IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-15, 02:14 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

I ordered something Friday and received it Saturday
Old 03-01-15, 03:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by FreshIS250
I ordered something Friday and received it Saturday
seriously how did you get it in one day? one day shipping?
Old 03-01-15, 08:14 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One other thing that I didn't think of until last night:

I had ordered a rear sway for the IS350 and went to Sewell site to get the .pdf instructions for the install (torque specs and such). Since it was after midnight in TX at the time the site was already gone. Did a search to see if anyone had the instructions and others mentioned to look in the bottom of the box and they were there.

Is there a repository anyone has found with the instructions for installing various parts? Luckily I had printed out the Toyota iPod adapter instructions prior as I put that in yesterday. If anyone can host a spot for the instructions I've got a copy of the iPod installation instructions and I can scan the rear sway install sheet and send it to be hosted somewhere..
Old 03-01-15, 10:00 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by A1cntrler
One other thing that I didn't think of until last night:

I had ordered a rear sway for the IS350 and went to Sewell site to get the .pdf instructions for the install (torque specs and such). Since it was after midnight in TX at the time the site was already gone. Did a search to see if anyone had the instructions and others mentioned to look in the bottom of the box and they were there.

Is there a repository anyone has found with the instructions for installing various parts? Luckily I had printed out the Toyota iPod adapter instructions prior as I put that in yesterday. If anyone can host a spot for the instructions I've got a copy of the iPod installation instructions and I can scan the rear sway install sheet and send it to be hosted somewhere..
I did a screen shot of most of theirs parts for 2010 models and saved as many PDF files as I can. I'll put up a list of what I saved in case somebody needs something.
Old 03-02-15, 07:11 AM
saxqtzk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pepsiboy0

Wait I am confused. Sewell Lexus is a Lexus dealer. Selling genuine Lexus parts in Toyota logo boxes. Rock Auto is an aftermarket auto parts store. They do not sell parts in Toyota logo boxes. So how can these parts be the same in your opinion??
Because Toyota uses suppliers like Denso to supply parts for their vehicles. Toyota packages in their boxes when you buy it from them, but they are the same identical part when its distributed by Denso and sold by a company like Rockauto minus the huge markup.

Last edited by saxqtzk; 03-02-15 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-02-15, 07:54 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deestyle28
I've purchased accessory parts from Lexus parts World which I think is part of MyLparts. I had no issues with them. Great service too. Matt is very responsive to emails.

Matt,
Maybe you have some additional info on F sport shocks? There's a stop sale and no one knows when it will be lifted. Not even corporate.
We are in the same boat as everyone else unfortunately on this. There has been no explanation on why there is a stop sale on this item.
Old 03-02-15, 07:56 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ultima00
So does the free shipping over $150 include a bumper? Given the size I figured that may be extra?
Sorry no, we actually do not sell any large body pieces online. These items are very difficult to ship and easily damaged in shipment. Lexus does not package their body parts for shipment. We decided a long time ago to forego body parts and put our focus on all other replacement parts. Thanks
Old 03-02-15, 08:25 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There are definitely some "unique" parts on sewell. I cannot find gfx parts anywhere else on the web for my 09 2is.
Old 03-02-15, 09:43 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bye bye Sewell! sad day! I was about to save money for a painted bumper lol
Old 03-02-15, 09:56 AM
CA2WALS430
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
Default My L parts just needs a little more detail

This is terrible about Sewell. Lexus NA does not respect how many more people are enjoying the Lexus ownership experience due to Sewell. There will be a lot of temptation to go with inferior aftermarket. The expression "fits manufacturer's specifications" is frequently not true. I am absolutely not walking down to Lexus of Bellevue, WA near me and paying well over $500 for the mirrors I was going to buy for $348 last week!

My Lparts,
It is super nice of you to chime in here and offer great service. You will obviously see your sales go way up. My only complaint is like everyone else, OEM diagrams, and there is no such color as "light blue" on my 2003 LS. There is Platinum Blue Metallic and Mystic Sea Opalescent. I will call for assistance, but just mentioning this as an example.

Last edited by CA2WALS430; 03-02-15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-02-15, 10:07 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CA2WALS430
This is terrible about Sewell. Lexus NA does not respect how many more people are enjoying the Lexus ownership experience due to Sewell. There will be a lot of temptation to go with inferior aftermarket. The expression "fits manufacturer's specifications" is frequently not true. I am absolutely not walking down to Lexus of Bellevue, WA near me and paying well over $500 for the mirrors I was going to buy for $348 last week!

My Lparts,
It is super nice of you to chime in here and offer great service. You will obviously see your sales go way up. My only complaint is like everyone else, OEM diagrams, and there is no such color as "light blue" on my 2003 LS. There is Platinum Blue Metallic and Mystic Sea Opalescent. I will call for assistance, but just mentioning this as an example.
We fully understand and hear your concern with that subject. It is something we are working on. Please call us if have questions and we can always email you picture layouts that are equivalent to Sewells. Thanks!
Old 03-02-15, 10:36 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by CA2WALS430
My only complaint is like everyone else, OEM diagrams, and there is no such color as "light blue" on my 2003 LS. There is Platinum Blue Metallic and Mystic Sea Opalescent. I will call for assistance, but just mentioning this as an example.
It is best not to match paint color by name, but by paint code. This code is located on a plate on the driver's door jam. The first entry will read C/TR (Color/Trim) The first 3 character entry is the color code.

See attached.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)-paint-code.jpg  
Old 03-02-15, 10:54 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

quick update . parts are being packaged and ready for shipment. Sewell is standing by there word. I was a little nervous when I didn't hear from them since Wed about my order .
Old 03-02-15, 01:48 PM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I did end up calling Sewell and spoke to Cary to see if he can get me the manual transmission fluid. It didn't show up in his system with a price so he went further and contacted Lexus corporate for me. At the end, Lexus Corporate, mentioned that I need to get aftermarket brand for the MTM oil. Go figure. I'm sure the part number posted above would work but it may be a hassel to chase it down if it's not in the system.

I also spoke with Cary to see when can I expect to see my order shipped and he said he got about 300 orders this past weekend. They also cutback on staff for the pending termination of the online store. Basically, higher volume, lower staff = very slow to ship.

Not an issue for me since I'm in no hurry to get these parts but for those of you posted "worrying", I wouldn't. I never had issue with Sewell. I think you just have to patient, understandably.

Also, since many of you placed bunch of different parts order like I did, I'm sure there are few parts waiting to be received to inventory. In my case, they're waiting for radiator hose clamps. I did notice everything else is under "ready to ship". You can still check your order status online.

Last edited by TakaM; 03-02-15 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 02:02 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by TakaM
Thanks Jeff.

Is that the one selling for $100+ per litre bottle that I see on Amazon (so $200+ to do the fluid change)? I may consider another option if that's the case.
This is the factory fill 75W90 GL-5 Gear Oil. Retail price in the USA is about $30 per litre, should be available from any local Toyota or Lexus dealer.

Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)-kpvvgnd.jpg

Jeff

Quick Reply: Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)