IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-15, 03:18 AM
Lexusboy4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think they will have a discount sale before closing?
Old 02-21-15, 04:04 AM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by Shiryo
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the decision to close the online parts section is NOT affiliated with Corporate Lexus. It is internal.

With that said, I did start a petition as the employee I spoke with said they could use the support. Let's try and revive the online parts and keep it around...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...s-online-store
I thought that it must be an internal issue. If it was Lexus Corprate shutting them down, then they would be shutting down MyLParts.com also.
With all the post within this forum, in regards to the $$$ people spend, i can't fathom Sewell losing $$$ from this entity of their dealership. Would love to know why? Curiosity to something that I and many here have supported.
Old 02-21-15, 08:51 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiryo
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the decision to close the online parts section is NOT affiliated with Corporate Lexus. It is internal.

With that said, I did start a petition as the employee I spoke with said they could use the support. Let's try and revive the online parts and keep it around...

I don't think the decision to close was Sewell's choice. What makes you think so?

The reason Sewell Lexus is ceasing to sell parts online at discounted prices appears to be a directive from Lexus.

"As it turns out, many Lexus dealerships were complaining that Sewell was undercutting them by stealing business because of the discounted cost for common items. These complaints created restrictions on products which included shipping outside the continental USA. Now I'm assuming that wasn't enough, and finally they were pressured to close down."
Quote Reference

"I just got off the phone with Sewell's Internet Parts department. They told me that Lexus wants the dealers in "your" area to handle your OEM Lexus parts needs. I had to say I am not terribly surprised."
Quote Reference
Old 02-21-15, 09:03 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by A320pilot
I thought that it must be an internal issue. If it was Lexus Corprate shutting them down, then they would be shutting down MyLParts.com also.
With all the post within this forum, in regards to the $$$ people spend, i can't fathom Sewell losing $$$ from this entity of their dealership. Would love to know why? Curiosity to something that I and many here have supported.
I'm guessing that Lexus will probably demand that Lexus of Roseville cease selling Lexus parts under their 'MyLParts.com' website at discounted prices as well. I don't know how 'dollar-wise' the parts sales figures compares at Sewell Lexus versus Lexus of Roseville. And, I don't know if Lexus of Roseville had similar complaints against them as Sewell apparently did, but I don't think Lexus will allow one dealership to continue selling Lexus parts at discounted prices but stop another dealership. I simply do not see that happening.
Old 02-21-15, 09:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

everyone needs to sign the petition . maybe it will do something maybe it won't.
Old 02-21-15, 09:26 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Maybe Lexus needs an anti-price fixing threat to allow competition in a free market. Just because other dealers want to charge you obscene prices (how about $7.85 for a single body clip I can get from Clipsnfastners or ebay at the same price, but a box of 25) doesn't mean Lexus should support their failing business model.

Lexus of Concord sells on eBay all the time for common stuff. If the root of this is Lexus Corporate, they're making a big mistake.

And shipping from Roseville to Atlanta doesn't beat shipping from South Florida to Atlanta. I cross shop all the time. Apparently there is a serious deficiency in getting part numbers for all things Toyota on this board. I have no problem finding part numbers from a site whose URL will not display here, again because Lexus complained.
Old 02-21-15, 10:02 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I don't think the decision to close was Sewell's choice. What makes you think so?

The reason Sewell Lexus is ceasing to sell parts online at discounted prices appears to be a directive from Lexus.

"As it turns out, many Lexus dealerships were complaining that Sewell was undercutting them by stealing business because of the discounted cost for common items. These complaints created restrictions on products which included shipping outside the continental USA. Now I'm assuming that wasn't enough, and finally they were pressured to close down."
Quote Reference

"I just got off the phone with Sewell's Internet Parts department. They told me that Lexus wants the dealers in "your" area to handle your OEM Lexus parts needs. I had to say I am not terribly surprised."
Quote Reference
I posted on page 2 or 3 of this thread that I talked to Sewell and they told me it WAS Lexus NA that was making them shut down their online division.
Old 02-21-15, 10:13 AM
avinad
Rookie

I was able to buy a rear fsport under brace thankfully with the discount still yesterday!
Old 02-21-15, 10:48 AM
RXISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they will resurface under a different name that is not as 'affiliated' with Sewell?

Damn, I was not ready yet to make a decision on the headlamp upgrade for my IS.
Old 02-21-15, 10:55 AM
Shiryo
Pole Position

Lots to read in here, and I haven't yet.

However when I had spoken with a representative via e-mail yesterday I was told by the representative that it is not a corporate demand, but changes within the Sewell Lexus "focus". However they did state, if it was a corporate level issue, than Sewell Parts wouldn't have been informed and that the changes would just be.

I have however started a petition...

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-22-15 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Privacy
Old 02-21-15, 10:59 AM
ACE350
Driver School Candidate

guess its time to upgrade to the LED headlights much sooner than i planned...
Old 02-21-15, 11:34 AM
Redcastle
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just placed my last order with them (I would imagine this might be their best week ever for sales). Really disappointed not to have this option in the future.
Old 02-21-15, 12:51 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Put in my $530 order...
Old 02-21-15, 01:36 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusboy4
Do you think they will have a discount sale before closing?
C'mon man they already been good with the CL discount & your asking for more. Gotta understand they ain't closing they just ain't doing online sale. They been great with the CL community and all I here is I want more than they're giving isn't enough.
Old 02-21-15, 01:56 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Put in my $530 order...
I just placed a $440 order last night, too. Brakes/rotors/filters/etc for the next 12mos of maintenance. I drive 30k miles/yr.

Quick Reply: Sewellparts.com closing (merged Sewell Parts alternatives threads)