IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help source invidia midpipe!

Old 06-02-15, 06:35 AM
michael22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help source invidia midpipe!

Hi everyone!

Ive recently been experiencing an extremely bad rotten egg smell when i accelerate my is250. I've done my research and concluded that it is the cats. Some members had luck from changing fuel brands but i have tried all of them with no luck. The only way to solve this is to replace the cats, or get a midpipe. i think a midpipe is better value.

However, living in australia, my sources to attain an invidia midpipe are severely limited. I saw a few on ebay but shipping was $150...

If anyone can link me the midpipe or purchase one over at your country and forward it to me i would much appreciate it!

cheers
Old 06-02-15, 04:00 PM
Kevin85
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be easier to just have a shop make you one after you figure all the shipping and stuff.
Old 06-02-15, 05:18 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes any muffler shop can make you midepipe for around $200-$300.
Old 06-02-15, 07:14 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure I paid $305 for my Invidia mid pipes from either THMotorsports or one of the CL vendors. Will have to dig through my posts to figure out which...... Personally, I would opt for the Invidia if you can still get it at the price I paid. Looks as clean as my Tanabe axle back!
Old 06-02-15, 07:19 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Pretty sure I paid $305 for my Invidia mid pipes from either THMotorsports or one of the CL vendors. Will have to dig through my posts to figure out which...... Personally, I would opt for the Invidia if you can still get it at the price I paid. Looks as clean as my Tanabe axle back!
Invidia not too loud with Tanabe? I also have Takeda Stage 2 intake. You can buy invidia from Amazon.com.
Old 06-02-15, 07:25 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, only took a sec. Here is my post.

Just placed an order with JB Autosports Inc for the Invidia mid pipe. Got it for $303 shipped, which is by far the lowest price I have seen online. Been talking with a tech guy there, and he says they will ship out tomorrow. If these arrive in one piece, this is a great deal! Many places (even on eBay) are trying to get list price for these pipes. I will update this thread with pics of the product when I get it, as well as a review of the difference in the exhaust.

Here is my thread on the exhaust install.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-included.html

I checked their site but didn't find a vehicle lookup option and they are apparently now focused on Subby's, Scions and late model Mustangs? Wouldn't hurt to call them just to check though.

http://jbautosports.com/

For what it's worth, TH Motorsports is about the same price as eBay, at $340.....

http://thmotorsports.com/invidia/inv.../i-285140.aspx
Old 06-02-15, 07:27 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Invidia not too loud with Tanabe? I also have Takeda Stage 2 intake. You can buy invidia from Amazon.com.
No sir, not too loud at all. The Tanabe Medallion is actually pretty tame so adding the Invidia mid pipes gives it a nice "rasp". I absolutely love the set up the way it is. I initially wanted the HKS Hi Power but the tsunami in Japan at the time made it virtually impossible to get. I tried for months and eventually went with the Tanabe. Never looked back......
Old 06-02-15, 08:33 PM
michael22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
Yes any muffler shop can make you midepipe for around $200-$300.

Thank you all for your replies!!

When a muffler shop makes a midpipe for me, are the cats removed? does the 2is only have 2 cats? the invidia midpipe only has a resonator and no cats? isnt this illegal? We get fined 10k over here if we have no cats
Old 06-02-15, 09:58 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Muffler shop will not remove cats converter because of the law. But you can still ask them.
Old 06-02-15, 09:59 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

No sir, not too loud at all. The Tanabe Medallion is actually pretty tame so adding the Invidia mid pipes gives it a nice "rasp". I absolutely love the set up the way it is. I initially wanted the HKS Hi Power but the tsunami in Japan at the time made it virtually impossible to get. I tried for months and eventually went with the Tanabe. Never looked back......
I heard back order on Invidia. I don't like to wait too long. but local muffler shop can also made one and cheaper. I'm still undecided.
Old 06-03-15, 06:32 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Okay, only took a sec. Here is my post.

Just placed an order with JB Autosports Inc for the Invidia mid pipe. Got it for $303 shipped, which is by far the lowest price I have seen online. Been talking with a tech guy there, and he says they will ship out tomorrow. If these arrive in one piece, this is a great deal! Many places (even on eBay) are trying to get list price for these pipes. I will update this thread with pics of the product when I get it, as well as a review of the difference in the exhaust.

Here is my thread on the exhaust install.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-included.html

I checked their site but didn't find a vehicle lookup option and they are apparently now focused on Subby's, Scions and late model Mustangs? Wouldn't hurt to call them just to check though.

http://jbautosports.com/

For what it's worth, TH Motorsports is about the same price as eBay, at $340.....

http://thmotorsports.com/invidia/inv.../i-285140.aspx
Hey any idea how the invidia mid pipe sounds with the f-sport exhaust? Im planning on going this setup. I live in Canada so will the cats be removed or only upon special request? I dont think I can pass emissions without my cats.
Old 06-03-15, 06:17 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Zynthe
Hey any idea how the invidia mid pipe sounds with the f-sport exhaust? Im planning on going this setup. I live in Canada so will the cats be removed or only upon special request? I dont think I can pass emissions without my cats.
The Tanabe is one of the milder axle backs so the sound should be more aggressive with the F Sport exhaust! You may want to do the F Sport first and then decide if you want the Invidia as well.......