IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

can't find gfx rear lip

Old 03-03-15, 10:43 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

use shipito . com!!! its parcel forwarding. the site ships it to shipito's US warehouse and in turn. shipito ships it to you!

I used it for a grille from sewell before they closed down a few months back when shipping to Canada was not an option
Old 03-03-15, 10:45 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixcision
use shipito . com!!! its parcel forwarding. the site ships it to shipito's US warehouse and in turn. shipito ships it to you!

I used it for a grille from sewell before they closed down a few months back when shipping to Canada was not an option
Do they have a big mark up? Shipping the items within the states cost less than $50 and these aren't small boxes...
Old 03-03-15, 10:49 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

not really. sewell shipped it to shipito for about $20... shiptio sent it to me for $40... so 60 total for shipping to me.

You only have to pay $1 for each shipping charge to shipito... its really easy and I had a decent experience with it... they have customer chat online during the day and i found it helpful for account / order questions

Also any time I order parts from the states, regardless of which route, I always end up with a brokerage fee from ups, sups, etc, when its delivered to my door... no way around that (in addition to shipping charges)
Old 03-03-15, 10:51 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

not really. sewell shipped it to shipito for about $20... shiptio sent it to me for $40... so 60 total for shipping to me.

You only have to pay $1 for each shipping charge to shipito... its really easy and I had a decent experience with it... they have customer chat online during the day and i found it helpful for account / order questions
I just used their online estimator for shipping the skirts and rear lip. The side skirts alone cost a bit over $300 to ship it to me... which at that point I might as well get them at a dealer. (Since they still have to get painted)
Old 03-03-15, 10:54 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Also any time I order parts from the states, regardless of which route, I always end up with a brokerage fee from ups, sups, etc, when its delivered to my door... no way around that (in addition to shipping charges)
I was just about to ask you that, good to know. I will give them a try with smaller boxed items, I guess I'll hold off on the lip kit and keep looking on the forums and/or locally.
Old 03-03-15, 10:54 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Can you actually buy GFX pieces from the stealership? Never knew that!
Old 03-03-15, 11:04 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Can you actually buy GFX pieces from the stealership? Never knew that!
Yup. Everything that Sewell has, the local dealer has... at a higher price

But lately, they have been matching Sewell's prices, but now that Sewell is gone, I'm going to assume that their back to sky high prices...
Old 03-03-15, 11:16 PM
kev350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pheonix72
I believe i am not supposed to post direct link to none sponsor vendors. So just google "lexus parts now" and go to the IS section. There you will see the Ground Effect Kit; they have sale on select side and rear GFX.
For the price, it might be cheap enough to have the part respray if they dont have ur color.Good luck.
Thanks for the head up. I took your advise did order side skirt and rear lip $140 included shipping . Can't beat that. I'm just gonna let my body shop to respray it still cheaper than stealership cost....
Old 03-04-15, 07:36 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kev350
Thanks for the head up. I took your advise did order side skirt and rear lip $140 included shipping . Can't beat that. I'm just gonna let my body shop to respray it still cheaper than stealership cost....
Yes, can't beat the price. I believe they will email you with an invoice for additional shipping charge (the boxes are quite big). They charged me extra $24 and change for the side skirt. You will have the chance to accept or cancel the order then.
Old 03-04-15, 09:58 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Yes, can't beat the price. I believe they will email you with an invoice for additional shipping charge (the boxes are quite big). They charged me extra $24 and change for the side skirt. You will have the chance to accept or cancel the order then.
That's such a wicked deal!
Old 03-04-15, 10:31 AM
Nguyen250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the fitment on this gfx kit on the site that was posted on the first page? Is it oem lexus kit?
Old 03-04-15, 11:27 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nguyen250
Anyone know the fitment on this gfx kit on the site that was posted on the first page? Is it oem lexus kit?
These are legit OEM parts with factory paint. I only purchased the side skirt so i can't speak for the fitment of the front and rear. The side skirt fit perfectly with great color match (i have SMG so it is an easy match).
Old 03-04-15, 04:37 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

These are legit OEM parts with factory paint. I only purchased the side skirt so i can't speak for the fitment of the front and rear. The side skirt fit perfectly with great color match (i have SMG so it is an easy match).
OEM parts = perfect fit.

It's the replica parts that you'll have issues with...
Old 03-04-15, 05:49 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

hey do you have any before and after pics w/ and w/o the side skirts? Im still not quite sure if they're even noticeable.... like how they would compare to the wald side skirts which I feel are almost too large! haha
Old 03-04-15, 07:27 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Yup. Everything that Sewell has, the local dealer has... at a higher price

But lately, they have been matching Sewell's prices, but now that Sewell is gone, I'm going to assume that their back to sky high prices...
The issue is that the GFX parts were never sold in Canada, and cannot be ordered by a Canadian dealer, so in some cases shipping internationally just has to happen.

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: can't find gfx rear lip