IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3rd Generation IS Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-12, 08:20 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
I wanna check something here the Next-Generation LFA-inspired Lexus IS instrument panel what purpose does it serve on th IS? We all know on the LFA the reason it was there was due to the high revening V10 engine which the nornal Analogue Techomenter would keep up with high rate of revs woould decrease and increase. Now should this be on the next IS-F Rather or CR-F instead of the normal stadard IS model or Hybrid model .Can a Lexus expert shed some light on this matter.
It's on the F-Sport only... and then the upcoming F model as well.

It will not be on the standard IS250 and 350.
Old 12-20-12, 04:37 PM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
It's on the F-Sport only... and then the upcoming F model as well.

It will not be on the standard IS250 and 350.
Thus far the 3IS 's instrument cluster is what makes the interior very intriguing. The actual interior itself thus far doesnt look anything special IMHO. The 2IS looks nicer but its this cluster is what make's it look so sexy.

I guess if and when i'm ready i have no choice but to opt for the F Sport which is a good thing
Old 12-20-12, 05:22 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

It's kind of ugly looking to me, but I do like that gauge cluster though. The seats remind of the ones in my old 03 Accord for some reason.
Old 12-20-12, 05:48 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Red leather option.....yes......yes...
Old 12-20-12, 07:45 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
can i assume this is a hybrid? i seem to remember reading that the new is250 was going to be a hybrid...just not in the u.s.a. yes?
It shows an EV mode in one of the gage pictures, so yes, it must be a hybrid. Also, aren't the blue start buttons exclusive to Lexus' hybrid vehicles? Both of those are what I saw in the CT I just had as a loaner car. Neither exist on my 4GS.
Old 12-20-12, 11:17 PM
KRodriguez
Driver School Candidate

I'm not feeling the interior as well. The steering wheel screams cheap and the seats with all the L's are just cheesy. Hopefully this isn't the final look. A gauge can only carry it so far.
Old 12-20-12, 11:41 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Red leather option.....yes......yes...
I'm a sucker for red leather... It would go good with MRM!
Old 12-21-12, 02:59 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

the only thing i like about the whole interior is the instrument cluster.

temp controls are cool to have but not a game changer..
Old 12-23-12, 08:33 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
It shows an EV mode in one of the gage pictures, so yes, it must be a hybrid. Also, aren't the blue start buttons exclusive to Lexus' hybrid vehicles? Both of those are what I saw in the CT I just had as a loaner car. Neither exist on my 4GS.

Many cars that are non hybrid are coming with an ECO mode to inform you that you are driving and an ECO manner. Could that be the case or is it truly a hybrid?

I'm with the masses on the interior, I like the cluster but I'm not to excited about the rest. I test drove the new GS and it felt big and heavy just sitting in it. It looks like they carried everything over to the IS interior and to me that doesn't work. The IS, especially the ISF and F Sport models should have a light sporty feel and this big chunky interior doesn't cut it.

Unless I'm completely wowed by the car when it sheds it's coverings I think I'll stick with my current ISF.
Old 12-23-12, 07:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Many cars that are non hybrid are coming with an ECO mode to inform you that you are driving and an ECO manner. Could that be the case or is it truly a hybrid?

I'm with the masses on the interior, I like the cluster but I'm not to excited about the rest. I test drove the new GS and it felt big and heavy just sitting in it. It looks like they carried everything over to the IS interior and to me that doesn't work. The IS, especially the ISF and F Sport models should have a light sporty feel and this big chunky interior doesn't cut it.

Unless I'm completely wowed by the car when it sheds it's coverings I think I'll stick with my current ISF.
Eco and EV are two different things. My GS (non-hybrid) has an Eco mode. It also has a "Charge" display, which would indicate the battery for the electric component is charging.

BTW, I'm also not feeling it, especially compared to the great job Lexus did with the GS interior. The 2IS had a "mini" version of the 3GS interior. This looks totally different from the direction Lexus has taken with the GS, ES and LS interiors.
Old 12-23-12, 08:26 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

How exciting, an abundance of cheap plastic... Not at all impressed, but I'll reserve final judgement until I sit in one.
Old 12-23-12, 10:29 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

New 3IS interior actually based on prototype LF-CC.
From the interior camouflage, I think its still too hard to tell what the real car will be like.
Ditto the exterior's camouflage...

Last edited by peteharvey; 12-23-12 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-23-12, 11:21 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a Japanese made BMW, I like the instrument cluster, seats, I don't trust the touch temps over time I prefer buttons, hate the circles on the steering wheel rather large and as someone said it creates this third eye effect..overall I think the design team could've used the space in a more luxurious, yet sporty way, however staring at the instrument cluster may make me not care about anything else....one more thing DEAR LEXUS BEFORE YOU START PRODUCTION OF THE 3RD GEN IS, DO NOT USE ANY LEDS IN THIS GUAGE CLUSTER.....
Old 12-24-12, 07:38 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That dash looks ugly and cheap like my toyota starlet way back in the days back home.
Old 12-26-12, 12:39 PM
LEXX135
Pole Position

The dashboard on 2IS looks better in imo but the gauge cluster looks pretty sweet

Quick Reply: 3rd Generation IS Interior