IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS - Instrument Panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-13, 03:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
Well, I had the chance to play with it when I checked out the 300h. It's cool for few minutes then I start to notice the resolution of the LCD could have been better and then I thought the ring could move a bit faster and without the motorized notice. Also you see the info on the normal cluster better and quicker cause everything is logical placed. I just think the normal cluster works better in the long run. You don't get tired of it and less things to break.

Also I think those cool stuffs could be backuped with a more powerful engine (we dont get 350 in europe )instead of a 4 cylinder hybrid car with CVT gearbox. What's the point with the rev counter in a hybrid? I drove ct200h many times and never get it. I think it's better suited in IS-F and LFA.
well, i look at the regular IS screen and it looks like something that could have been done 15 years ago, and in a KIA, but to each their own, thats why options exists :-)

I dont know about ... Sweden? But I doubt many would buy IS350 anyway in Europe... a lot of CO2 bad for taxes, large V6 bad for fuel consumption. I loved my 3GS that I imported from USA, but fuel consumption in the city was 8l more than my IS220d.

IS300h should be awesome, i cant wait for it.
Old 03-12-13, 05:47 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the 300h gauge cluster better than the f-sport too. It's unfortunate about the nav screen though. Looks like they wasted a good 2.5" of what could have been screen real estate.
Old 03-13-13, 02:04 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
well, i look at the regular IS screen and it looks like something that could have been done 15 years ago, and in a KIA, but to each their own, thats why options exists :-)

I dont know about ... Sweden? But I doubt many would buy IS350 anyway in Europe... a lot of CO2 bad for taxes, large V6 bad for fuel consumption. I loved my 3GS that I imported from USA, but fuel consumption in the city was 8l more than my IS220d.

IS300h should be awesome, i cant wait for it.
I think the new one looks really clean and balanced. But I understand there are people that prefer the F-sport cluster. It would be great if you can choose the style of the cluster when you order the car.

I agree that the 300h will be the best seller of the IS. But still it would be great if we have 350 so the buyer can choose between saving fuel and the performance. Just look at the BMW and Audi, their best seller is 320d and 2.0 TDI. But still I see plenty of 335i/d and 3.0TSFI/TDI on the road. Also, why don't we get AWD? What is the reason behind that decision?

Last edited by UpSideDown; 03-13-13 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-13-13, 05:08 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
I think the new one looks really clean and balanced. But I understand there are people that prefer the F-sport cluster. It would be great if you can choose the style of the cluster when you order the car.

I agree that the 300h will be the best seller of the IS. But still it would be great if we have 350 so the buyer can choose between saving fuel and the performance. Just look at the BMW and Audi, their best seller is 320d and 2.0 TDI. But still I see plenty of 335i/d and 3.0TSFI/TDI on the road. Also, why don't we get AWD? What is the reason behind that decision?
maybe 3.0 TDI and 330d but 335i? Barely seen anymore as fuel shot up in past 3-4 years. At least down here in South-Eastern Europe.

I think Lexus might offer it for Russian market though as they dont seem to care about diesels too much there.