Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The correct 19s?

Old 03-23-15, 07:03 PM   #1
Den350
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default The correct 19s?

Let me start off by saying sorry but cant seem to find a (normal) answer to any of the tire/rim questions..........the search engine seems a little confusing. Dont like the idea of streching tires and dont really understand why anyone would do that.....apologize for the ignorance guys....planning on lowering her on BC coilovers and just need an example or opinion of what works for a nice clean drop rim/rubber wise....not tucking, no rubbing and trying to use all the rubber on the tire as opposed to some crazy camber that runs on half the tire. Planning on 19s as i dont want to run rubber bands as tires. Dont really understand all the offset stuff but trying to learn..lol...looking for a clean drop with no room between rubber and fender. Any and all replies will be very appreciated. Thank you in advance guys.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Den350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-15, 07:53 PM   #2
Den350
Driver School Candidate

anyone????? even a link that might help........confused as hell as far as what will work properly....have so many tier sizes and offsets going through my mind!!!
Old 03-23-15, 08:11 PM   #3
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

ragnarokzero13

The reason you cant find an answer to your fitment situation is because an answer doesn't exist. You cant have a clean drop with no room between tire and fender and not expect a hellstorm of rub (as well as fender damage). There are sacrifices that need to be made, whether it is a lot of body modifications (fender modding, widebody etc....), stretched tires for clearance, air suspension for clearance, or even all of the above.
I would suggest learning what is offset and how it works before actually diving into wheels/fitment, as it will save you from a world of hurt
Old 03-23-15, 08:20 PM   #4
Den350
Driver School Candidate

Is it something special about this car???? i have had other vehicles with AFTERMARKET rims/rubber and lowered and never noticed issues.......just want to do everything as properly as possible and seem to be way more confused after searching through the forum.
Old 03-24-15, 09:13 AM   #5
Mokey
Rookie

Just look at the F-Sport wheels Lexus offers. Those are 19's and I'm pretty sure no extra mods are required.
Old 03-24-15, 01:09 PM   #6
LP817
Rookie

LP_817 lyon2is

Kumquatism is correct. Modifications are required to get that fitment without rubbing. The fitment forums does get confusing at times.
"What may work for some may not work for others." Thats just something I learned from reading through so many threads.
LP817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-15, 05:39 PM   #7
MikeFoxx
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

MikeFoxx MikeF0xx

Yeah like others have said there is no one right answer to this. You can only use what is available in the searches to get an idea of what is going to work for you.

mine is very conservative:
19x8.5 +35 front 19x9.5 +38 Rear
225/35/19 front tire
265/30/19 rear tire

Just lowered on H&R springs def no rubbing no where near rubbing lol. This setup is nothing compared to what most of the folks run but may be closer to what you are looking for. I originally wanted a 235 upfront but it is what it is. I'm pretty sure on coilovers this would be close enough to the fender without rubbing depending on how low. I'm actually going back to OEM pretty soon.

Build Thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/buil...350-build.html

MikeFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 04:21 PM   #8
Den350
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the reply gentlemen. Just wanted to do it right and have gotten confused after reading many posts on here and don't want to blow a bunch of money and end up wasting it. It seems like the 19x8.5and 19x9.5 with 35 offset and 38 might do the trick I assume..lol...just looking for a clean look with some bigger and better looking wheels.
Old 03-25-15, 04:29 PM   #9
LP817
Rookie

LP_817 lyon2is

Thats about the same setup i was going to do. I was gonna get some wedssport sa60m in that size but ended up finding a deal on some iForged.
LP817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 05:14 PM   #10
ISgetweird
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFoxx View Post
Yeah like others have said there is no one right answer to this. You can only use what is available in the searches to get an idea of what is going to work for you.

mine is very conservative:
19x8.5 +35 front 19x9.5 +38 Rear
225/35/19 front tire
265/30/19 rear tire

Just lowered on H&R springs def no rubbing no where near rubbing lol. This setup is nothing compared to what most of the folks run but may be closer to what you are looking for. I originally wanted a 235 upfront but it is what it is. I'm pretty sure on coilovers this would be close enough to the fender without rubbing depending on how low. I'm actually going back to OEM pretty soon.
Do you have a pic of your setup? I have almost the exact same setup coming in within the next week and I have been freaking out thinking I ****ed up.
ISgetweird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 06:20 PM   #11
Den350
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if a 235/35/19 front with 275/30/19 rear would be any problem on BC coils?
Old 03-25-15, 08:37 PM   #12
MikeFoxx
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

MikeFoxx MikeF0xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISgetweird View Post
Do you have a pic of your setup? I have almost the exact same setup coming in within the next week and I have been freaking out thinking I ****ed up.
I have some but not great photos on page 3 or 4 of my build thread. Can text u new ones tomorrow just pm me your number.
MikeFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-15, 11:58 PM   #13
Den350
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
I have some but not great photos on page 3 or 4 of my build thread. Can text u new ones tomorrow just pm me your number.
Is there a link to your thread? How do I find it bud? Not to good at the forum stuff yet...lol
Old 03-26-15, 12:05 AM   #14
Den350
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Figured it out....lol..clicked on your name and found it...solid clean setup bud. I would go a touch lower myself, hopefully no rubbing or any whack problems with that size and offset...cross fingers I guess.
Old 03-28-15, 11:09 PM   #15
scorpionge
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (13)

ScorpionGeo

yeah.. there's no "correct" 19s.. depending on width n offset you should get the tires.. depending on how flush u want it.. then you need to alter tire sizes.. good luck on it!!!

scorpionge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 11:09 PM