Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Anyone install figs front lower rear mount #2???

Old 04-23-15, 01:31 PM   #1
avinad
Rookie
Trader Score: (5)

@cocodrilo88
Default Anyone install figs front lower rear mount #2???

Hey just got the figs front lower rear mount to help with the toe issues and sloppiness in the oem bushing. Has anyone on here done the install themselves? If so how difficult is it? I have all tools necessary but just want input on whether it's a pain or hassle to install or if it's somewhat easy. Just debating on whether to pay for install or just diy

Thanks in advance
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
avinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 02:30 PM   #2
WylieKylie
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Did you get just the bushings or the bushings installed in brackets? That makes a pretty significant difference on the difficulty of the install.

Installing the brackets is a straightforward nuts and bolts affair. Pressing the old bushings out and the FIGS bushings into your brackets is another story.
WylieKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 02:53 PM   #3
avinad
Rookie

@cocodrilo88

Oops sorry I got the whole bushing and bracket together so it'll just be bolt on
Old 04-23-15, 04:31 PM   #4
boystar22
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

boystar22 boystar22

Took about two hours to install mine on a Saturday morning taking my time. I needed a pry bar and a second person to pry the LCA down to slide the old bushings off and put the new ones on but other than that it was easy. They handling is different as the understeer in reduced but the car doesn't ride any rougher than before (I have f-sport springs and shocks).
2009 IS 250 SGM RWD: F Sport Shocks - F Sport Springs - F Sport Sways - Trunk Spoiler - Roof Spoiler - F Sport Intake - Figs LCA Bushings - Smartcard Key - Yellow Fogs - 30% Window Tint - 70% Windshield Tint - Weathertech Floormats
boystar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 04:35 PM   #5
avinad
Rookie

@cocodrilo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by boystar22 View Post
Took about two hours to install mine on a Saturday morning taking my time. I needed a pry bar and a second person to pry the LCA down to slide the old bushings off and put the new ones on but other than that it was easy. They handling is different as the understeer in reduced but the car doesn't ride any rougher than before (I have f-sport springs and shocks).
So you didn't take off the complete arm off?? I noticied it won't slide straight off as it'll hit the block or whatever it is that's there. So you just used a pry bar to lower the arm past that piece that won't let the bushing slide off?
Old 04-23-15, 04:35 PM