ihazabonar
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the black looks great for sure!
Old 01-22-13, 07:47 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Black looks good but I'll stick with the grey standard non-F-sport model.
Old 01-22-13, 08:08 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After seeing the videos, I'm not in love with that interior. It's OK, but kind of cold and blahhhh...

But I LOVE the exterior of the F-Sport. Grill looks great, and will look even better with a license plate splitting it (especially a long Euro-style plate). I am SOOO PROUD of Lexus for building such a car filled with dramatic angles and curves. If they would have given the 4GS a more dramatic azz like the 3IS, it would have been a homerun for me. Instead, that 4GS rear just leaves me cold.

And I am glad that they didn't integrate the exhaust housings into the bumper. I like the standard exhaust tips, and a modified exhaust will show nicely. Go Lexus!!!! I like the new direction, bold and succinct.

I am really feelin' this 3IS, and if it handles like the 4GS, it will be a phenomenal start to the 3rd Gen of IS.
Old 01-22-13, 09:06 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm starting to like the F-Sport grille more after seeing the F-Sport model in a dark color like black in this video! Part of it because it makes it look like the LED DRLs and headlights are together. I'd personally go for a gray color as my first choice. I really just didn't like seeing it in white like the initial pictures were.
Old 01-22-13, 09:14 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The more I see the new IS in videos, the more I like it.
Old 01-22-13, 10:24 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real
Forum Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
The more I see the new IS in videos, the more I like it.
It provides a lot more dimension to how things actually look when you can get perspective from the camera motion. Still pictures don't do it much justice.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in real life. I don't know why, since I probably won't buy one, but I'm still looking forward to it, haha.

Jeff
Old 01-22-13, 10:53 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got nothing but luv for this MT Vid of the black colour IS F-sport the the exterior design is mos def evolutionary. allthough will eventually see it in the metal 7 Months down the line but i am still going for the coupe CR F sport in 2014.This reason for this is that furuyama has just confirmed what i have been suspecting but not saying out here on Clublexus about shortfall of the Lexus brand when it comes to emotional and fun to drive factor.If thier can use the IS sedan to measure the emational and fun to drive factor in the next 12 month, i swear the coupe CR F-sport would have been perefected give the time delay for Launch in late 2014/early 2015.
Old 01-22-13, 10:57 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ydooby
I was in agreement with his assessment until he says "For example, taking a certain corner at a certain speed was categorized as "fun."... By doing so, we began standardizing the definition of "fun to drive"..."

I'm afraid that he's defining "fun to drive" in the wrong way, which in my opinion should be more about "feeling" directly connected to the road than about being able to take a certain corner at a certain speed.
I totally agree with that statment.
Old 01-22-13, 11:04 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
I'm afraid that he's defining "fun to drive" in the wrong way, which in my opinion should be more about "feeling" directly connected to the road than about being able to take a certain corner at a certain speed.
Agreed. To me this is why BMWs get that "fun to drive" label even though there may be comparable models that are actually "better" in terms of performance.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
f-sport grill looks less bad on a black car (of course), but still not a fan.
haha "less bad"! The F-sport bumper looks a little overdone for my tastes...

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The first part of this video made me feel like he was never happy being behind BMW, I never realized this was so important to Lexus.
I didn't necessarily take away that Lexus, the brand, is concerned with being "behind" BMW but rather that he, personally, was not happy about that in this particular vehicle class.

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Black looks good but I'll stick with the grey standard non-F-sport model.
Were there any shots of a non-F model?
Old 01-22-13, 11:07 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The first part of this video made me feel like he was never happy being behind BMW, I never realized this was so important to Lexus. We hear it so much from the fans but to hear it directly from him was different?. It makes me even more curious how this new IS is going to handle and more importantly this "fun factor". I'm anxious.

It amazes me still that I met him face to face back in 2007 at JM Lexus.
I am glad that thier under went this self introspections exercise,this has all ways been Lexus IS goal to dethrone the Beemer in precision handling and fun to drive factor once and for all. ithink the gap is almost closed if not already.
Old 01-23-13, 02:49 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daelo74
To me this cars is 50% new. From the whole A pillar to the whole C pillar including doors, it looks exactly like the previous generation. Seems all they did was change the rear and gave it a spindle grille.
Agree. If you pause the video at 6:20 it looks like someone moded a 2012 IS with parts from new GS. More news inside the car though.
Old 01-23-13, 06:52 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
I am glad that thier under went this self introspections exercise,this has all ways been Lexus IS goal to dethrone the Beemer in precision handling and fun to drive factor once and for all. ithink the gap is almost closed if not already.
just to put things into perspective, he was chief engineer of Lexus IS-F previously :-)

As we know, IS-F went through numerous changes from 2008 to 2012 in order to improve handling.

Thats probably why he talks about handling so much. And he knows what he is talking about.
Old 01-23-13, 06:58 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

^^^

That piece of news (that he was Chief Engineer of the ISF) bodes well for the new IS handling abilities.
Old 01-23-13, 07:21 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
just to put things into perspective, he was chief engineer of Lexus IS-F previously :-)

As we know, IS-F went through numerous changes from 2008 to 2012 in order to improve handling.

Thats probably why he talks about handling so much. And he knows what he is talking about.
Well based on that update info I am sold 3rd Gen here i come for a test drive but 7 months wait before its launched locally. But ultimatelty once the coupe is annouced money down at local dealership for that what i a really looking forward to in 2014/15
Old 01-23-13, 10:00 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Motor Trend just published their first drive impressions on the 2014 Lexus IS 350 F SPORT:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t_first_drive/

I've uploaded the full gallery on our Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/ClubLexus

Quick Reply: New MT vid of IS, featuring Furuyama