IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 Lexus IS 350 F SPORT in Nebula Gray Caught in the wild!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 08:44 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The 2IS has the bulging rear lights.... nothing new.

Now that I see this pic again, it looks strikingly similar to the new ES's rear. The black plastic at the bottom makes the tailpipes look like they are suspended in mid-air. Lexus could have done so much better.
Originally Posted by spwolf
quite possibly 2IS tails protruded even more to the outside :-)
Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The protrusions actually serve a purpose- windflow. Lexus made it a point to talk about this when the 2IS debuted. Surely it's achieving the same thing on the 3IS.

Speaking of protruding taillights, Mercedes kind of started it off during the 70's and 80's on all their sedans. The first ML SUV was the last to have them. Now Mercedes will invent the next trend: 1970's dashboards in modern cars (see the 2014 S-Class). But I digress.
Thanks for the feedback.

I just like it when the lights don't protrude from the rest of the body so dramatically. Actually, on both the 2IS and 3IS, it's only noticeable from 1 or 2 angles. Other Toyota/Lexus products (and other manufacturers too), it's even more dramatic.

Oh well. At least it's functional.
Old 02-01-13, 08:46 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BornDriver
Be honest, the new IS in this color is ugly. That ISF owner has low taste. All those pictures should be deleted forever.
LOL, tell us how you really feel, BD
Old 02-01-13, 08:50 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I still can't believe Lexus had the ***** to make that concept front end come to production.
Me neither, Blue.

And I REALLY can't believe that they OK'ed the dramatic rear section of the car, but so glad they did.

I am happy that Lexus decided that the ES could carry the more conservative body lines, and they stepped out of the box for the GS and even more so for the IS. The IS-F is going to be badazzzzz!

And the all-new LS in a year or two should be quite interesting.

The Lexus Coupe concept is already thrilling.

Go Lexus!
Old 02-02-13, 05:24 PM
Hunt3r
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If NGP is here to stay Lexus needs to do the wheels on the NGP F Sport models hyper silver. The current wheel colour is too close to the paint colour making the car look way too 'grey'
Old 02-02-13, 06:13 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm still disappointed.. every time I see this car, I think: "GOT DAMN- Thats FFFFing UGLY" Sorry to say that but maybe will be better looking in person..
Old 02-02-13, 07:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Much more Attractive in person...
Old 02-03-13, 04:42 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunt3r
If NGP is here to stay Lexus needs to do the wheels on the NGP F Sport models hyper silver. The current wheel colour is too close to the paint colour making the car look way too 'grey'
I feel the same way about the current generation 2012-2013 NGP IS F-Sport and how the car's color is too similar to the F-Sport package wheels.
Old 02-03-13, 05:34 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wunko
I feel the same way about the current generation 2012-2013 NGP IS F-Sport and how the car's color is too similar to the F-Sport package wheels.
Originally Posted by Hunt3r
I'll agree a third time with the both of you regarding the color of the wheels !! I like the color NGP itself but it needs some kind of contrast and the wheels looks way to close to the body color which distracts from its looks IMHO. The color of the wheels are dead on if you had the Silver , White and even the Black but not NGP !
Old 02-03-13, 06:42 AM
LSIII
Rookie

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
I'll agree a third time with the both of you regarding the color of the wheels !! I like the color NGP itself but it needs some kind of contrast and the wheels looks way to close to the body color which distracts from its looks IMHO. The color of the wheels are dead on if you had the Silver , White and even the Black but not NGP !
I agree too that the wheels are too dark. I really like the liquid graphite finish color on my 2010 18" stock wheels. Nice balance between F-Sport and the silver 17" wheels.
Old 02-04-13, 01:06 AM
RX808
Driver School Candidate

Maybe it'll grow on me. So far it has this whole Suzuki and Infiniti had an illegitimate child and Lexus adopted it look.
Old 02-04-13, 01:58 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Front is growing on me, but I still hate the rear profile from most angles. The side profile of the rear tail lights looks awful to me. It doesn't look sleek. It just looks awkward.
Old 02-04-13, 08:18 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

I always like seeing cars in a natural environment. It looks really good to me. Looking forward to seeing it in person.
Old 02-04-13, 01:10 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the front might look better with the license plate bracket on it, IF it stretches across the entire grill like it does on the GS. If so, you could mount the bracket without a plate on it, and it would give some visual break to the large grill which might make the front end more palatable.

And here we go with the non-F Sport version illustrating what I mean:

2014 Lexus IS 350 F SPORT in Nebula Gray Caught in the wild!-knzpl8g.png

Last edited by Infra; 02-04-13 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-04-13, 05:11 PM
lexus66666
Rookie

Yep definetly agree when the licence plate is put on it will definetly give the grille a divided look
Old 02-04-13, 08:31 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus66666
Yep definetly agree when the licence plate is put on it will definetly give the grille a divided look
It would look like this:

Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus IS 350 F SPORT in Nebula Gray Caught in the wild!