IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
View Poll Results: 2014 lexus IS or 2014 Infiniti Q50 aka G37?
2014 lexus IS
71.81%
2014 Infiniti Q50
28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-13, 10:38 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
alright folks.
this pics nails it!

q50 all the way.
What's so impressive about it? The Q50 has really soft poorly defined surfaces everywhere but the front end, making it look bloated and ungainly. It's also a size too big.
Old 04-30-13, 01:14 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright folks.
this pics nails it!

q50 all the way.
Coupe is always way nicer. I'm waiting to see the coupe. If it drive anywhere close to 3IS/1RC and ATS, Q60 MT would be my pick.
Old 04-30-13, 01:33 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
What's so impressive about it? The Q50 has really soft poorly defined surfaces everywhere but the front end, making it look bloated and ungainly. It's also a size too big.

Soft? What? The body panels on the doors have very distinctive "flow" patterns that I would definitely not call "soft" or "poorly defined"?
Old 04-30-13, 02:15 AM
QuentinB
Driver

The Q is entirely forgettable. The terrible naming nomenclature is a huge turnoff, too.
Old 04-30-13, 06:23 AM
yycdave
Driver

The Q has the frontend from the Mazda 6 with the backend of a Hyundai. Forgettable is a perfect description.
Old 04-30-13, 06:39 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be straight up honest, I dislike the Nissan/Infiniti brand and product. I'd buy a Mazda6 or Accord Touring before I bought a Nissan/Infiniti product.

Even though the Q50 may be a better value compared to the IS250 objectively, I'd choose the Lexus.
Old 04-30-13, 07:03 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

alright folks.
this pics nails it!

q50 all the way.
Agreed.
Old 04-30-13, 07:14 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

well, unless you have photoshop filter in your eyes, it will be very soft design in real life.
Old 04-30-13, 07:24 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
the lexus has more straight lines, the q has more curvy lines.
the q is the right size. the older gs are too narrow and short imho.

the q naming does stink, but we will just rebadge the car, simple fix.
Old 04-30-13, 10:28 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by QuentinB
The Q is entirely forgettable. The terrible naming nomenclature is a huge turnoff, too.

The re-branding of the G-sedan comes from the President of Infiniti

http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infini...schen-infiniti

His tenure at both VW and Audi as of late was the inspiration for the name changing of the Infiniti platform. His goal is to make Infiniti a halo brand.

As we all know the Audi naming from the A,R,S, Q lettering.
Old 04-30-13, 07:00 PM
LexFather

I said it before and to me in pics the G err Q50 looks better and is more conservative than the IS. I think they nailed proportions. I'm not a big fan of squiggly lines and the melted soap/fish look usually but I think this is far far better executed than the M37/56 and can't wait to see it in person lowered with some wheels. Should look really good.

Originally Posted by AdrianXT
I'll be straight up honest, I dislike the Nissan/Infiniti brand and product. I'd buy a Mazda6 or Accord Touring before I bought a Nissan/Infiniti product.

Even though the Q50 may be a better value compared to the IS250 objectively, I'd choose the Lexus.
Always nice to see a true O.G post

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
The re-branding of the G-sedan comes from the President of Infiniti

http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infini...schen-infiniti

His tenure at both VW and Audi as of late was the inspiration for the name changing of the Infiniti platform. His goal is to make Infiniti a halo brand.

As we all know the Audi naming from the A,R,S, Q lettering.
And we know throughout history they have had poor poor marketing decisions. Go to their FB page most everyone complained. The poor G guys now have to be Q guys?
Old 04-30-13, 08:38 PM
chris2k5
Pit Crew

Infiniti killed Lexus in terms of design here. Seeing some aggressive new photos of the Infiniti Q50 makes me want it even more. I don't know what Lexus was thinking!
Old 04-30-13, 09:43 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Simple, Infiniti essentially has the G/Q50 line propping up the entire brand. The Q50 has to be as inoffensive and nonpolarizing as possible in order to maintain the sales momentum that the original G37 has going for it. In other words, Infiniti has to play safe. I can forsee already how the Q50 design is unremarkable and will fade from memory after the first look.

With Lexus, with its full model line-up and the ES and RX driving sales,it can afford to experiment with edgier design cues on the GS and now IS. It may be polarizing at first glance but at least it has character, something I think the Q50 design doesn't have.
Old 04-30-13, 10:26 PM
LexFather

I dunno to me so far in pics the Q50 looks pretty good. Not sure if this is the stock suspension or show car cut springs though. I actually thought the current Altima was the best looking out of all their sedans (was the maxima before then) but I think this new Q50 looks better with the RWD proportions. I just hope it stands out enough from the cars I just mentioned.

Contrartily the IS is sharper and more bold as natnut stated Lexus can since the IS is not the volume model the Q50 is. I still will admit the front end of the IS is taking some time to get used to in F-sport guise, the Q50 is much more evolutionary.

Very curious how the new coupes from both companies will look, Nissan has nailed the coupe the last two times in regards to styling.
Old 05-01-13, 06:47 AM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I said it before and to me in pics the G err Q50 looks better and is more conservative than the IS. I think they nailed proportions. I'm not a big fan of squiggly lines and the melted soap/fish look usually but I think this is far far better executed than the M37/56 and can't wait to see it in person lowered with some wheels. Should look really good.

Always nice to see a true O.G post

And we know throughout history they have had poor poor marketing decisions. Go to their FB page most everyone complained. The poor G guys now have to be Q guys?
Since when is marketing your brand in a movie such as Iron man 1,2, &3 a poor marketing decision. I'll be seeing IM3 this THURS and yes, there will be Audi's seen in IM 3

I hope your not talking about this facebook page, of course you need to sign in to see all the comments
https://www.facebook.com/audi

Quick Reply: POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?