IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 AWD Exhaust and Intake update

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-15, 08:37 AM
CollinCoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IS250 AWD Exhaust and Intake update

I bought my stock IS250 AWD in November. This is my first Lexus/Toyota so i'm new to the cars entirely. (Previously a Honda/Acura guy)

Well the first thing I noticed with the car was how smooth and quiet it was and I was thrilled... for about a week. Then I decided I wanted to hear some noise come from my car . So I hopped on CL and did my research.

I ended up getting the HKS Hi Power axle back exhaust. I was skeptical at first with the exhaust only being an axle back. With the AWD, for the most part, all you can get is an axleback unless you do a full custom exhaust because no one makes a damn midpipe for it! Anyway, the exhaust went on real easy in less than an hour. It makes a HUGE difference in sound in the low RPM's (about 0-3.5k) but after that its only slightly louder than stock. I drove all winter with the exhaust and enjoyed it. Minor drone on the highway but nothing too bad. Overall a great buy.

Then I decided it was still to quiet for me at the high RPM's
Enter: Injen SP Intake
I bought the thing for about $200 and I couldn't be happier. The sound at the high RPM's (3.5-8k) is fantastic. Its VERY loud. The install was as straightforward as it could be. Took me about a half hour in my driveway.

So for all you AWD guys who want your IS to actually sound good there is hope! My car is completely stock except for the intake and axle back exhaust and the difference in sound is incredible. I even notice the car has better throttle response, but that could just be me thinking that cause it sounds so f---ing good.

Now all I need of the the rest of the damn snow to go away so I can put on my new rims and springs.

Ill attach some pictures of the exhaust and intake installed.

If you want I can post videos of the sound too

If anyone has any questions about the install or anything let me know!

Thanks for reading guys!

Intake without all the engine covers

HKS Hi Power Exhaust

Last edited by CollinCoon; 03-19-15 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-20-15, 04:48 AM
MarioVela
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I'm definitely thinking about getting an intake for mine.