IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Deep review on ebay Headlight - New Version

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-15, 10:01 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for a few weeks and love them too. If anyone plans on buying, check out dt_moto on ebay. They were shipped fast and packaged very well.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/dt_moto?_trk...72.m2749.l2754
Old 05-23-15, 10:44 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Very nice. I like the looks of the lights. I have no problem losing AFS to be honest. How did you get that "demon eye"? Does that make your headlights red? And a very odd question but, Whats the weight difference between these and stock with AFS and HID?
Old 05-23-15, 12:11 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

im very interested in these! If the gromet is glued, then how would you use the gromet from an hid kit? I have an hid kit which I would reuse in this one.

Also, how would you go about making this a drl like the oem ones? The whole reason i'd go for these is because im not a huge fan of our drl's which use the standard high beam at a lower power.

And finally, how woulf you go about making the led's into a 6000k (more blue-ish) vs. the white that they come in?

Thanks, and great review!!
Old 05-23-15, 01:24 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

The headlight had projector on it. The LED is wired to parking light (city light) which is suitable to me. However, if you want it to work as DRL or turn on when ever your ignition on, all you need is re-wire it and you good to go.
For me, my foglight become driving light since I retrofitted it with morimoto projector. I love demon eye look so low beam is rarely use
Old 05-23-15, 01:33 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skyshadow
Very nice. I like the looks of the lights. I have no problem losing AFS to be honest. How did you get that "demon eye"? Does that make your headlights red? And a very odd question but, Whats the weight difference between these and stock with AFS and HID?
I installed super bright LED INSIDE projector and wired it to parking light (adding reply so the demon eye will be off when headlight is on) so I have deep red looking projector
For the weight, it's a lot lighter than OEM HID AFS
Old 05-23-15, 01:36 PM
jblanco222
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
The headlight had projector on it. The LED is wired to parking light (city light) which is suitable to me. However, if you want it to work as DRL or turn on when ever your ignition on, all you need is re-wire it and you good to go.
For me, my foglight become driving light since I retrofitted it with morimoto projector. I love demon eye look so low beam is rarely use
I would definitely want the the LEDs wired as DRLs just like the oem ones use the high beams. any advice on how I'd do that? and are there any drl's on these sets at all? I'd imagine it uses the high beam as well?
Old 05-23-15, 01:53 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nixcision
im very interested in these! If the gromet is glued, then how would you use the gromet from an hid kit? I have an hid kit which I would reuse in this one.

Also, how would you go about making this a drl like the oem ones? The whole reason i'd go for these is because im not a huge fan of our drl's which use the standard high beam at a lower power.

And finally, how woulf you go about making the led's into a 6000k (more blue-ish) vs. the white that they come in?

Thanks, and great review!!
For LED working as DRL, I will provide information later with picture as well
I'm not recommend blue-ish led cause those LED is not as good as this. They will burned out shortly
Old 05-23-15, 02:01 PM
jblanco222
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
For LED working as DRL, I will provide information later with picture as well
I'm not recommend blue-ish led cause those LED is not as good as this. They will burned out shortly
awesome! thanks man, really looking forward to it. thanks more all the time and details!
Old 05-23-15, 09:38 PM
jjc250
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you lose the stock HID as well. Because you can't use the stock HID bulbs for this eBay headlight. You would need to get additional parts to make it work?

Also please keep us posted every few weeks or so telling us how these LEDs are holding up.

Thank you for the review!
Old 05-23-15, 10:15 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

I will keep you guys up to date for at least 3 months. I want to know how LED hold up as well
Old 05-23-15, 11:15 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Very tempting now after you said that there are projectors in there and it does not throw any error code for people with AFS. I wonder how the build quality is few months or years from now.

I read that you plan to retrofit the LED to make them brighter. Any idea on how you will make that possible?

Originally Posted by jjc250
So you lose the stock HID as well. Because you can't use the stock HID bulbs for this eBay headlight. You would need to get additional parts to make it work?

Also please keep us posted every few weeks or so telling us how these LEDs are holding up.

Thank you for the review!
You just need new bulbs and you can use your old ballast.
Old 05-23-15, 11:28 PM
rupavi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jrule2
You won't be able to use the stock HID system. You would need to purchase a compatible HID kit to convert the headlights from halogen to HID.

Can't remember which forum I read it on, but apparently the reason they state 'Halogen only' is due to legal reasons in some countries where HID retrofits are illegal.
Thanks for clarifying my doubts.
Old 05-23-15, 11:45 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Very tempting now after you said that there are projectors in there and it does not throw any error code for people with AFS. I wonder how the build quality is few months or years from now.

I read that you plan to retrofit the LED to make them brighter. Any idea on how you will make that possible?

You just need new bulbs and you can use your old ballast.
Not quite right.. You certainly will have an an AFS light pop up in your dash cluster. Even with Sewell's 2011+ headlight upgrade people still had the AFS light appear in their dash cluster.

Nobody has come up with a solution to stop this from happening yet.
Old 05-24-15, 12:17 AM
adoan94
Driver School Candidate

did u hav a link to the headlights that u bought specifically?
Nice writeup and review btw!
Old 05-24-15, 10:27 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrule2
Not quite right.. You certainly will have an an AFS light pop up in your dash cluster. Even with Sewell's 2011+ headlight upgrade people still had the AFS light appear in their dash cluster.

Nobody has come up with a solution to stop this from happening yet.
That was what I thought also. I will have to pass on these since that AFS off pop up on the dash would be extremely annoying.

Quick Reply: Deep review on ebay Headlight - New Version