Thinking of Selling 2013 IS350 for Accord Hybrid 2015

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 02:27 PM
eplugplay
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Selling 2013 IS350 for Accord Hybrid 2015

Hey guys,

Just wanted your opinion. My car has reached 42k miles already and fully paid off just after 2 years. I'm curious on what do you guys think about me trading in evenly straight up for a Honda Accord Hybrid 2015 model? I know oil prices are the lowest its been but maintenance cost + less fuel cost + starting at 100 miles on the odometer sounds appealing to me for a daily driver.

Anyone here own a hybrid and don't think its worth it?
Old 05-09-15, 05:25 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Since it sounds like you do quite a bit of traveling on the road, it might be a good idea for you IN THIS CASE to get something with better fuel mileage.

Are you firm on just looking at the Accord Hybrid or willing to look at others?
Old 05-09-15, 05:44 PM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
Since it sounds like you do quite a bit of traveling on the road, it might be a good idea for you IN THIS CASE to get something with better fuel mileage.

Are you firm on just looking at the Accord Hybrid or willing to look at others?
Yes I am pretty firm on the Honda Accord hybrid as I've read a lot of good reviews especially the 50mpg sounds the appealing to me. I guess I'll have to go test drive one.
Old 05-09-15, 06:21 PM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

why no ct200h? pretty good on MPG too.
honestly i dont' think i'll purchase another honda/acura, i purchased a brand new 2014 mdx and their build quality is horrible. FYI, it's built in USA!
Old 05-09-15, 08:46 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How horrible! Want to sell your car to me maybe? PM me pricing info.
Old 05-09-15, 10:00 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Interesting thread.

I've put 130,000 miles on my 2010 IS 250 AWD and have gotten the "maybe I should try a hybrid" bug over the last month.

Yes...I put 30k miles per year on my DD. I used to use a new Civic for work but sold that after 3yrs when it hit 100k.

I literally was just looking at the Accord Hybrid online as it is the #1 rated hybrid in every publication.

Haven't looked at any or driven any in person except a loaner CT many times.

I'm thinking the CT looks like a great option....but a Civic or Accord hybrid might be a smarter option.

Money isn't really a problem. I just get sick of the constant tires and fuel costs of my IS.

Then again....my IS will be paid off in 2 months....and I'm not sure what to do....
Old 05-10-15, 08:11 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

That many miles driven must be alot of highway miles. Check the hwy MPG on these hybrids. Most are not much better than the gas counterparts. Stop and go and in town is where the big gains happen.
Old 05-10-15, 09:11 AM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by jgr7
That many miles driven must be alot of highway miles. Check the hwy MPG on these hybrids. Most are not much better than the gas counterparts. Stop and go and in town is where the big gains happen.
You're correct I'd say 85% of the time it is highway miles but then 60% of those hwy miles I still consider city miles as traffic sucks here in Houston and it's always a stop and go situation even on the freeway.

From what I've read it seems that driving the freeway lowers the mpg to around 42-44 and of course in the city to around 50-55 mpg. I've even read some people getting as high as 62 mpg.

Last edited by eplugplay; 05-10-15 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-10-15, 01:50 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont know about the 2015 hybrid but i drive now a 2014 accord coupe, and it bumpy and just a crappy ride.

I came from GS but still, i have owned a 2012 accord, nad it nothing like that. My wife drives a 2015 civic, even that penut drives better than accord.

My biggest grudge is how bumpy it feels. All day long i jump up and down. Nonstop.
Old 05-10-15, 02:15 PM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by FastTags
Dont know about the 2015 hybrid but i drive now a 2014 accord coupe, and it bumpy and just a crappy ride.

I came from GS but still, i have owned a 2012 accord, nad it nothing like that. My wife drives a 2015 civic, even that penut drives better than accord.

My biggest grudge is how bumpy it feels. All day long i jump up and down. Nonstop.
It's interesting that you mention that. My cousin drove a v6 accord 2014 before buying his car and he said that thing made weird acceleration noises and was really uncomfortable and was really harsh as well. I'm curious if the sedan will ride better.
Old 05-10-15, 05:08 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Any thought to waiting for the new Tesla model to be released later this year instead of the Accord?
Old 05-10-15, 06:05 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So you won't be coming out of pocket? Try driving it and see if it feels good.
Old 05-11-15, 06:03 AM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
So you won't be coming out of pocket? Try driving it and see if it feels good.
I'm not exactly sure, I have a friend at Honda and he asked his manager a rough estimate of my car after having asked a few questions in regards to my car's condition. He said around $29,500 but my friend said to take it to Car Max first to get a quote since sometimes they could give me $500-$1000 more or to Texas Auto Buyers and the dealership will match the quote. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.

Last edited by eplugplay; 05-11-15 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 08:25 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by eplugplay
I'm not exactly sure, I have a friend at Honda and he asked his manager a rough estimate of my car after having asked a few questions in regards to my car's condition. He said around $29,500 but my friend said to take it to Car Max first to get a quote since sometimes they could give me $500-$1000 more or to Texas Auto Buyers and the dealership will match the quote. I guess I'll find out on Tuesday.
I'd be curious to hear how you make out. Not sure how good a friend your Honda guy is, but I've certainly heard lots of times that a salesman will quote a crazy high (but non-binding) number for the value of your trade to lure you into the dealership. Then, when you come in and are actually ready to buy they'll either make up difference some other way (e.g., by pocketing a factory-to-dealer incentive that you don't know about), or if that doesn't work, just offer you a lower number when they actually appraise your trade.
Old 05-11-15, 08:45 AM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
I'd be curious to hear how you make out. Not sure how good a friend your Honda guy is, but I've certainly heard lots of times that a salesman will quote a crazy high (but non-binding) number for the value of your trade to lure you into the dealership. Then, when you come in and are actually ready to buy they'll either make up difference some other way (e.g., by pocketing a factory-to-dealer incentive that you don't know about), or if that doesn't work, just offer you a lower number when they actually appraise your trade.
I've contacted about 3 Honda dealership the past 2 days and they all range a little different. One guy said that you should never buy Luxury vehicles because they're values are horrible in his email and told me that the possibility of me trading in my 2 year old Lexus for a mid level Accord EX-L hybrid wouldn't be possible.

I emailed him back that I'd probably go visit CarMax to get a quote, or Texas Auto Buyers and I've been talking to another Honda Dealership and he emailed back 2 times asking for me to visit as he could work something out.

I know my car has reached 42k miles but didn't think it would drop this much in value or this tough to trade it in for an Accord! Lol. There is one guy near my work (far side of town but on the way to work/home) that I could visit just to see what he could offer. I might visit him tonight or tomorrow (Since I'm taking the day off for a doctors visit and shopping around).

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling 2013 IS350 for Accord Hybrid 2015