IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 04-21-14, 03:52 PM
vorujak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member To Club Lexus

Hi guys,
I'm Kevin, new member to Club Lexus. I've had my IS for a while now but thought I would post some photos to share and introduce myself. Cheers!

Last edited by vorujak; 04-21-14 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Images
Old 04-22-14, 08:43 AM
goshawk823
Rookie

Originally Posted by MILKEE
Another experienced driver here. When shopping for our first F Sport, I was stuck between a new camaro or a Lexus IS. I went witha 2011 IS 250 F Sport, my decision was made after talking with our local chevy service manager. She owned an IS, traded it for a new camaro and less than a year later she went back to a Lexus. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. We now drive a 2014 IS350 F Sport, I like it a lot.
I've owned several Camaros over the years, and have had 2 of the new 5th gens. I had a 2010 RS (6 cylinder), and now the '13 SS. Don't get me wrong; I've loved driving both cars, and knock on wood, I haven't had a single problem in 5 years of drving them. I wish I could keep the Camaro and the IS, but that's impractical.

My one pet peeve; I see lots of F Sport owners, but the lack of certain options that are unavailable to get on an F Sport (rain sensing wipers, backup mirror rotation, fog lights, etc.) stuff that I had on my BMW 330 years ago, bugs me. Being an experienced driver, I find I need things like fog lights (I live in a rural area, and they help immensely at night) and some of the other comforts. I took an F Sport for a test drive. Unfortunately, it was raining like hell, and I didn't have a chance to wring it out. The power is probably very similar to my RS camaro, and while it won't have the low end grunt of torque that the SS has, it's fine for my needs. I find it weird that you can't option an F Sport more completely.

Working on getting quotes from two dealers at the moment. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm looking at a 4 month wait to get exactly what I want.
Best of luck with your new IS!
Old 04-22-14, 12:40 PM
Crimson92
Driver School Candidate

Hi new here.

Posted this in the White IS thread.

Enjoying my new F-Sport.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_2032.jpg  
Old 04-22-14, 12:55 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crimson92
Hi new here.

Posted this in the White IS thread.

Enjoying my new F-Sport.
Nice rides and congratulations on the new IS
Old 04-22-14, 12:57 PM
Crimson92
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
Nice rides and congratulations on the new IS
Thanks, fun car so far.
Old 04-23-14, 11:16 AM
vorujak
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone's navigation screen flicker while they drive? Mine started doing that a few days ago and when I took it to the dealership, it stopped before they could see it. Then it happened again this morning . Any advice?
Old 04-23-14, 04:21 PM
FlyersNY81
Driver School Candidate

Default Just got mine

IS 350 F Sport
Nebula Gray Pearl with Rioja Red interior.
Less than 100 miles in my very first Lexus. Loving it so far!!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  

Last edited by FlyersNY81; 04-23-14 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Adding picture
Old 04-23-14, 08:59 PM
TopShelfCo
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up all!

My first post should have actually been in this thread , but anyways I'm a new member from SoCal and had her since late 2013 here she is...

Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-13920748491_738d90c5e7_b.jpg
Old 04-25-14, 02:26 AM
IS3FIDY
Driver School Candidate

Just took ownership of my new IS350 AWD F-Sport. got it fully loaded out. This car has stolen my heart, can't stop looking at it.

Name:  ZlTAFAa.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  345.0 KB

Just got 15% ceramic tint all the way around and just ordered RSR Down Springs and 20mm spacers from motorsport-tech.com
Old 04-25-14, 03:01 PM
Stealth831
Driver School Candidate

Default NOOB here to the brand

Hi all,

Just took delivery of my '14 IS 350 F sport AWD last week.
Nebula Grey Pearl, Rioja Red Interior..

Took less than a month to get with a lot of hard work from the sales team. I got a great deal and I am very pleased thus far having clocked just under 300 miles, it being my first Lexus (or Toyota product for that matter.) Having been a loyalist to another brand for the last 3 vehicles, including being a high upper in organizing events, meets, and also being involved with their racing program, it was time for a switch to mix it up, we'll see how it goes.

I had the vehicle protected with Xpel PPF by a local vendor who did it at the dealership before taking delivery, and the F Sport Exhaust from the accessory catalog (with the club lexus discount of course) is on the way from Sewell to be bolted up next week. Not planning on doing too much more than that to this car other than some subtle tint, I want to enjoy it as it was designed while definitely looking to increase the purrrr of this silky smooth motor.

Ive been reading a lot silently on this forum for the last 3 months or so to gain info, and love the fact it exists along with a decent knowledge base on how to's, what works and what doesn't, as well as opinions and problems people have if they arise. Looking forward to digging in more.

Thanks and have a great weekend.
-Jonny
Old 04-27-14, 03:21 PM
Killakob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stealth831
Hi all,

Just took delivery of my '14 IS 350 F sport AWD last week.
Nebula Grey Pearl, Rioja Red Interior..

Took less than a month to get with a lot of hard work from the sales team. I got a great deal and I am very pleased thus far having clocked just under 300 miles, it being my first Lexus (or Toyota product for that matter.) Having been a loyalist to another brand for the last 3 vehicles, including being a high upper in organizing events, meets, and also being involved with their racing program, it was time for a switch to mix it up, we'll see how it goes.

I had the vehicle protected with Xpel PPF by a local vendor who did it at the dealership before taking delivery, and the F Sport Exhaust from the accessory catalog (with the club lexus discount of course) is on the way from Sewell to be bolted up next week. Not planning on doing too much more than that to this car other than some subtle tint, I want to enjoy it as it was designed while definitely looking to increase the purrrr of this silky smooth motor.

Ive been reading a lot silently on this forum for the last 3 months or so to gain info, and love the fact it exists along with a decent knowledge base on how to's, what works and what doesn't, as well as opinions and problems people have if they arise. Looking forward to digging in more.

Thanks and have a great weekend.
-Jonny
Congrats on the ride Johnny. Had my Nebula Gray Pearl/ Rioja Red since October '13 and do not regret picking it over the '14 BMW 335i at all. Enjoy

- Kobbie
Old 04-27-14, 03:45 PM
Killakob
Driver School Candidate

Just realized that I haven't posted in this thread. I've had a Nebula Gray Pearl / Rioja Red (IS 250 F Sport) since October '13 and I'm madly in love with it! It's so much fun to drive as you all already know. So far she's been de-badged (F sport badge installed rear side), got 30% tints, body side moldings, LED's throughout the interior, trunk and puddle lights on side mirrors.

Have a couple more mods in store for her in preparation for summer and cannot wait

Old 04-28-14, 10:13 PM
teapony
Driver School Candidate

Hello!

I've had my new IS250 F-Sport for two weeks or so now. I've been down at school though, so haven't been able to break it in the way I would have liked on the roads at home. Got it in Nebula Grey with Roja Red interior and loving it!

Took a study break to snap a pic of it in the parking lot :P
Name:  B4SWrDB.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  378.3 KB
Old 04-29-14, 08:50 AM
mrtriad
Rookie

Default Hello!

Hello everyone. I'm a brand new owner of a 2014 is 250 awd F Sport! Before I have owned a 2005 e60 BMW but I got tired of the maintenance! I'm excited to join the lexus family!
Old 04-29-14, 08:54 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtriad
Hello everyone. I'm a brand new owner of a 2014 is 250 awd F Sport! Before I have owned a 2005 e60 BMW but I got tired of the maintenance! I'm excited to join the lexus family!
Welcome and congrats on your new ride!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!