 07:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gbert15
Whats up with the sarcastic comments? I mean ok...sure thanks for answering my question, but a simple yes or no should suffice!
Lets no go too much off topic...

But in a nutshell.. The few I have seen swap from MY13 GS Luxury Bumper to F-Sport Bumper were also accident related... So I am sure you can figure out what the insurance covered..
The bumpers & grills mostly have the same "cost"..

There are also a few who have swapped out to the F-Sport bumper for just cosmetic reasons..
YES, all of these GS owners in this scenario paid out of pocket..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-18-13 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-18-13, 07:33 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Now back on topic...

From "The Lexus Enthusiast"

2014 Lexus IS250 in "Matador Red Mica"

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Old 03-18-13, 07:46 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the pictures! We need Video JOEZ...Can't enjoy without video!
Old 03-18-13, 07:50 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

even those wheels look good in that pic...
Old 03-18-13, 07:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb First Look....

Headlamp Housing detail differences....

I also noticed a distinct "color finish" in several different headlamp housings...!!!

First one up... US Spec
  • These "LED Projector Headlamps" have all been shown with a blacked out chrome / paint on the inner parts of the housing..

2nd one... US Spec
  • These Single Projector "HID Headlamp" housings are being shown with more chrome on the inner parts of the housing... (Less or no black)

3rd one.. JDM Spec
  • Same "LED Projector Headlamps" with a blacked out chrome / paint on the inner parts of the housing..
    However, orange side reflector has been made "CLEAR"

2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press-uzhbibu.jpg

Just some side by side comparisons for you to all see...

~ Joe Z
Old 03-18-13, 07:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Yep, we have at least 3 members in the 4GS section who've done the conversion.
Originally Posted by Blueprint
This was figured by Lexus enthusiasts a month after the car debuted. Its easy, plug and play. My dealer just did it for a customer, they called me to walk them through it.
thanks for the 'feedback'. i was asking about f-sport to non f-sport front conversion (as was originally discussed here). looks like all those gs conversions are the other way. anyway, sure it can be done... just money and time. oh and patience.
Old 03-18-13, 08:09 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
thanks for the 'feedback'. i was asking about f-sport to non f-sport front conversion (as was originally discussed here). looks like all those gs conversions are the other way. anyway, sure it can be done... just money and time. oh and patience.
obviously if you can transfer f-sport to non f-sport then you can do other way around :-).

but of course, unless you are "lucky" enough to get bumper scratched enough to be replaced while not having been in real accident, you will have to pay for the change, probably not that cheap at all... plus with luxury, personally I dont like the wheels either. Then again, a lot of people probably ditch stock wheels in any case.
Old 03-18-13, 08:39 AM
gbert15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Lets no go too much off topic...

But in a nutshell.. The few I have seen swap from MY13 GS Luxury Bumper to F-Sport Bumper were also accident related... So I am sure you can figure out what the insurance covered..
The bumpers & grills mostly have the same "cost"..

There are also a few who have swapped out to the F-Sport bumper for just cosmetic reasons..
YES, all of these GS owners in this scenario paid out of pocket..

~ Joe Z
Thanks for the info bro! Sorry, didnt mean to go off topic! Much appreciated! :-)
Old 03-19-13, 03:27 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Pearl white has always been my favourite colour but that Nebula pearl grey is just too siccck
Old 03-21-13, 10:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

More review.....

http://m.hypebeast.com/2013/3/time-w...-is?_locale=en

Time Well Spent with the New 2014 Lexus IS

The 2014 Lexus IS isn’t scheduled to hit showrooms until June, but we were recently presented with the opportunity to test drive the bold new sport sedan at SXSW. With a distinctive redesign, the third generation of Lexus‘s IS series features aggressive aesthetic updates — an oversized spindle grille, L-shaped LED daytime running lights and separate headlight housings to go with tail lights that stretch out to the car’s rear quarter panels. Under the hood, drivers will find either a 2.5-liter V-6 engine for the IS250, or a 3.5-liter V-6 for the IS350, with each producing 204 and 306 horsepower respectively. Other improvements of note include increased body rigidity, improved ride comfort, and a wheelbase increase of nearly three inches, all of which should make the 2014 IS franchise a hit with sport sedan enthusiasts. Behind the wheel, an ergonomic, double-tiered dash, silver metallic trim analog clock and luxurious, soft-touch finishes are among the features in a surprisingly spacious cockpit inspired by the Lexus LFA supercar. Click through the images above for a closer look at the IS350 F-Sport — along with glimpses of Lexus’s ‘drive meister’ Yoshiako Ito in action under the Texan sun — and stay tuned for the third-generation Lexus IS to become available later this year.
Old 03-21-13, 10:57 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rominl
More review.....

Time Well Spent with the New 2014 Lexus IS

The 2014 Lexus IS isn’t scheduled to hit showrooms until June, but we were recently presented with the opportunity to test drive the bold new sport sedan at SXSW. With a distinctive redesign, the third generation of Lexus‘s IS series features aggressive aesthetic updates — an oversized spindle grille, L-shaped LED daytime running lights and separate headlight housings to go with tail lights that stretch out to the car’s rear quarter panels. Under the hood, drivers will find either a 2.5-liter V-6 engine for the IS250, or a 3.5-liter V-6 for the IS350, with each producing 204 and 306 horsepower respectively. Other improvements of note include increased body rigidity, improved ride comfort, and a wheelbase increase of nearly three inches, all of which should make the 2014 IS franchise a hit with sport sedan enthusiasts. Behind the wheel, an ergonomic, double-tiered dash, silver metallic trim analog clock and luxurious, soft-touch finishes are among the features in a surprisingly spacious cockpit inspired by the Lexus LFA supercar. Click through the images above for a closer look at the IS350 F-Sport — along with glimpses of Lexus’s ‘drive meister’ Yoshiako Ito in action under the Texan sun — and stay tuned for the third-generation Lexus IS to become available later this year.
Awesome, here are the 19 original Full Size pics from that review...

Author: Jonathan Poh / Photographer: Brandon Shigeta

Enjoy,

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-21-13 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-21-13, 12:27 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

ok that silver F Sport looks really good
Old 03-21-13, 04:20 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

2014 Lexus IS250 Images: Deep in the Heart of Texas

by John Lamm | Photography by John Lamm

Deep in the heart of Texas, automotive writers from around the world are getting their first shots at driving the third-generation Lexus IS. We’ve had time with the IS350, the IS350 F Sport, and the IS250, but mum’s the word. We can’t share our impressions or concerns with you for another 10 days or so—although we have driven a prototype IS—but that doesn’t mean we can’t give you at least a visual preview. To step back a bit—to the Detroit auto show, perhaps—here’s what we’ve known about the new IS thus far. Visually, the exterior design is evolutionary, the IS shape we know has been honed to a finer cut. Its lines are sharper, and it now features a full incorporation of the brand’s signature spindle grille. The beltline has been raised, while below it another line sweeps up from the sill to the taillights. Those rear lights, which formerly swept up, now angle downward.

A pair of V-6s—a 204-hp 2.5-liter or a 306-hp 3.5—carry over, but the IS300h hybrid won’t make it to American dealers. The manual transmission is done away with, as the six-speed automatic is standard in every version but the rear-drive IS350, which now has the eight-speed auto. A Drive Mode Select **** offers a choice of several levels of throttle response, transmission settings, and chassis characteristics. If that’s not enough, there are F Sport versions of both the IS250 and IS350 with sportier suspension and steering tuning, LFA-inspired 18-inch aluminum wheels, and a unique instrument cluster.

The new IS’s steering wheel, dash, and center console all are influenced by the LFA. As well And as is becoming more common in the luxury league, the climate controls are touch sensitive. On the assist list are lane departure, blind spot, and—when in reverse—rear cross-traffic warnings.

If the new IS is on your wish list, hold your horses, because they won’t be in dealerships until the middle of the year, and while prices won’t be announced for some time, we’re guessing they won’t be far off today’s stickers. As far as the availability or existence of a new IS F or another convertible IS C no news is, well, no news. The pair will continue as they are for the time being and their future is little more than a guess at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 03-21-13 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-21-13, 06:49 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Joe Z you are torturing CL members.... No Video! Wells something better than nothing! HAHA... Last pic engine cover is IS250.. The brake looks bigger on the 250.

Last edited by EthanV; 03-21-13 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS Test Drive Reviews...!!! Photos & Videos from Media and Press