IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Next Generation IS Wishlist....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 10:13 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Next Generation IS Wishlist....

Good day guys and gals, forgive me if this thread already exists (mods please close it if that's the case). Most of us are pretty satisfied after having our IS's from either 2006 or for some of you this past year. However, over the years of driving my IS, which I am now at 164k miles, I must say that there are some things that I wish the next generation IS would have or at least be improved from the current model. Maybe some corporate folks will take the consumer thoughts into consideration before the final plans are done (Yeah RIght, right ). With that being said, THIS IS NOT A RANT POST, but rather a collage of ideas about the next generation IS that would definitely get me to get another one in a year or so, or whenever they release the new one.

Oh, BTW please keep it on topic and realistic, no turbo, supercharger, air ratio talk...I know some of you are optimistic but "I" doubt Lexus goes that route even if we all want more power.

My Wish List...
1. Shocks that last past 50k
2. A mean front fascia, "IMO" BMW's front fascia's are aggressive, whereas ours without an aftermarket lip looks like the cars on the old Chevron commercials, just happy and fast.
3. Better windshield, or maybe its my driving.
4. Seat coolers that actually cool your seat.
5. Instrument Cluster with no LED needles.
6. Better projectors on the headlights.
7. New dash material, that lasts and lasts.
8. Bigger rear brakes.
9. An engine that growls, not necessarily a V8, but just tuning the engine and incorporating the intake and exhaust to give the new IS an incredible remarkable sound.

Uh, I think that's it, everyone has different taste so my list may not be your cup of tea, but sound off below and let us know what you want....
Old 07-24-12, 10:46 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
Good day guys and gals, forgive me if this thread already exists (mods please close it if that's the case). Most of us are pretty satisfied after having our IS's from either 2006 or for some of you this past year. However, over the years of driving my IS, which I am now at 164k miles, I must say that there are some things that I wish the next generation IS would have or at least be improved from the current model. Maybe some corporate folks will take the consumer thoughts into consideration before the final plans are done (Yeah RIght, right ). With that being said, THIS IS NOT A RANT POST, but rather a collage of ideas about the next generation IS that would definitely get me to get another one in a year or so, or whenever they release the new one.

Oh, BTW please keep it on topic and realistic, no turbo, supercharger, air ratio talk...I know some of you are optimistic but "I" doubt Lexus goes that route even if we all want more power.

My Wish List...
2. A mean front fascia, "IMO" BMW's front fascia's are aggressive, whereas ours without an aftermarket lip looks like the cars on the old Chevron commercials, just happy and fast.
8. Bigger rear brakes.
9. An engine that growls, not necessarily a V8, but just tuning the engine and incorporating the intake and exhaust to give the new IS an incredible remarkable sound.

Uh, I think that's it, everyone has different taste so my list may not be your cup of tea, but sound off below and let us know what you want....
i completly agree with 7, a new dash material. I came from an is300 and even that older model has a better looking dash.
Old 07-24-12, 11:06 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP

My Wish List...
8. Bigger rear brakes.

1. I have 120k on my stock shocks and they are still holding up with no leaks or squeaks.
2. To each his own. Personally i like 2IS design better than 3 series.
3. My windshield has 120k on it as well and has no cracks at all and still looks pretty good. Although i have quite a few chips from highway driving.
4. Our seats are not cooled they are ventilated.
5. LED needles look really good. Maybe they could improve the quality and make them last longer.
6. I think they are ok.
7. Although i don't have this problem, but YES.
8. They won't help you to stop the car any better so it just aesthetics. You have an option of getting F sport brakes.
9. Most of IS buyers want just quite and smooth ride. IS delivers it. Incredible, remarkable sound? Get IS-F.
Old 07-24-12, 11:10 PM
kim0217
Lead Lap

Folding seats!
Old 07-25-12, 12:06 AM
Rookie

Originally Posted by kim0217
Folding seats!
+1 for me. Sometimes I even wish there is a simple mod to make it happen on the current IS.
Old 07-25-12, 12:06 AM
Kauro
Pole Position

the friggen cup holders!
Old 07-25-12, 09:29 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seats with ac instead of ventilated would be nice.
Old 07-25-12, 09:34 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kauro
the friggen cup holders!
This!!!!^^^
Old 07-25-12, 09:36 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe a turbo/super charger option?
Old 07-25-12, 10:52 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by p0lo8
1. I have 120k on my stock shocks and they are still holding up with no leaks or squeaks.
2. To each his own. Personally i like 2IS design better than 3 series.
3. My windshield has 120k on it as well and has no cracks at all and still looks pretty good. Although i have quite a few chips from highway driving.
4. Our seats are not cooled they are ventilated.
5. LED needles look really good. Maybe they could improve the quality and make them last longer.
6. I think they are ok.
7. Although i don't have this problem, but YES.
8. They won't help you to stop the car any better so it just aesthetics. You have an option of getting F sport brakes.
9. Most of IS buyers want just quite and smooth ride. IS delivers it. Incredible, remarkable sound? Get IS-F.

I have to agree with this ^^^.

And i think there is already a lengthy thread on all this too.
Old 07-25-12, 11:14 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a thread on this, but ill add my piece too:

all i want is a digital readout of our speed on the instrument cluster. Tired of knowing how hot it is at all times
Old 07-25-12, 11:15 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rear folding seat, real fix for the carbon build up on the IS250 and better cup holders!!!! lol
Old 07-25-12, 11:22 AM
kikkomanrj
Rookie

rear folding seat and MT for the higher engine trim
Old 07-25-12, 12:04 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coffee maker like the FIAT

Old 07-25-12, 12:38 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A manual transmission in the higher HP models!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Quick Reply: Next Generation IS Wishlist....