IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A week review with my New to me IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-15, 10:03 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cop pulled me over tonight... said he couldn't see my temp paper tags that were in my rear window... still took my license to run it anyway lol

The other officer walked up to the car while shinning the light in my interior.. asked what year it is and how sweet the car looks and sounds... told him it was a 2006 he was like how is this a 2006 ?? lol :P
Old 03-27-15, 08:55 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
What I love about this car is that you make no sacrifices with it. For a 2006 the interior is better then most new cars. People ask what year it is they think it's a 2010 or something not a 2006z I looked at BMW's in the same year and their interiors looked dated. Mine is fully loaded with navigation and heated and cooled seats with black soft leather. It does help that the guy that owned the car before me took extreme good care of it.

The car is EXTREMELY underrated. The thing about the 350 is that it doesn't look how it performs it looks like a smooth chill car. But it's a wolf in sheeps clothing. 350 drivers don't brag about their cars being fast where 335i guys and g37 guys are always bragging and showing off.

When I told my friend I was gonna buy it he looked at it and said nah. Now I went and got it his attitude got funny. I told him it's fast he said it fast to what I used to have I told him no. It's freaking fast. He is a hard core BMW guy so that explains his attitude lol.

I'm happy with my buy because my car came with multiple upgrades. It's has full fsport suspension with Fsport shock and F sport spring. injen intake. And full exhaust system with tinted windows. I have to do nothing to this car it's extactly how I want it to be.
I get the same thing, people think my car is a lot newer than it is

I would much prefer a nice older car than a new basic car.
Old 03-27-15, 09:46 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cop pulled me over tonight... said he couldn't see my temp paper tags that were in my rear window... still took my license to run it anyway lol

The other officer walked up to the car while shinning the light in my interior.. asked what year it is and how sweet the car looks and sounds... told him it was a 2006 he was like how is this a 2006 ?? lol :P
The officers sometimes are pretty chill huh. Anyways, I think our car is very modern despite being old. The design both interior and exterior are timeless.

My wife drove the IS350 to work the first day. Her co-workers looked at the car and said wow you just brought a brand new Lexus? My wife said no, it is almost 9 year old IS350 2006! They were all shocked and "Whattttttttttt???". I'm so happy hearing that because I detail and take very good care of the car

I have run the IS350 multiple times on autocross/track and still runs like brand new, again despite of its old age

I love love love the IS350
Old 03-27-15, 10:31 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Yeah, you have a good point but psychologically people still end up buying the IS250 more due to cheaper price, new or used. Of course, there are always exception like you point out that IS350 used can be cheaper than a similar IS250 but hey that is rare. In CA as well as many places, it is way harder looking for a IS350 than a IS250 because there are lot more IS250 supply.

For the same price, I would take an older with more miles IS350 than a newer with less miles IS250. I enjoy driving my 2006 IS350 a lot more than the 2012 IS250 .
I'm actually from California actually. Modesto to be exact. And I definetly agree that IS350s are harder to come by. However in my instance, my 2006 IS350 with 79k miles , 18" factory wheels, Navigation, Sport package, Mark Levinson, and some custom bypass switch for the nav and DVD player cost me 18k sticker. Comparitvely my brother about 8 months before me bought his wife a Red 2006 AWD IS250 With 80k miles, its a Premium With Navigation as the only options and payed about the same with a sticker of 17,888. So about $100 difference but I get a whole 100hp more, memory seats, factory Hid's, sport suspension, sport pedals, sport trim door sills, DVD player, mark levinson, telescopic steering wheel, and a custom bypass ( in my case) and I can't remember what else.

But every time my sister in law drives my car she is blown away with how fast it is in comparison with her car. Lol she tends to "accidentally " press the throttle more than necessary and the car plunges forward since shes used to pressing it harder on her car

I love this car And I can't believe I didn't get rid of the Beamer Sooner than I did. And for the price I paid I feel like I got one Hell of a car

Last edited by Tro209; 03-27-15 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-28-15, 06:01 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I get the same thing, people think my car is a lot newer than it is

I would much prefer a nice older car than a new basic car.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by FSportIS
The officers sometimes are pretty chill huh. Anyways, I think our car is very modern despite being old. The design both interior and exterior are timeless.

My wife drove the IS350 to work the first day. Her co-workers looked at the car and said wow you just brought a brand new Lexus? My wife said no, it is almost 9 year old IS350 2006! They were all shocked and "Whattttttttttt???". I'm so happy hearing that because I detail and take very good care of the car

I love love love the IS350

Your car looks brand new I actually want to paint my calipers but Im not sure what color to paint them that goes great with the sliver. Are you on coilovers ?

I want to mod the car.. HID fogs, ISF trunk lip, a front lip 15mm wheel spacers just simple things. I love my stock wheels wont go aftermareket for a while

Here is a pic from last night

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 03-28-15 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-28-15, 06:37 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tro209
I'm actually from California actually. Modesto to be exact. And I definetly agree that IS350s are harder to come by. However in my instance, my 2006 IS350 with 79k miles , 18" factory wheels, Navigation, Sport package, Mark Levinson, and some custom bypass switch for the nav and DVD player cost me 18k sticker. Comparitvely my brother about 8 months before me bought his wife a Red 2006 AWD IS250 With 80k miles, its a Premium With Navigation as the only options and payed about the same with a sticker of 17,888. So about $100 difference but I get a whole 100hp more, memory seats, factory Hid's, sport suspension, sport pedals, sport trim door sills, DVD player, mark levinson, telescopic steering wheel, and a custom bypass ( in my case) and I can't remember what else.

But every time my sister in law drives my car she is blown away with how fast it is in comparison with her car. Lol she tends to "accidentally " press the throttle more than necessary and the car plunges forward since shes used to pressing it harder on her car

I love this car And I can't believe I didn't get rid of the Beamer Sooner than I did. And for the price I paid I feel like I got one Hell of a car

I feel you 100 percent on this. My IS350 only ran me 10k with 157 on the clock. Fully loaded minus the ML. Came with injen intake, full exhuast system, full Fsport suspension and ugraded brakes and rotors. NO accidents one owner and highways miles. I stole this car for the price. My friend who is a bimmer guy admitted that I made a great buy. I only wish my car had the ML system.. I thought the nav and ML came as one option

DId Lexus have two different kinds of leather for this car? My friend has a 350 but his seats dont feel as soft or plush as mine.

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 03-28-15 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-28-15, 10:31 AM
socos
Driver School Candidate

Flip on the Sport ECT switch

All I can say is

I am more then in love with this machine. I never realized how much of an animal the IS350 is. I had a quick run with my friends BMW 750li which I believe has a twin turbo V8.. not only did I win I seriously pulled on him from the start to finish of the race.. gained cars on him. He was so shocked that the IS350 moves like that he looked up how much they were going for online he wanted to buy one lol. I took a couple of my friends in the car one of them owned a EVO and they were shocked by how fast it is.. my friend with the EVO even said I could beat him.

With the injen intake and fsport exhaust the cars sounds like a animal not to mention my car already has the complete Fsport suspension with the Fsport springs and shocks. Rides and handles like a dream. The car has dual personality slap it back over into drive and its a smooth luxury car again.

Couldnt be more happy with my buy. My friends envy the car my brothers wants to trash his TSX now and get one lol

Old 03-28-15, 11:10 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by socos
Flip on the Sport ECT switch
What does that so or change ?
Old 03-28-15, 11:53 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

That button makes the throttle response more sensitive to the gas pedal, but it doesn't make the car faster. Your car does look very new, I kinda want to get a detail done on my car now. My car looked like that before I drove it for 2 or 3 years lol.
DId Lexus have two different kinds of leather for this car? My friend has a 350 but his seats dont feel as soft or plush as mine.
I don't think Lexus change leather in the 2nd gen. In the 3rd gen, Lexus start using some synthetic leather, though you can get real leather as an option ... I think. Does your seats look new? I wonder if the previous owner changed the seats. New seats are softer than worn out ones.
Old 03-28-15, 12:55 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nosurprise
That button makes the throttle response more sensitive to the gas pedal, but it doesn't make the car faster. Your car does look very new, I kinda want to get a detail done on my car now. My car looked like that before I drove it for 2 or 3 years lol.

I don't think Lexus change leather in the 2nd gen. In the 3rd gen, Lexus start using some synthetic leather, though you can get real leather as an option ... I think. Does your seats look new? I wonder if the previous owner changed the seats. New seats are softer than worn out ones.

It really does look new. People think it's brand new 2011 sort of car. They really don't believe me when I say it's 2006 9 years old. Great design on lexus part. But the past owner got the car painted over so it's a fresh paint. The paint job looks factory. How was able to tell the car was painted over ? While I washing the car I saw a tiny film of over spray on the tail light u can miss it if you aren't looking for it. I have been detailing the car since I got it.

Here are the seat they look brand new and they so soft if u touch it leaves your finger shape it so soft.

Let me remind you these are seats in a car with 153k

Close up of the paint and condition

Old 03-28-15, 05:44 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It really does look new. People think it's brand new 2011 sort of car. They really don't believe me when I say it's 2006 9 years old. Great design on lexus part. But the past owner got the car painted over so it's a fresh paint. The paint job looks factory. How was able to tell the car was painted over ? While I washing the car I saw a tiny film of over spray on the tail light u can miss it if you aren't looking for it. I have been detailing the car since I got it.

Here are the seat they look brand new and they so soft if u touch it leaves your finger shape it so soft.

Let me remind you these are seats in a car with 153k

Close up of the paint and condition

Nice, you have the same combination of interior and exterior color as me To answer your question, Nope they all the same seats. However I noticed that for some reason that the seats in my 350 feel more softer and more comfortable than the ones in my brothers 250 for some reason. Except his are a greyish color while mine are black. I do think his are a little more worn though. Hmmmm.... maybe black seats are just more comfortable ? Lol
Old 03-29-15, 04:47 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tro209
Nice, you have the same combination of interior and exterior color as me To answer your question, Nope they all the same seats. However I noticed that for some reason that the seats in my 350 feel more softer and more comfortable than the ones in my brothers 250 for some reason. Except his are a greyish color while mine are black. I do think his are a little more worn though. Hmmmm.... maybe black seats are just more comfortable ? Lol

Same here my friend has the greyish color also and mine are softer and more comfortable as well. Maybe the black seats are better lol