IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone install figs front lower rear mount #2???

Old 04-23-15, 01:31 PM
avinad
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install figs front lower rear mount #2???

Hey just got the figs front lower rear mount to help with the toe issues and sloppiness in the oem bushing. Has anyone on here done the install themselves? If so how difficult is it? I have all tools necessary but just want input on whether it's a pain or hassle to install or if it's somewhat easy. Just debating on whether to pay for install or just diy

Thanks in advance
Old 04-23-15, 02:30 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you get just the bushings or the bushings installed in brackets? That makes a pretty significant difference on the difficulty of the install.

Installing the brackets is a straightforward nuts and bolts affair. Pressing the old bushings out and the FIGS bushings into your brackets is another story.
Old 04-23-15, 02:53 PM
avinad
Rookie

Oops sorry I got the whole bushing and bracket together so it'll just be bolt on
Old 04-23-15, 04:31 PM
boystar22
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Took about two hours to install mine on a Saturday morning taking my time. I needed a pry bar and a second person to pry the LCA down to slide the old bushings off and put the new ones on but other than that it was easy. They handling is different as the understeer in reduced but the car doesn't ride any rougher than before (I have f-sport springs and shocks).
Old 04-23-15, 04:35 PM
avinad
Rookie

Originally Posted by boystar22
Took about two hours to install mine on a Saturday morning taking my time. I needed a pry bar and a second person to pry the LCA down to slide the old bushings off and put the new ones on but other than that it was easy. They handling is different as the understeer in reduced but the car doesn't ride any rougher than before (I have f-sport springs and shocks).
So you didn't take off the complete arm off?? I noticied it won't slide straight off as it'll hit the block or whatever it is that's there. So you just used a pry bar to lower the arm past that piece that won't let the bushing slide off?
Old 04-27-15, 02:44 AM
boystar22
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by avinad
So you didn't take off the complete arm off?? I noticied it won't slide straight off as it'll hit the block or whatever it is that's there. So you just used a pry bar to lower the arm past that piece that won't let the bushing slide off?
Sorry for the late reply; correct I just left the arm on the car and pried it down far enough to slide the old ones off and the new ones on.
Old 04-28-15, 02:16 PM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Same here, I left the arms on the car and used a persuader to get the job done.
Old 04-28-15, 02:52 PM
andper10
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by avinad
Correct. I used the spare tire wrench to pry with and it will do, but I also had to have someone else slide the old bracket out and the new bracket in while I was prying. A larger pry bar might make it easier to do by yourself.