IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Saw RC350 on the Road for the First Time, Not Impressed

Old 04-16-15, 05:51 AM
eplugplay
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw RC350 on the Road for the First Time, Not Impressed

Hey guys,

This is not a thread for the hate of the RC350 or any new Lexus vehicles but I thought I'd post just to show my opinion and see if anyone else agrees with me.

I saw the RC350 on the road today for the first time but for some reason I wasn't very impressed. I actually thought the 2014 IS350's look so much better in design than the RC350. Something about the RC350's design didn't stand out much and had a little bulgy look to it as well. It kind of reminded me (and dont hate me for saying it) a Toyota type car fancied up look (no pun intended lol).

I say this because I think the IS, GS, and of course the LS lines creates the huge gap between the Toyota and a Lexus.

Anyone else feel the same way? I literally felt like I was looking at a new Toyota Celica'ish fancied up car that was more like meh~

I've seen how much the RC350's run and done some research but I don't know why anyone would want it. It's look doesn't really have that WOW factor and I hear its actually heavier and slower than a 2IS, especially in the 54k-55k range and for that much might as well get a GS350 or an IS350 Fsport.
Old 04-16-15, 09:36 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I like it lol
Old 04-16-15, 09:38 AM
eplugplay
Driver

Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me after the second iteration.
Old 04-16-15, 10:09 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by eplugplay
Who knows, maybe it'll grow on me after the second iteration.
Well first time i saw the rcf i was like whoaaaaa shiiiiiiiiiii
Old 04-16-15, 10:18 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Same feeling. And the RC350 is slowwww.

RCF is nice though and plenty powerful, but wish it was lighter.
Old 04-16-15, 10:29 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

My opinion : Blows away any IS I've ever saw
Old 04-16-15, 10:56 AM
Pyramid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally agree. I saw my first (white on red interior) RC-F the other day. I was not impressed at all. No lie. I'll take the last model IS-F over the RC-F any day.

Not to derail. Similar to the new 2015 BMW M4 (coupe)...not impressed at all. However, the 2015 M3 (sedan) SO SICK!!!
Old 04-16-15, 11:17 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Maybe because we all own sedan we are bias towards sedan.

But I don't really like how the RC350 looks. I feel like Lexus does a poor job of designing coupes versus sedans. I really like the design of the BMW f32 335 or m4.
Old 04-16-15, 11:48 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

The RC350 need wheels and a drop to bring out the design. The stock ride height and wheel design don't get the car Justice.

Out of the box the RCF looks badass

Case in point.

These are both 350. The body design is much better then the BMW. This is bold and stylish and makes a statement. Where the BMW 335 and m4 looks like a BMW take it or leave it.

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 04-16-15 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-16-15, 01:06 PM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
The RC350 need wheels and a drop to bring out the design. The stock ride height and wheel design don't get the car Justice.

Case in point.

These are both 350. The body design is much better then the BMW. This is bold and stylish and makes a statement. Where the BMW 335 and m4 looks like a BMW take it or leave it.
:O jesus those RC's definitely need to be lowered.. is that a widebody on the first pic?
Old 04-16-15, 01:11 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Maybe because we all own sedan we are bias towards sedan.

But I don't really like how the RC350 looks. I feel like Lexus does a poor job of designing coupes versus sedans. I really like the design of the BMW f32 335 or m4.
I'm just gonna leave these POOR JOBS here for you

Old 04-16-15, 01:56 PM
eplugplay
Driver

Case in point.

i don't know why but looking at the pictures still doesn't give me any of that WOW factor. Maybe I am bias towards sedans as to the coupe. For some reason I feel like something is missing from the RC350, like the rest of the second half (***) has been chopped off and only the head of the snake remains lol.

Also the shape of the car for some reason doesn't do it for me, for example the body looks like its a fat/plump snake lol. I'm referring specifically to the way the front hood curves/bulges upwards.

Last edited by eplugplay; 04-16-15 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-16-15, 01:59 PM
eplugplay
Driver

I'm just gonna leave these POOR JOBS here for you

This is a nice pic of the RC-F but when I saw the RC350 in person, I didn't get the same reaction as looking at this picture. Either the color/angle of the picture (good photography) makes this car looks awesome or I better take a second look in real life? But that picture does look very nice and clean.
Old 04-16-15, 02:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by eplugplay
i don't know why but looking at the pictures still doesn't give me any of that WOW factor. Maybe I am bias towards sedans as to the coupe. For some reason I feel like something is missing from the RC350, like the rest of the second half (***) has been chopped off and only the head of the snake remains lol.

Also the shape of the car for some reason doesn't do it for me, for example the body looks like its a fat/plump snake lol. I'm referring specifically to the way the front hood curves/bulges upwards.
If you feel like the butt is missing you're def a sedan man. The big deal about coupes is the long sloping hood, short rear deck and sleek silhouette. The RC350 has all 3 of these characteristics. What is missing from the factory is better designed wheels to bring it out. Offsets suck too. Tell me this doesn't look way better:

Old 04-16-15, 02:50 PM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
If you feel like the butt is missing you're def a sedan man. The big deal about coupes is the long sloping hood, short rear deck and sleek silhouette. The RC350 has all 3 of these characteristics. What is missing from the factory is better designed wheels to bring it out. Offsets suck too. Tell me this doesn't look way better:

Lol, I guess I am a sedan man after all. I also think its because it reminds me of my civic coupe that I've driven for 13 years before I bought my IS350 and I told myself no more coupes in the future.

Also the back with the small spoiler makes it look like a Celica in a way (which isn't so bad). But I guess the shorten length of the RC350 is playing tricks with my mind, I keep seeing it as its missing something or the second half has been chopped off, lol. Like a small dwarf version of the regular sized IS350 that only grew on the top portion of the car instead of the back.

I have a feeling in one of the iterations, they will slim down the front portion and make it sleeker. I think that would look better.

Last edited by eplugplay; 04-16-15 at 02:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw RC350 on the Road for the First Time, Not Impressed