IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How can people afford all their mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 07:12 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyramid
I buy all my stuff from China. Just don't tell your friends you got replica parts and you'll be golden.
Replicas just don't do it for me personally and the cool friends can always tell lol ^_^ but you'll save a lil.

Save and strike strategically on authenticity.
Old 04-21-15, 05:54 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Brands
R.I.P. Paul Walker aKa Brian O'conner
+1 on RIP..

The actual quote was from Vin Diesel aka Dominic T.
Old 04-21-15, 11:39 AM
Pyramid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Replicas just don't do it for me personally and the cool friends can always tell lol ^_^ but you'll save a lil.

I hear ya Mike...nothing better than real stuff, that is if you can afford. I'm on a government budget brother. I'm lucky if I can afford to buy real F sport key chain.

On serious note...

Can you really tell if the guy is rocking authentic Wald (rear spoiler) or replica? Because I honestly can't. tell the difference.
Old 04-21-15, 11:50 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Young (different priorities)
Decent job
Giving your car up fro R&D (free production parts)
Hawking classified and craigslist
Single, no kids
Patience
Tax return
Old 04-21-15, 01:48 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyramid

On serious note...

Can you really tell if the guy is rocking authentic Wald (rear spoiler) or replica? Because I honestly can't. tell the difference.
ehhh yeah and no lol. You gotta really be up on someone's car looking at the lineup of the edges... some replica pieces are a lot easier to spot though. If it's molded and painted i doubt anyone would care if its a rep cause they'd be giving for molding it.

we all start somewhere... i've bought replica stuff on other cars in the past and it eventually lost its spark for me. There is something special about saving for a piece that not everyone is willing to pay for. Taba grill on my GS was $550 and only about 25 in the U.S. at the time. The ISX50 has some expensive authentic parts that I'd love to own but honestly scared to buy cause there is always stuff on the road in my commute. I wanted to order an authentic LX Mode front lip with the badge in the center but it was going to be around $1100 shipped.

----- correction ^^^ just got an estimate for $840 shipped but 8 to 12 weeks for delivery since they are made by order. That changes everything lol ^_^

Just saying the real thing carries a different kind of weight. If you are patient enough to save up and buy authentic it will feel different because you worked harder to get it. just my opinion though.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 04-21-15 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-21-15, 06:53 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 322 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JV6
I believe I see you driving in Langley area sometimes, I guess that's when work flies you back home for your days off right .
i usually do a night drive when i am back and i do drive by langley, well used to, i used to drive on fraser hwy but that train tracks on the bypass suck... now i stay on hwy 1 and take south perimeter road... i do this everytime i am home just to burn off crap in the car or just to get fluids move around instead doing nothing sitting around...
Old 04-23-15, 04:41 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx

I know what you mean. In some instances it makes sense to buy a rep, like say if you were molding a wald style spoiler. I knew a guy who would drive me nuts with the replica topic, literally everything had to be cheap or replicated to save money. The guy went as far as throwing f-sport badges on a non f-sport car and bbs center caps on reps. I get it, some of us are strapped on cash (such as myself), but i much rather wait and save up for the real thing than to fake the funk. Its also much more rewarding.
Old 04-23-15, 07:49 AM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RichFlair
I know what you mean. In some instances it makes sense to buy a rep, like say if you were molding a wald style spoiler. I knew a guy who would drive me nuts with the replica topic, literally everything had to be cheap or replicated to save money. The guy went as far as throwing f-sport badges on a non f-sport car and bbs center caps on reps. I get it, some of us are strapped on cash (such as myself), but i much rather wait and save up for the real thing than to fake the funk. Its also much more rewarding.
I personally don't have anything against reps, hell I even have a couple rep parts myself but it's when people try to pass them off as authentic is when it's a big nope
Old 04-29-15, 03:18 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
+1 on RIP..

The actual quote was from Vin Diesel aka Dominic T.
haha i know i just thought of paul when he said that
Old 04-29-15, 05:36 PM
trooke
Driver School Candidate

Good job, no family to pay for, monitor my spending on other things pretty heavily... Don't go out as much as I used to and found a roommate to split rent with
Old 04-29-15, 05:43 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paid for home, paid for cars, zero debt so spending money on car parts is no problem. Plus a good paying job makes it easy
Old 04-30-15, 01:31 AM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nikogio38
Paid for home, paid for cars, zero debt so spending money on car parts is no problem. Plus a good paying job makes it easy
Why would you have a job, especially high paying one, and not a mortgage on your house, to write off?
Old 04-30-15, 06:29 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just sell parts of my lambo that's paid off already and rent out the basement of my house already paid off...yea that's how I do it .
Old 04-30-15, 08:57 AM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xhackr
Why would you have a job, especially high paying one, and not a mortgage on your house, to write off?
Its piece of mind I have no debt...plus im going be renting out the home I currently live in and upgrade myself to something new.
Old 04-30-15, 09:21 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by daileycon
Start your own side business and don't tell your wife.
Ecstasy is a good market to get into!

Quick Reply: How can people afford all their mods?