IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Feedback from folks who have SEEN the 3IS in person...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 04:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts
Default Feedback from folks who have SEEN the 3IS in person...

I thought it would be interesting to see the feedback of people who have actually seen the 3IS in person...

Just saw it today at the DC Auto Show. They have a Nebula base model with a grey interior up on the turntable. Could not sit in it, but of course the doors and all were open.

Car is MUCH more attractive in person, wow. Even the spit headlights look natural and attractive in person. Car is very well proportioned, rear taillamps look great and not awkward like they do in pictures.

From what I could see if the interior it looked great, nice quality materials, etc.

Really might be Lexus' best looking sedan, I gotta say.

How about the rest of you that have seen the car?
Old 02-01-13, 07:00 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm concerned about the center stack. Looks a bit funky and cheap in the pictures I've seen. Are you saying the center stack looks good in person? I sure hope so. :-)
Old 02-01-13, 07:02 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I saw it at the Houston Auto Show. Couldnt see the interior but the exterior looks a lot better in person. Its probably the same one I saw. Was it the IS250 non F Sport? The one here was the same color
Old 02-01-13, 07:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, nebula IS250 non F-Sport. Bet its the same car.

The doors were open, so I could see the inside from a distance of about 10 feet, it looked great.

Can't get over how much more I like it in person. I've always said I would never buy an IS, but I'd buy and drive that car. Much more unique than a boring 3 Series or C Class.
Old 02-02-13, 12:40 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

sounds good, i expect it to be like that too.
Old 02-02-13, 09:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Yep, nebula IS250 non F-Sport. Bet its the same car.

The doors were open, so I could see the inside from a distance of about 10 feet, it looked great.

Can't get over how much more I like it in person. I've always said I would never buy an IS, but I'd buy and drive that car. Much more unique than a boring 3 Series or C Class.
it was a light gray interior too right, yea its probably the same car.
Old 02-02-13, 09:37 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Relevant:

Old 02-02-13, 10:55 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Wow how do they get it so glossy? I think this color best shows off the design lines of the car. I wonder if this gray interior will still have that 2 tone color scheme?

It will be interesting to read people's views who have seen the car firsthand. I think with so many pictures being released people are forming negative opinions before they have even seen the car live.
Old 02-02-13, 11:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, thats the one!

Its no glossier than any other car, its just the lighting makes the cars look great.
Old 02-02-13, 03:04 PM
TXDriver
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also saw it at the Houston Autoshow. It really caught my attention. I'm currently an Acura owner and I'm looking for my next car. I'll wait to see what the new TLX will look like and features it will have, but the 3IS is definitely on my short list. The only part of the car I have trouble with is the grill. A little overkill for me but it looks better in person. I like that they added split-folding rear seat. A must for me. I also like that I can (hopefully) get cooled seats. Can't get those on the 3-series. We drove the new Avalon and it had great cooled seats. Not just ventilated, but cooled. But the car was huge and no split folding seats.

We also drove the ATS. Not bad but I didn't like the styling, and the car was noisy. The new Accord was pretty impressive for its price point. I want more luxury though. But I think the new Accord will sell tons. I hope the TLX builds on that. Unfortunately we won't know until late this year.
Old 02-02-13, 07:08 PM
ntocamping
Rookie

Originally Posted by TXDriver
The new Accord was pretty impressive for its price point. I want more luxury though. But I think the new Accord will sell tons. I hope the TLX builds on that. Unfortunately we won't know until late this year.
I drove the Acord a few weeks ago. I liked it as well and think it has some definite European styling flair. My issue is I would want the top of the line EX-L V-6 with navigation and possibly the touring edition. Meaning it would be like buying the most expensive house in a neighborhood. Never a smart financial decision. I also didn't like that you could not get 18 or 19 " wheels on the top of the line and it does not offer shiftable tranny or paddles. Other than these issues I would consider it and still might. Can easily add wheels/ tires and I could live without paddles or steptronoc. Don't use them much in current car but I at least have them when I do.
Old 02-02-13, 07:26 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a feeling, even in person, that the rear of the 3IS will just make me face palm. Front looks good though.
Old 02-02-13, 07:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I don't know, I also thought the rear looked odd in pictures, but in person the car looks great, including the rear.
Old 02-02-13, 11:13 PM
gemini1
FNM President

I was at Lexus HQ in Torrance last week and was able to sit in it.

Very fresh new look!
Old 02-03-13, 02:10 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gemini1
I was at Lexus HQ in Torrance last week and was able to sit in it.

Very fresh new look!
Nice!!

Quick Reply: Feedback from folks who have SEEN the 3IS in person...