IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Saw RC350 on the Road for the First Time, Not Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 10:03 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by eplugplay
Also the back with the small spoiler makes it look like a Celica in a way (which isn't so bad). But I guess the shorten length of the RC350 is playing tricks with my mind, I keep seeing it as its missing something or the second half has been chopped off, lol.
The steeply raked rear window and short trunk kind of reminds me of the hatchbacks I drove many years ago (e.g., my Eagle Talon).

I like the look of the RC350. I also think Toyota does a great job styling their sporty coupes -- the Scion FR-S looks gorgeous to my eyes, so saying that the RC takes design cues from sporty Toyotas is not necessarily a bad thing...
Old 04-16-15, 10:36 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

I actually have the money to purchase just about any car I would want for a DD. I was super excited to look at the RC 350 as it looked so amazing in photos. Plus, my IS is almost 5yrs old (with 130k miles) and will be paid off in 4 months so I'm always thinking about a new car.

For the record, I love the new IS. It is sexy as F. I hate nuluxe, though....and Lexus leather. I have the upgraded semi-aniline in my is 250 AWD.

After seeing the new RC350 all I could think about was that it looked like an overpriced Nissan Altima Coupe.

I am waiting for them to offer semi-aniline mid-cycle on the IS and will most likely just buy another one new.
Old 05-18-15, 08:46 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I don't like is the performance-sapping few hundred extra pounds of weight over the gen2 IS350. HP is same at 306.
Old 05-18-15, 10:21 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love the RC F and like the RC350. I think they look great and interior. They should boost the power to 320-330 HP.
Old 05-18-15, 10:22 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
I actually have the money to purchase just about any car I would want for a DD. I was super excited to look at the RC 350 as it looked so amazing in photos. Plus, my IS is almost 5yrs old (with 130k miles) and will be paid off in 4 months so I'm always thinking about a new car.

For the record, I love the new IS. It is sexy as F. I hate nuluxe, though....and Lexus leather. I have the upgraded semi-aniline in my is 250 AWD.

After seeing the new RC350 all I could think about was that it looked like an overpriced Nissan Altima Coupe.

I am waiting for them to offer semi-aniline mid-cycle on the IS and will most likely just buy another one new.
How about RCF? That thing is sexy.
Old 05-19-15, 10:36 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did not like it in the beginning but man, once I see the orange and the blue color ones, damn, I'm WOWWW!!! Also, the RCF seats are just so good looking that I want to replace all my car seats with the RCF seats.
Old 05-19-15, 10:39 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

If I were in the same boat having the money to purchase any car, I would daily a Lexus LFA. I keep day dreaming about it. Imagining driving a LFA to work everyday
Old 05-19-15, 11:24 AM
jennie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the car looks pretty nice but I think the new front ends for all Lexus' are terrible. My favorite part of the RC is the rear, especially the RCF. The side view looks too much like a Honda Accord.
Old 05-19-15, 01:44 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

I didn't like the new IS, RC, or NX at first but they took some time to grow on me. Lexus designs have been really polarizing lately and kinda make other cars look dull and old.
Old 05-19-15, 02:59 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The latest gen of Lexus models (with bold grills, etc.) are selling at higher rate then the cars they replaced.

I'm guessing the new C-class coupe will have outstanding style, still TBD....
Old 05-19-15, 11:40 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
If I were in the same boat having the money to purchase any car, I would daily a Lexus LFA. I keep day dreaming about it. Imagining driving a LFA to work everyday
I'm not THAT wealthy. Lol.

But I could afford to spend $2-3k/month on car payments. The problem is that my need of a DD involves 30k miles/yr as I work all over the state of Arizona. I am thinking my next DD will be a hybrid or another Civic.

I had a 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP and a 1999 Ferrari F355 Spider F1 when I bought the IS 250 new in 2010, which is why I went with the 250 over the 350. I had a Ferrari in the garage for fun driving.
Old 05-20-15, 07:51 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Regarding RC, I've seen a few on road lately.
Old 05-20-15, 09:51 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I'm not THAT wealthy. Lol.

But I could afford to spend $2-3k/month on car payments. The problem is that my need of a DD involves 30k miles/yr as I work all over the state of Arizona. I am thinking my next DD will be a hybrid or another Civic.

I had a 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP and a 1999 Ferrari F355 Spider F1 when I bought the IS 250 new in 2010, which is why I went with the 250 over the 350. I had a Ferrari in the garage for fun driving.
Get a Tesla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car has everything luxury, performance, use no gas, look good, high tech. In fact, I'm thinking about upgrading my current Lexus to either: ISF, M3 or Tesla all of which will be daily drive.

I see a bunch of youngsters in my area daily Ferrari, Lambo, Audi R8, Nissan GTR, BMW M6, Porsche 911 etc because I see them almost everyday on the road. They show up more often on the weekends. However, I NEVER see an LFA in my area as of yet so yeah still day dreaming about daily my LFA to work. Once I hit my lotto, the first thing is buying the LFA with Nurburgring package. Back to reality now...
Old 05-20-15, 10:39 AM
eplugplay
Driver

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Get a Tesla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car has everything luxury, performance, use no gas, look good, high tech. In fact, I'm thinking about upgrading my current Lexus to either: ISF, M3 or Tesla all of which will be daily drive.

I see a bunch of youngsters in my area daily Ferrari, Lambo, Audi R8, Nissan GTR, BMW M6, Porsche 911 etc because I see them almost everyday on the road. They show up more often on the weekends. However, I NEVER see an LFA in my area as of yet so yeah still day dreaming about daily my LFA to work. Once I hit my lotto, the first thing is buying the LFA with Nurburgring package. Back to reality now...
Man what do you guys do for a living? CEO of your own companies? Lol. I know small business owners that earn 500k to almost a million a year and they don't drive nearly as good vehicles as those. Ironically most millionaire people that I know drive Honda Accords or beat up cars, lol.

I have a cousin who's the CEO of Prima Cinema http://www.primacinema.com and I think he still drives his 1999 silver Honda Accord around.

Last edited by eplugplay; 05-20-15 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-20-15, 11:00 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eplugplay
Man what do you guys do for a living? CEO of your own companies? Lol. I know small business owners that earn 500k to almost a million a year and they don't drive nearly as good vehicles as those. Ironically most millionaire people that I know drive Honda Accords or beat up cars, lol.

I have a cousin who's the CEO of Prima Cinema http://www.primacinema.com and I think he still drives his 1999 silver Honda Accord around.
From my personal experience, millionaires can careless about what car they drive. Most of them just see it as transportation. Why spend 100k when a 20k Honda Civic that is more reliable, can you get you to point A to point B?

Also, most executives of large companies usually just drive their beater to work. They usually have their nicer car stashed in their garage.

Quick Reply: Saw RC350 on the Road for the First Time, Not Impressed