IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-14, 03:00 PM
sveinongen
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got my Lexus IS300h F-sport Ultra White & Rioja Red

-Sunroof
-Led headlights with AHB
-Led Foglights
-Lane Departure Alert, Radar Cruise & Pre-Crash
-Navigation
-Mark levinson
-Heated steering wheel
-Rioja red seats with ventilation/heating and memory
-Automatic folding mirrors

Crappy phone pictures....
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1089.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_1090.jpg  
Old 03-04-14, 06:09 PM
Ironman273
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After working in sales at a Lexus dealership for some years (2004-2009) and my wife always driving Lexi since there was nothing that really interested me I am trading my 2003 BMW 530i (118K miles) for a 2014 IS 350 F-Sport. It'll join her 2014 ES300.
Old 03-06-14, 04:43 AM
johntruax
Driver School Candidate

Default First Lexus

I purchased My Lexus IS 350 in December. Nebula Pearl Gray with Parchment interior. Mine has the luxury package which includes the Nav., cold weather package, parking assist and some other items.

It is a great car but seems to have some gremlins in the Nav. system and a minor rattle at hwy. speeds. Should I post a new tread ???

John
Old 03-06-14, 07:52 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johntruax
I purchased My Lexus IS 350 in December. Nebula Pearl Gray with Parchment interior. Mine has the luxury package which includes the Nav., cold weather package, parking assist and some other items. It is a great car but seems to have some gremlins in the Nav. system and a minor rattle at hwy. speeds. Should I post a new tread ??? John
Mirror rattle is caused by it being out of place snap it in both directions carefully till you hear the pops and it should be fixed! Happened to mine after going thru a car wash
Old 03-06-14, 02:55 PM
johntruax
Driver School Candidate

It.... I'm not a big P Clinton fan but .... How do you define the word IT
Old 03-08-14, 11:52 PM
zhawks
Driver School Candidate

Greetings. I currently have a 2013 VW Golf R that is half a lemon. After reading through the forums here for a couple of weeks, Lexus has moved to the top of my list over the Audi S4 and BMW 335i x-drive. It's laughable how many more mechanical issues Audi and BMW have compared to Lexus. Anyhow, hoping to have a final decision before the temperature gets to warm and the rear diff on my R starts acting up again. The original was replaced after about 7 months and the problem was never fixed 100% and might come back in the spring or summer heat. If it does, the R has to go and I'm on here to research any known issues with the Lexus IS. Also looking at the RC, but waiting to hear if it will come with AWD. The cold winter has made me more open minded about giving up the manual transmission for a car that can have remote start (and comes with a heated steering wheel). If I order an IS, it will be the IS 350 AWD F-Sport with all the bells and whistles in Nebula Grey & probably the black interior. The only BUT, is there is no heated steering wheel for the U.S. market F-Sport package right now. Hopefully Lexus expands the model year 2015 options so I can have that. If not I'll have to figure out how to buy one in Canada and drive it back to Wisconsin. Or get a different German car and hope I have better luck.
Old 03-09-14, 01:57 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by zhawks
Greetings. I currently have a 2013 VW Golf R that is half a lemon. After reading through the forums here for a couple of weeks, Lexus has moved to the top of my list over the Audi S4 and BMW 335i x-drive. It's laughable how many more mechanical issues Audi and BMW have compared to Lexus. Anyhow, hoping to have a final decision before the temperature gets to warm and the rear diff on my R starts acting up again. The original was replaced after about 7 months and the problem was never fixed 100% and might come back in the spring or summer heat. If it does, the R has to go and I'm on here to research any known issues with the Lexus IS. Also looking at the RC, but waiting to hear if it will come with AWD. The cold winter has made me more open minded about giving up the manual transmission for a car that can have remote start (and comes with a heated steering wheel). If I order an IS, it will be the IS 350 AWD F-Sport with all the bells and whistles in Nebula Grey & probably the black interior. The only BUT, is there is no heated steering wheel for the U.S. market F-Sport package right now. Hopefully Lexus expands the model year 2015 options so I can have that. If not I'll have to figure out how to buy one in Canada and drive it back to Wisconsin. Or get a different German car and hope I have better luck.
F-sport lacks a lot of options in the US. If you want gadgets, order a non F-sport.
Old 03-10-14, 06:20 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by jhs82
F-sport lacks a lot of options in the US. If you want gadgets, order a non F-sport.
U.S.A lacks Ultra Sonic Blue FSport..
Old 03-10-14, 08:25 AM
richiu1972
Driver School Candidate

Default Difficulty choosing between IS350 and Audi S3

I am torn between the IS350 and upcoming Audi S3--wish I could buy both. Just thought I could get a random sample of opinions. Thanks!
Old 03-10-14, 05:16 PM
zhawks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by richiu1972
I am torn between the IS350 and upcoming Audi S3--wish I could buy both. Just thought I could get a random sample of opinions. Thanks!
I'd recommend sitting in a VW Golf with four doors or a Jetta. The interior size will be about the same or wait until the A3's start showing up at dealers (should be this month or next). Those quilted leather seats would be sweet though and I think the highway mileage will be in the mid 30's.
Old 03-11-14, 08:38 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by elbertc
Hello Club Lexus!

I'm Elbert, from Manila Philippines. I am a restaurateur by profession.

Last week, I picked up my 2014 IS 350 F Sport in Mercury Gray with black interiors.

I am absolutely in love with this car. I am a BMW guy, btw. My stable used to be comprised of two Bimmers. not anymore.

Awesome photo!
Old 03-11-14, 11:20 AM
gboy0718
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Sup Fam! Newbie here. Just picked up my 2014 Ultra White IS250 F-Sport with the Rioja Red interior last night from Lexus of Riverside. It was quite a journey since this color combination was not readily available in the surround dealerships. Worth every penny IMO. Hope u guys don't mind me sharing I'm just too stoked...

Some of the previous rides

Old 03-11-14, 05:47 PM
istasy
Driver School Candidate

Picked up this Nebula Gray Pearl IS350 F-Sport 2.27.14 and loving it so far!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-1.jpg  
Old 03-12-14, 03:09 AM
pchuon3is
Driver School Candidate

Bought this 2 weeks ago. IS350 Fsport Ultra White & Rioja Red. Currently deployed in Afghanistan right now. Wife is driving the car.
Old 03-12-14, 07:40 PM
brxtn
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member

Sup everyone,
Happy owner of a grey 2014 IS250 F sport

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!