IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-15, 09:36 AM
Freshkids
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mokey
Ugh, all these other alternative sites are so ugly and not as easy to find things if you don't know much about parts. Can't Sewell parts just change their name to get Lexus off their ***?
Rock auto site is pretty easy to use. It's in English and where it says part number, or part search, type the parts you need. If you don't know what part you need, bring it to your nearest dealership because you shouldn't be working a car if you don't even know the part you need or the name of it. i don't know if they can dumb it anymore. who cares if the web site is ugly yellow. It's a part store not a fashion site.
If I save $$ I can careless about how the site looks.
Old 02-27-15, 09:49 AM
Freshkids
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I tried "can you match their price" in my local dealerships. The guys usually respond, we can't sell that low. Why don't you just buy it from them lol.

Online have a lower prices because they have lower overhead cost. People that buys pasts online knows what they need and want. The stealerships have a high overhead. They need to make the money somewhere. If you want parts then shop at rock auto if you don't mind blowing money, then head to your nearest stealerships. If you don't care about your car, then shop at the nearest auto store
Old 02-27-15, 10:13 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I hardly think your blowing money at Rock Auto. parts meet or exceed OEM. certain things I won't skimp on but sure go to the stealer ships
Old 02-27-15, 10:31 AM
Freshkids
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I hardly think your blowing money at Rock Auto. parts meet or exceed OEM. certain things I won't skimp on but sure go to the stealer ships

For your maintaince parts I would go to rock auto and not the stealerships. Rock auto had the same water pump that the sewells sells but cheaper. The same one!!!!!
Old 02-27-15, 11:33 AM
pepsiboy0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Freshkids
For your maintaince parts I would go to rock auto and not the stealerships. Rock auto had the same water pump that the sewells sells but cheaper. The same one!!!!!
Wait I am confused. Sewell Lexus is a Lexus dealer. Selling genuine Lexus parts in Toyota logo boxes. Rock Auto is an aftermarket auto parts store. They do not sell parts in Toyota logo boxes. So how can these parts be the same in your opinion??
Old 02-27-15, 11:58 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone order from myLparts.com before? Seems to have great prices.
Old 02-27-15, 11:59 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Where do you enter the discount code for MyLParts?
I didn't see anywhere on the checkout page, or the cart.

Thanks
Old 02-27-15, 12:25 PM
ClemsonIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put my last order in I will miss the convenience and good prices of Sewellparts.
Old 02-27-15, 12:41 PM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC3coupe
Where do you enter the discount code for MyLParts?
I didn't see anywhere on the checkout page, or the cart.

Thanks
You will key the discount code in on the 2nd page of the cart. First page you enter all your info, name address and so on. There is a spot for CC info, but it is not required at this point. Second page you pick your shipping and enter discount code. Hope this helps! Thanks
Old 02-27-15, 01:27 PM
deestyle28
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've purchased accessory parts from Lexus parts World which I think is part of MyLparts. I had no issues with them. Great service too. Matt is very responsive to emails.

Matt,
Maybe you have some additional info on F sport shocks? There's a stop sale and no one knows when it will be lifted. Not even corporate.
Old 02-28-15, 08:22 AM
Ultima00
10th Gear

Originally Posted by MyLparts
You will key the discount code in on the 2nd page of the cart. First page you enter all your info, name address and so on. There is a spot for CC info, but it is not required at this point. Second page you pick your shipping and enter discount code. Hope this helps! Thanks
So does the free shipping over $150 include a bumper? Given the size I figured that may be extra?
Old 02-28-15, 10:06 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Freshkids
Online have a lower prices because they have lower overhead cost. People that buys pasts online knows what they need and want. The stealerships have a high overhead. They need to make the money somewhere. If you want parts then shop at rock auto if you don't mind blowing money, then head to your nearest stealerships. If you don't care about your car, then shop at the nearest auto store
For my Lexus mainteance, I buy most stuffs from Sewell and have Tommy@MusicBox or Another independent shop to do it for me. I do go to stealership for recalls, diagnosis when potential problem arises, or any warranty work. I know my cars are well maintained at a very reasonable cost because i know exactly what i need and who can do it for me.
Old 03-01-15, 01:25 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Where can we buy GFX body kit items after sewell closes? Its the only place online that I can find them :/
Old 03-01-15, 01:37 PM
RyPeredo
Driver

Originally Posted by Nixcision
Where can we buy GFX body kit items after sewell closes? Its the only place online that I can find them :/
i second this was in the process of ordering the gfx rear lip. cant find it anywhere else
Old 03-01-15, 01:45 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Has anyone recieved a shipping email yet from Sewell... I'm pretty sure there swamped with orders but still says 'received" under my account and i placed my order on the 26th.. definitely can not maneuver through the site..

Last edited by tmf2004; 03-01-15 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)