IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

08 IS250: Drivers Side HID Out Of Alightment...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-15, 07:31 PM
APynckel
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 08 IS250: Drivers Side HID Out Of Alightment...

And the more central alignment screw does nothing to bring the lamp's focal point back to where it needs to be (center of the car). It's pointing low and left, and the LED projector is visibly off kilter. Anyone ever had this issue?
Old 03-19-15, 08:54 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by APynckel
And the more central alignment screw does nothing to bring the lamp's focal point back to where it needs to be (center of the car). It's pointing low and left, and the LED projector is visibly off kilter. Anyone ever had this issue?
You may have a bad headlight if it's that visibly off kilter as you say and the HID ,not LED ,projector may have come loose inside the housing especially if you say the vertical adjuster does nothing. It will need to be replaced unless you know how to take the lens off and open it up to see what's going on.

There is a adjustment screw for horizontal(left to right) adjustment .It's hard to find and down through a hole towards the outside of each light and adjusted with a long Philips head screw driver.The vertical one is pretty easy to see of course and out in the open.

I recently changed my headlights to 2012's and the horizontal and vertical were way off for some reason but the projectors weren't visibly off kilter like you claim. The pass side was pointed to far to the right a few degrees and the drivers a little too far in. I found explanation and pics somewhere on the forum showing where the horizontal adjuster is.
I can try to shoot you some pics tomorrow if you can't find it but if you with a flash light at an angle outward down through the holes you'll probably find it now that you know it's there.
Old 03-19-15, 08:57 PM
APynckel
Pole Position

Oops. Yes, I meant the HID projector (it's been a long day).

I am able to access both the horizontal and vertical adjusters. the horizontal functions to a degree, but the vertical adjuster doesn't.

It's strange because it's all of a sudden out of whack, and never has been before.
Old 03-23-15, 09:20 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

So I've got the headlight out of the vehicle, and I am scoping out the up/down adjustment system. Looks like something separated in there, and so the white piece the travels on the screw that's supposed to carry the housing is no longer attached. (this is the adjustment screw that's readily accessible normally with the hood open and the headlight in the vehicle)

There aren't any loose or broken pieces around, so I don't know what went wrong exactly.

Anyone know of a possible fix for this?

Thanks.