A week review with my New to me IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 01:36 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A week review with my New to me IS350

All I can say is

I am more then in love with this machine. I never realized how much of an animal the IS350 is. I had a quick run with my friends BMW 750li which I believe has a twin turbo V8.. not only did I win I seriously pulled on him from the start to finish of the race.. gained cars on him. He was so shocked that the IS350 moves like that he looked up how much they were going for online he wanted to buy one lol. I took a couple of my friends in the car one of them owned a EVO and they were shocked by how fast it is.. my friend with the EVO even said I could beat him.

With the injen intake and fsport exhaust the cars sounds like a animal not to mention my car already has the complete Fsport suspension with the Fsport springs and shocks. Rides and handles like a dream. The car has dual personality slap it back over into drive and its a smooth luxury car again.

Couldnt be more happy with my buy. My friends envy the car my brothers wants to trash his TSX now and get one lol

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 03-28-15 at 06:04 AM.
Old 03-24-15, 09:13 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Yes, the IS350 is pretty fast. The FSport intake also add a bit of HP, not sure if the other aftermarket does the same.
Old 03-24-15, 09:37 PM
February
Driver School Candidate

I'm a recent new owner of a '12 350 as well and the speed is definitely unexpected.

Have put ~ 900 miles on it so far and compared to my previous car (BMW 3 series), the 350 is faster and has a nicer interior. However, I've noticed that visibility is not the best (front hood too high and the rear window is small) and the electric steering takes some getting used to. Good old hydraulic steering has much better feedback.

Overall though very pleased with the 350.
Old 03-24-15, 10:47 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Yes, the IS350 is pretty fast. The FSport intake also add a bit of HP, not sure if the other aftermarket does the same.
I wouldn't see why other intake wouldn't give a Bit of HP also the principle is the same

Originally Posted by February
I'm a recent new owner of a '12 350 as well and the speed is definitely unexpected.

Have put ~ 900 miles on it so far and compared to my previous car (BMW 3 series), the 350 is faster and has a nicer interior. However, I've noticed that visibility is not the best (front hood too high and the rear window is small) and the electric steering takes some getting used to. Good old hydraulic steering has much better feedback.

Overall though very pleased with the 350.
Agreed. Money well spent. I have a 2006 model and people swear thats its a 2010 or newer car. When I say its a 2006 they are like damn. The interior is a win also.. its more comfy and better looking then the 3 series. I love the steering feel of my 2006 its smooth but direct at the same time. good balance. Where BMW steering seems to be stiff 24/7.. annoying.
Old 03-24-15, 10:57 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
BMW steering seems to be stiff 24/7.. annoying.
LOL so true! Im a valet at a high end restaurant and drive bimmers all the time! Haha
Old 03-24-15, 11:18 PM
LucianoLee
Driver

Our 3.5L is one of the most powerful (non-boosted) V6 out there. I have driven my friends TSX and TL. Also 350z , G35 and G37. They are just not comparable..

Totally in love with this car. I had an 06 is350 and it got totalled.. Then I bought another 06 is350 with way less millage. I don't think I have ever seen anyone buy the same car twice like I did...no regrets tho
Old 03-25-15, 07:41 AM
February
Driver School Candidate

Heh I love the heavy feel of the BMW steering, feels so precise.
Old 03-25-15, 08:47 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haha I felt the same way when I first got mine! I was shocked that I never knew they were this quick.

I would recommend the ISF ECU as your next mod. It brings some more fun factor to the car and makes daily driving feel better too.
Old 03-25-15, 08:54 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LucianoLee
Our 3.5L is one of the most powerful (non-boosted) V6 out there. I have driven my friends TSX and TL. Also 350z , G35 and G37. They are just not comparable..

Totally in love with this car. I had an 06 is350 and it got totalled.. Then I bought another 06 is350 with way less millage. I don't think I have ever seen anyone buy the same car twice like I did...no regrets tho

I actually brought a 3 gen Camry twice because I liked the car so much. The 1992 body style.
Old 03-25-15, 08:56 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Haha I felt the same way when I first got mine! I was shocked that I never knew they were this quick.

I would recommend the ISF ECU as your next mod. It brings some more fun factor to the car and makes daily driving feel better too.
Seriously the car is too fast for its own good. The power delivery is overkill for a V6.

How would I go about doing the ISF ECU MOD ? How much is that gonna run me money wise and it is something I can do on my own. How extactly does it make the car more fun?
Old 03-25-15, 08:58 AM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

I like it too but I feel it's over kill for city driving a smooth feel is much better for everyday driving light to light parking lots things like that. The lexus is the percent Blend of tight and smooth where the BMW is just tight. But that's imo
Old 03-25-15, 09:05 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Seriously the car is too fast for its own good. The power delivery is overkill for a V6.

How would I go about doing the ISF ECU MOD ? How much is that gonna run me money wise and it is something I can do on my own. How extactly does it make the car more fun?
Swapping to an 11+ IS-F Steering ECU will significantly improve the steering feel and tactile feedback on what your tires are doing on the road at all times. Here are a few threads for more information:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...it-2010-f.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ering-ecu.html

BTW, the IS350 unofficially held the title of being the fastest naturally aspirated V6 sedan when it came out. I'm not sure if it's still the case today though.

Last edited by redspencer; 03-25-15 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-25-15, 12:49 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm so glad you bought the IS350 and not the IS250. I just made another thread the other day saying IS250 and IS350 are totally different animals. IS250 is a baby while IS350 is the man!

Wow I'm surprised to see you beating a BMW 750i, I never thought v6 NA beating a V8 twinturbo lol. Stock to stock, IS350 can hang with Evo as well as many other cars but our car is not mod friendly though so in modified version, other platforms can beat the IS350.
Old 03-25-15, 01:40 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Don't let the cat out of the bag, then everyone will want one! LOL!
Old 03-25-15, 01:46 PM
jv6792
Rookie

my is300 felt like this. i wish the is350 had the same heavy steering feel. Makes for really sharp handling!

Quick Reply: A week review with my New to me IS350