IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wife drove over a small pothole and the damage was $10,153. Lexus IS 250 please look

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-15, 03:29 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUCKER
How am I threatening every is owner? I'm just letting people know I'm letting the cat out the bag, pulling the rabbit out the hat, pulling back the curtain and revealing the wizard behind this circus show.

You think I can legitimately sleep at night knowing these people are going to take full advantage of the next generation of future is owners because they blatantly want to hold back this information for no reason other than selfish personal financial gain? That is shady business practice if you ask me, yet you're trying to flip the script and make me out to be the bad guy? Hell outa here. As far as I'm concerned I'm the Robin Hood of this epidemic.

So in reality it's you who is taking advantage of fellow is'ers, as the people you're selling them to once you hand over the keys, are apart of our family. So no, what you all may do as a result of this newfound information isn't and won't be very nice.

This guy must be bored with absolutely no life.

Anyway... This is crazy, I would have never thought something like this would happen to Lexus. I've recently purchased my car and to be honest, I would do it again. Mainly because I had a bunch of equity in the car, but this car has been great to me. If this ever happens to me I will get a different car.
Old 05-07-15, 03:33 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Yeah, oddly, even with all of the "issues" I've had, it's still the best all-around car I've ever had.
Old 05-07-15, 05:36 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 139 Posts

i bet most cars do but this caught my eye of how much the car flex.. actually i park on a perfectly flat surface and then go find a uneven parking surface and then look at the trunk lid and u can actually see when the 2IS is park on an uneven surface the trunk lid is out of alignment that is how much flex the 2IS have
Old 05-08-15, 08:09 PM
Pyramid
Driver

You all might want to dump your 2is's off now, because I'm spamming Craigslist's across the country letting everyone know of this structural defect so your alls cars aren't going to be worth even $10k at this point, especially if a $10k dent repair essentially "totals" them.

That way you all can't try to dump your problem off on someone else without them knowing beforehand, and not overpaying for your compromised vehicles. Most people wouldn't even notice it from the naked eye and you might've been able to pass the issue off on them as a golf ball landed on it and got close to full asking price for it. But not on my watch you're not. Not if I got something to say about it.

I'm not going to stand by and sit idle to hear a report of someone rolling their used 2is and having their roof cave completely in on them because a small dent caused a weak point in the entire roof structure causing it to fail and collapse crushing everyone inside.

No offense but your cars are worth their weight in scrap metal at this point, and expect $5-10k in value decrease thanks to this newfound knowledge. Nothing but salvage titles at this point as far as I'm concerned, they all have frame damage.
Sir, put the bottle down and repeat after me. I will not post anymore silly comments on this form. I will not post anymore silly comments on this forum. I will not post anymore silly comments on this forum.
Old 05-08-15, 09:10 PM
RUCKER
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you all have a problem with what my plans are then you can cancel your subscription to Car & Driver magazine for all I care.

It's a free country I'm allowed to do what I wish as long as it's not illegal and doesn't hurt anybody. I'm not slandering people or their vehicles, I'm simply speaking the truth and stating fact about the potential predisposed condition of these particular models.

I have noticed is250's and 350's being sold, where most people are blatantly avoiding adding roof pictures as well as pictures showing how the hood lines up. So I'm going to do my own investigative work and line up times to view their cars under the pretense I'm a potential buyer but instead I will personally inspect each and every is250 and 350 within a 60-80 mile radius that are for sale on craigslist so I can with certainty create a mirrored ad within all the other listings warning people of this issue and to stay away from the certain vehicles I deemed hazardous and overpriced. I will let everyone know of all the compromised vehicles I've found and compile/catalog them for others. And if the owners don't update their ads with that information I will start flagging their ads off craigslist altogether.

I'm not here to play games. I'm not going to allow people to misrepresent their cars for profit if I have something to say about it. And after I personally inspect their vehicles, if they then still try to sell the vehicle for same price and fail to acknowledge its fatal flaw, then I know they are shady people who do shady business, which gives me full right to forewarn others and flag their ads down off Craigslist.

So why you all are trying to make me out to be the bad guy is what has me dumbfounded. I'd like to know why you all are trying to keep this under wraps and not giving praise for doing the right thing.
Old 05-08-15, 10:19 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

So why you all are trying to make me out to be the bad guy is what has me dumbfounded.
Because you're a DARN FOOL

Lou
Old 05-08-15, 10:45 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I don't have a sunroof my 2010 vert is fine so far. Looked at the fenders and nothing seems amiss. Lord knows I've hit some righteous pot holes.
Unrelated but on topic just today in my RX I hit one that dropped the SUV a good bit. Glad I wasn't in the convertible.
Old 05-08-15, 11:44 PM
jaime1982
Rookie

How am I threatening every is owner? I'm just letting people know I'm letting the cat out the bag, pulling the rabbit out the hat, pulling back the curtain and revealing the wizard behind this circus show.

You think I can legitimately sleep at night knowing these people are going to take full advantage of the next generation of future is owners because they blatantly want to hold back this information for no reason other than selfish personal financial gain? That is shady business practice if you ask me, yet you're trying to flip the script and make me out to be the bad guy? Hell outa here. As far as I'm concerned I'm the Robin Hood of this epidemic.

So in reality it's you who is taking advantage of fellow is'ers, as the people you're selling them to once you hand over the keys, are apart of our family. So no, what you all may do as a result of this newfound information isn't and won't be very nice.
Your comments are hilarious. Have you seen whats going on in the US lately? Maybe we can send you to Baltimore lol.
Old 05-09-15, 06:12 AM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This whole thread has gotten out of hand BUT great to read and laugh. In Dec I hit a pothole, on the 84, and that ***** hit hard. My IS has no body damage. Also got lucky enough to have the county pay for my damaged hre's. Whoop whoop.
Old 05-09-15, 06:45 AM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have noticed is250's and 350's being sold, where most people are blatantly avoiding adding roof pictures as well as pictures showing how the hood lines up. So I'm going to do my own investigative work and line up times to view their cars under the pretense I'm a potential buyer but instead I will personally inspect each and every is250 and 350 within a 60-80 mile radius that are for sale on craigslist so I can with certainty create a mirrored ad within all the other listings warning people of this issue and to stay away from the certain vehicles I deemed hazardous and overpriced. I will let everyone know of all the compromised vehicles I've found and compile/catalog them for others. And if the owners don't update their ads with that information I will start flagging their ads off craigslist altogether.
Have fun with that. Mental health care really has taken a backburner over here in CA. We do get all the crazies who move out here though.
Do you by chance wear a tin foil hat to block the voices in your head?
Old 05-09-15, 10:29 AM
tugzvr6
Driver School Candidate

I jumped my IS off a cliff, no body damage, no roof dents... Great car, super strong chassis...I'm going to advertise this to everyone selling an IS on Craig's list and Kijiji to tell them to raise their selling price...cuz I have no life

Last edited by tugzvr6; 05-09-15 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-09-15, 10:31 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

now, that's a customer testimony I can stand by lol
Old 05-09-15, 11:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Guys knock off the rude and personal commentary or exit this thread
Old 05-10-15, 12:00 PM
Cyanide52
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue with the roof dent and my hood and fenders aren't aligned , one thing I did to align them better is adjusting the hood stopper it's a rubber screw , when I maxed it out it made it a bit less noticeable
Old 05-10-15, 12:09 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the hood slightly not centered. Never thought too much about it

Quick Reply: Wife drove over a small pothole and the damage was $10,153. Lexus IS 250 please look