IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models
View Poll Results: 2014 lexus IS or 2014 Infiniti Q50 aka G37?
2014 lexus IS
71.81%
2014 Infiniti Q50
28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-13, 12:32 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Acura & Infiniti is going with double/stacked LCD screens...I like that better than single LCD screen.
Old 01-30-13, 12:34 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]new trend..
Attached Thumbnails POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?-2014-rlx-interior-with-advance-package-with-ebony-interior-center-stack-closeup.jpg   POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?-02_gallery.par.25779.image.320.200.direct.jpg  
Old 01-30-13, 01:17 PM
InfamousQ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
The Acura looks like an after-thought, that interior is poorly designed, IMO. The infiniti looks very clean & everything seems to flow naturally.
Old 02-03-13, 08:28 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Is that the Acura RLX interior? It looks really downmarket compared to the competitors.
Old 02-03-13, 09:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dseag2
Is that the Acura RLX interior? It looks really downmarket compared to the competitors.
You know what's amazing.. They continue to find ways to fail with that car.. Name it whatever
They want... It's DOA
Old 02-05-13, 12:19 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
You know what's amazing.. They continue to find ways to fail with that car.. Name it whatever
They want... It's DOA
jewel headlights seem pretty cool... thats bout it..
Attached Thumbnails POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?-2014-acura-rlx-headlight-view.jpg  
Old 02-05-13, 01:38 PM
InfamousQ
Rookie

Guess the visual appeal of the interior of each car depends on the individual. Some like that Acura interior & some like the 4GS interior.
Old 02-05-13, 01:53 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

I am guessing those jewel headlights on the RLX will be Acura's foreshadowing of the NSX's production headlights. They sure look good though

Between the Q50 and the 3rd gen. IS, I think I'd go with the G, err, Q. The exterior makes more of a statement for me because of the longer size. The 3rd IS is strong yes, but in my opinion, it is only from the front angle. Not ugly, but not beautiful either.

P.s. Those RSX looking headlights on the 3IS don't do the front fascia any justice, imo. If they had only flattened out that squiggly bottom, it would look so much better. The separate carved-out housing for the DRL LEDs is definately cool though.
Old 02-05-13, 08:25 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blueprint
They want... It's DOA
So true. And coming from an '05 Acura RL owner who kept the car for 6 months before trading it for an M45, I would have thought they would have learned their lesson and designed a true flagship car instead of warming over what they already had. As someone else said, this one will be DOA just like the last one. I'm sure Acura has a market, but it has become "value-priced, near luxury". Nowhere near Lexus or even Infiniti.
Old 02-08-13, 10:10 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dseag2
As someone else said, this one will be DOA just like the last one. I'm sure Acura has a market, but it has become "value-priced, near luxury". Nowhere near Lexus or even Infiniti.
I think the Infiniti and Acura are @ the same Tier Level... that being said, the new RLX is stepping up a little bit with Acura's Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/ 370 horsepower w/ 30mpg combine. I doubt it will be faster than the GS450h.
Old 02-10-13, 07:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

I think the Infiniti and Acura are @ the same Tier Level... that being said, the new RLX is stepping up a little bit with Acura's Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/ 370 horsepower w/ 30mpg combine. I doubt it will be faster than the GS450h.
Yeah, but Infiniti still offers a V8, which bumps it up a bit over Acura. However, we'll see how long that lasts with so many automakers downsizing and force-feeding their engines. Also, Infiniti's service is closer to Lexus level. Acura's is not.
Old 02-11-13, 09:51 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

You might as well throw in Lexus as the same tier level. My opinion is that Toyota = Lexus, Nissan = Infiniti and Honda = Acura, VW = Audi. All the same there. Only top tier level is having their own brand like BMW and Mercedes.
Old 02-11-13, 11:22 AM
trexlexus
Pole Position

You might as well throw in Lexus as the same tier level. My opinion is that Toyota = Lexus, Nissan = Infiniti and Honda = Acura, VW = Audi. All the same there. Only top tier level is having their own brand like BMW and Mercedes.
You are probalby well aware that the uber luxury brands such as Rolls Royce, Bentley, Ferrari, and Lamborghini each have parent companies. With your logic, are you saying that Merc and BMW are at the absolute top now because they aren't owned by someone else like the 4 i mentioned earlier?

I don't think that someone who drives a Fiat 500 is driving the same tier level vehicle as someone who drives a F12.

Two decades ago, when some luxury cars were nothing more than rebadges, is a far away time. Even though some companies have parents, in this day and age, there is now a bigger distinction between the subsidiary and owner.

Last edited by trexlexus; 02-11-13 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-11-13, 12:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by trexlexus
You are probalby well aware that the uber luxury brands such as Rolls Royce, Bentley, Ferrari, and Lamborghini each have parent companies. With your logic, are you saying that Merc and BMW are at the absolute top now because they aren't owned by someone else like the 4 i mentioned earlier?

I don't think that someone who drives a Fiat 500 is driving the same tier level vehicle as someone who drives a F12.

Two decades ago, when some luxury cars were nothing more than rebadges, is a far away time. Even though some companies have parents, in this day and age, there is now a bigger distinction between the subsidiary and owner.
Yeah that is way to basic. BMW and Benz offer small FWD cars on par with Toyota etc. Lexus/Toyota and VW/Audi have much greater differences than Acura/Honda and Infiniti/Nissan. Its pretty apparent in the vehicles, what consumers think and what experts think.

I also think there is serious media bias as I've rarely read a magazine bring up the Audi/VW relationship whereas if its a Japanese company they mention it 100 times.
Old 02-11-13, 12:56 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Even with Acura/Honda and Infiniti/Nissan, I would not go so far as to say they are similar. Sure some products are very identical, like the TSX/Euro Accord, and Pathfinder/JX, but as a whole, the companies still have differences that are easily recognizable. What Nissan does the current M37 look/feel like? What about the FX?

Acura, although imo, not as prestigious as the others are no different. Yes, I know the Accord is growing close to the TL and RL, but on a basic note, there is a strong stylistic dofference between them.

It wasn't like the 1990s, when the Lexus ES and Toyota Camry looked almost 100% alike. Times change.

And I fully agree about the media bias. People love to talk about "rebadged" Japanese cars. Noone likes to mention who Audi's parent is. Others seem to conveniently "forget" that BMW and Merc own Mini/smart. Are the latter prestigious?

Quick Reply: POLL. new IS or infiniti Q50 aka g?