IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I really need your input pricing my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 03:38 PM
bmaez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need your input pricing my car

Please review my listing. This beautiful car has been up for sale since Feb 2015 and I can't figure out where the problem is. I've listed on Craigslist, Bookoo, this website and auto trader. I thought the advertised price was low but let me know if you think I'm asking too much for it.

Also, Carmax offered 21K and other dealers between 20-23K.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...is350-awd.html
Old 05-20-15, 04:01 PM
neilian
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be patient with it. 25k is right around kbb value. Lowest I would sell it is at 24k
Old 05-20-15, 04:08 PM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Car is clean good price
Old 05-20-15, 04:33 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The car is nice and clean. The price is good. However, here are few things i think you are up against:
-winter was just over so not many people interested in AWD.
-Some buyers at this price point usually go to the dealers and not worry about doing the finance on their own.
-Some buyers at this price point rather buying a brand new Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, etc...with full warranty vs a car that was out of warranty.

I am pretty sure a right buyer will come along. Too bad, VA is one of those states doesn't give sale tax credit for trade-in. Otherwise, $23k from the dealer isn't too bad.
Old 05-20-15, 04:50 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, this is good price. I would buy it from you already if it is not AWD. Your car is clean and the price you set is actually GOOD. I know even my IS250 2012 loaded with nav and FSport package is being sold around 23-27k range by so many dealers.
Old 05-20-15, 06:10 PM
bmaez
Driver

Appreciate the input and great points made about financing and warranties. I wouldn't have thought this car would have been this difficult to unload. My local Lexus dealer let me know that their having difficulty selling 2nd Gen IS2/350s and that they have a 2012 thats been sitting on the lot for over a year.
Old 06-18-15, 03:35 PM
bmaez
Driver

Just wanted to update that I gave the car to a local dealer for 22K. I feel this was far below what the car was worth but I just couldn't find an interested buyer. All my resources gotten multiple view but no serious inquires.

Use caution If you plan on selling through craigslist, there are a lot of shady people out there.
Old 06-18-15, 04:07 PM
antonios32
Rookie

congrats on selling it! That IS was clean!!!
Old 06-18-15, 06:21 PM
cruzinZ
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck on the sale. All it takes is the right buyer to come along. Advertising it is the only way to get it out there. Might look into a consignment lot to help if you have another vehicle to drive.
Old 06-18-15, 08:13 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bmaez

Use caution If you plan on selling through craigslist, there are a lot of shady people out there.
^^^^^^ yup #1 line is "I'm really interested send me an email... I want to send you a paypal payment immediately and I will arrange for someone to pick it up for me. Please send me your Paypal address and I will secure a payment right away".

Usually get this in the first 15min of posting... effin scammers... I'm tempted to take a paypal payment and then immediately close that account lol.

Glad to see u got it sold so u can move on to the next.
Old 06-19-15, 05:53 PM
bpguns
Driver School Candidate

Damn I had been looking at your car for the past 2 weeks debating whether to get in contact with you. I wasn't too keen on a private sale due to concerns about financing a private deal. That's too bad, looked like a great car at a good price. Glad you were able to get it sold either way.
Old 06-20-15, 09:40 AM
cruzinZ
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bpguns
Damn I had been looking at your car for the past 2 weeks debating whether to get in contact with you. I wasn't too keen on a private sale due to concerns about financing a private deal. That's too bad, looked like a great car at a good price. Glad you were able to get it sold either way.
bpguns,

Don't worry about financing. You can save yourself money on private party vs stealerships or used car lots. You'll also get to talk with the owner and find out about its service history and any issues it may have. Dealerships or used car lots are only a gamble as you won't get to talk to the previous owner.

To save even more you can shop around credit unions in your area and get a good rate for financing. After you get the loan you want go down and pick up a cashiers check for the car. Have the check made out to the seller "or" you. This way if it doesn't work out you return the check to the credit union and "put the money back". Next step is registering the used vehicle. Go down to the DMV and bring your check book. They will want to collect fees and maybe sales taxes at the time of transferring the registration into your name.
Old 06-20-15, 05:47 PM
bmaez
Driver

Originally Posted by bpguns
That's unfortunate. I can assure you that you missed out on an extremely well cared for garage kept car that came with all the maintenance records and a provided CarFax. The car has been on the market since February and I just couldn't understand why it was so difficult to get a private party purchase but your finance comments and comments from others led me to believe that this just wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

I think maybe there is an added level of comfort in buying a 25K car from a dealership and maybe its easier to finance through a used car lot rather than a credit union.
Old 06-20-15, 05:50 PM
bmaez
Driver

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
^^^^^^ yup #1 line is "I'm really interested send me an email... I want to send you a paypal payment immediately and I will arrange for someone to pick it up for me. Please send me your Paypal address and I will secure a payment right away".

Usually get this in the first 15min of posting... effin scammers... I'm tempted to take a paypal payment and then immediately close that account lol.

Glad to see u got it sold so u can move on to the next.
Once I ask for all payments to go though my credit union their replies quickly stopped.
Old 06-20-15, 06:57 PM
bpguns
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bmaez
That's unfortunate. I can assure you that you missed out on an extremely well cared for garage kept car that came with all the maintenance records and a provided CarFax. The car has been on the market since February and I just couldn't understand why it was so difficult to get a private party purchase but your finance comments and comments from others led me to believe that this just wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

I think maybe there is an added level of comfort in buying a 25K car from a dealership and maybe its easier to finance through a used car lot rather than a credit union.
I was always under the impression, perhaps mistakenly, that it was harder to get approval for financing if it was a private purchase. The other big factor for me was that in GA if we trade and buy at the same place, we only pay tax on the difference. So for me that would end up saving like $1000 versus trading and buying separately. Plus it's a 9 hour drive back to Atlanta