IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A week review with my New to me IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 01:58 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heavy steering does not necessarily mean accurate steering and handling even though precise handling usually involves heavier feel. If you prefer the heavier steering feel, the ISF ECU upgrade is a must like redspencer suggested.
Old 03-25-15, 02:57 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Heavy steering does not necessarily mean accurate steering and handling even though precise handling usually involves heavier feel. If you prefer the heavier steering feel, the ISF ECU upgrade is a must like redspencer suggested.

Omg thank you !!

Finally someone who can see heavy steering doesn't mean better feeling or handling car. It's all a state of mind. Tire grip, quick steering and body Motion is what I use to judge handling. That's a gimmick that manufacturers use to have you help you believe the car is sporty.

The IS steering is the petfect blend of smooth well being on point.

Later down the line I will invest in the ISF ECU sounds like a good upgrade.

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 03-25-15 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-25-15, 03:00 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

I'm so glad you bought the IS350 and not the IS250. I just made another thread the other day saying IS250 and IS350 are totally different animals. IS250 is a baby while IS350 is the man!

Wow I'm surprised to see you beating a BMW 750i, I never thought v6 NA beating a V8 twinturbo lol. Stock to stock, IS350 can hang with Evo as well as many other cars but our car is not mod friendly though so in modified version, other platforms can beat the IS350.
I walked that 7 series. I wish I would have got it on video we raced 5 times with the same result. He went from talking mess to say he lost cause the car is heavy lol.

Yes I tell people the same thing the 250 and 350 are two total different cars. But I can understand why someone would get the 250 if their not into speed or a female lol
Old 03-25-15, 03:38 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

haha you can offend many males driving the IS250 here lol, becareful there!!! I think most buying the IS250 is saving $$$. I own both IS250 and IS350 and I race both cars on autocross.
Old 03-25-15, 04:32 PM
February
Driver School Candidate

I was leaning towards the 250 because it was cheaper and I didn't care that much about speed but then got a great deal on a cpo 350.
Old 03-26-15, 05:50 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

haha you can offend many males driving the IS250 here lol, becareful there!!! I think most buying the IS250 is saving $$$. I own both IS250 and IS350 and I race both cars on autocross.
How does the cars perform on the autocross ?
Old 03-26-15, 06:01 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Only issues... well not really issues that I have noticed with the car I got are a rattle from the plastic in the sunroof and a slight squeak in the dash when I Initially start to break and accelerate. There's also a small oil leak underneath I have yet to really inspect.
Old 03-26-15, 08:07 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never understood the whole buying an IS250 to save money thing. If you buy one Brand new then yes , I can see the price gap. But for those who buy used like me, which is the majority of us, a 250 and 350 are generally within a few hundred dollars of each other . I've actually seen quite a few 2006 IS350's for sale that are cheaper than a similar Or less equipped IS250's.
Old 03-26-15, 08:15 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
All I can say is

I am more then in love with this machine. I never realized how much of an animal the IS350 is. I had a quick run with my friends BMW 750li which I believe has a twin turbo V8.. not only did I win I seriously pulled on him from the start to finish of the race.. gained cars on him. He was so shocked that the IS350 moves like that he looked up how much they were going for online he wanted to buy one lol. I took a couple of my friends in the car one of them owned a EVO and they were shocked by how fast it is.. my friend with the EVO even said I could beat him.

With the injen intake and fsport exhaust the cars sounds like a animal not to mention my car already has the complete Fsport suspension with the Fsport springs and shocks. Rides and handles like a dream. The car has dual personality slap it back over into drive and its a smooth luxury car again.

Couldnt be more happy with my buy. My friends envy the car my brothers wants to trash his TSX now and get one lol

Congrats on your purchase. Good to see your enjoying your is350!!

I came from a 2003 330i and this car is an absolute dream compared to it. Faster, more luxurious, and way more reliable.

I Remember when I told my brother how fast this car is (He wanted me to buy an 04 STI and thought the Lexus was a stupid idea) he didn't believe me. Until of course I brought it home from the dealer and let him take it for a quick spin

I also showed him countless videos of people going up against STi's, Evo's and mustangs to prove a point. And on top of that I raced a Co worker with a 3.5 Maxima SV and he couldn't keep up lol.

This car is so underestimated it's not even funny. But I absolutely LOVE that about this car
Old 03-26-15, 09:13 AM
Crew
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
I've never understood the whole buying an IS250 to save money thing. If you buy one Brand new then yes , I can see the price gap. But for those who buy used like me, which is the majority of us, a 250 and 350 are generally within a few hundred dollars of each other . I've actually seen quite a few 2006 IS350's for sale that are cheaper than a similar Or less equipped IS250's.
Please try to keep in mind and consider each market is local... For instance, here in Minneapolis, a 2G IS350 AWD carries a $2-5K premium over a same year and comparably equipped 250. .....Perhaps in other markets the price delta is much smaller.
Old 03-26-15, 09:24 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Congrats on your purchase. Good to see your enjoying your is350!!

I came from a 2003 330i and this car is an absolute dream compared to it. Faster, more luxurious, and way more reliable.

I Remember when I told my brother how fast this car is (He wanted me to buy an 04 STI and thought the Lexus was a stupid idea) he didn't believe me. Until of course I brought it home from the dealer and let him take it for a quick spin

I also showed him countless videos of people going up against STi's, Evo's and mustangs to prove a point. And on top of that I raced a Co worker with a 3.5 Maxima SV and he couldn't keep up lol.

This car is so underestimated it's not even funny. But I absolutely LOVE that about this car

What I love about this car is that you make no sacrifices with it. For a 2006 the interior is better then most new cars. People ask what year it is they think it's a 2010 or something not a 2006z I looked at BMW's in the same year and their interiors looked dated. Mine is fully loaded with navigation and heated and cooled seats with black soft leather. It does help that the guy that owned the car before me took extreme good care of it.

The car is EXTREMELY underrated. The thing about the 350 is that it doesn't look how it performs it looks like a smooth chill car. But it's a wolf in sheeps clothing. 350 drivers don't brag about their cars being fast where 335i guys and g37 guys are always bragging and showing off.

When I told my friend I was gonna buy it he looked at it and said nah. Now I went and got it his attitude got funny. I told him it's fast he said it fast to what I used to have I told him no. It's freaking fast. He is a hard core BMW guy so that explains his attitude lol.

I'm happy with my buy because my car came with multiple upgrades. It's has full fsport suspension with Fsport shock and F sport spring. injen intake. And full exhaust system with tinted windows. I have to do nothing to this car it's extactly how I want it to be.
Old 03-26-15, 09:39 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Yeah, you have a good point but psychologically people still end up buying the IS250 more due to cheaper price, new or used. Of course, there are always exception like you point out that IS350 used can be cheaper than a similar IS250 but hey that is rare. In CA as well as many places, it is way harder looking for a IS350 than a IS250 because there are lot more IS250 supply.

For the same price, I would take an older with more miles IS350 than a newer with less miles IS250. I enjoy driving my 2006 IS350 a lot more than the 2012 IS250 .
Old 03-26-15, 09:57 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Sometimes us car guys forget to see that there people out there who honestly don't care about speed or power and or handling or none of that stuff they just want to drive and Get there safe and that's all lol.
Old 03-26-15, 12:11 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Sometimes us car guys forget to see that there people out there who honestly don't care about speed or power and or handling or none of that stuff they just want to drive and Get there safe and that's all lol.
Exactly and that our car enthusiasts community is minority comparing to the vast majority population out there. In fact, on the road, there are a lot more stock IS250 than modified ones. And common people not car guys who care about speed will buy the IS250 because it is cheaper.
Old 03-26-15, 12:30 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^ hey I'm a car guy AND i have a 250... its not what you'd call stock though I guess haha

Quick Reply: A week review with my New to me IS350