IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Alternative f sport rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 03:59 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I've been a member here a long time, and witnessed a lot of threads from JE Engineering recommending Sikky products, like the two entities are not related, and JE is just being good guys. I've bit my tongue through all of this. But, no more.

I've done some investigating into Maryland State Records and discovered that both JE and Sikky are in fact owned by the same person, James Evans. JE was started in '99 and Sikky in '08.

I hope this charade ends and if JE Engineering wants to recommend Sikky products, and Sikky recommends JE, that's great. Just do it in the open. These clandestine recommendations are just are just silly and not very truthful.

Lou
Thanks for taking the time to instigate and share with fellow members on the forum.
Old 02-17-15, 12:37 PM
JE
Former Sponsor

I've been a member here a long time, and witnessed a lot of threads from JE Engineering recommending Sikky products, like the two entities are not related, and JE is just being good guys. I've bit my tongue through all of this. But, no more.

I've done some investigating into Maryland State Records and discovered that both JE and Sikky are in fact owned by the same person, James Evans. JE was started in '99 and Sikky in '08.

I hope this charade ends and if JE Engineering wants to recommend Sikky products, and Sikky recommends JE, that's great. Just do it in the open. These clandestine recommendations are just are just silly and not very truthful.

Lou
Thanks Lou, and for the record nobody hides it or ever has. So if you wanna pat yourself on the back for the tough detective work that's in plain view go right ahead but don't try and make something more than it is.

There are quite a few members on here that have been to the facility and it's very clear that the two companies occupy different sections of the building but according to the giant sign out front that lists both companies it's obvious there is not attempt to hide it!!! LOL.

They are in fact owned by the same person but are completely separate entities with their own employees etc. JE buys Sikky products just like any other Sikky dealer. The recommendations we make are based on experience and having been operating in this industry long before Sikky was around. Having said that there is no question we are biased but who wouldn't be when you see all the hard work and technology that goes into everything Sikky is doing. They make some awesome stuff, simple as that.

Look way back at the very first ISF Header thread. (actually, might have been on that other ISF forum) We did all the R&D and development and it was mentioned back then. Sikky is a manufacturer and took what we initially developed and made it into a production version. They have their own engineering department and fabricators now so we don't have as much involvement as back then but always jump at the opportunity to spread the word. Much like yourself and PPE. Is there anything you would like to mention on that subject????
Old 02-17-15, 05:45 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^You’re actually trying to compare my relationship with PPE to JE’s with Sikky. Both entities owned by the same person???

Do I have a relationship with PPE, sure as a customer. Do I recommend their products, you bet, because of the quality of the stuff they produce. But, I have also recommend a lot of other equipment to Lexus owners.

My recommendations include:

Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Tires
Takeda Air Intake System
F-Sport Sway Bars and Shift ****
Pennzoil Platinum Motor Oil
Toyota Branded OEM Oil Filter
DCTMS Steering Wheel
Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads
SpeedFreaksUSA – CL Vendor and supplier of quality Brake Products and advice
JoeZ Intake and Exhaust

I’m sure there must be more, I sometimes tend to be gabby and want to share my first hand experiences with CL members. I have also posted negative experiences I have had with products or services I have tried. In short, I am hoping my experiences will help others.

I believe that to be in contrast with JE’s posts. I can’t recall you folks ever giving the thumbs up to a product other than something that’s manufactured by Sikky. And again, that’s fine, but just don’t make it sound like you’re being impartial. You and Sikky have a relationship. Just acknowledge that relationship in your posts.

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
burbdad (12-30-22), TheUser (10-29-21)
Old 02-17-15, 05:57 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

Very interesting read
Old 02-18-15, 06:38 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

thanks for the advice Lou, but we each pay our own vendor fee on here, the sales people that work for JE don't get any incentive from Sikky for selling Sikky product and the brand is treated like one of the thousand or so brands we sell here at JE. So no I don't think we will lead out every comment we make on this forum or any other with "the following statement is because the owner of JE also owns Sikky" that's ridiculous. If someone says hey do you guys work with Sikky, then as always we gladly respond "why yes we do". The bottom line is Sikky make's some great product and they are working on many more new products for the Lexus market right now. Wish I could divulge more but I've been sworn to secrecy till they release the info.

Now, being this thread was about bars before it got hijacked......

the main thing is why buy anything other than the Sikky rear bar? Dollar for Dollar, nothing else can compare. The fact that they come with everything needed for the install and have high quality adjustable end links it doesn't really make sense why someone would by Fsport or hotchkis or even a megan bar. Not to mention it's Made in America.

Last edited by JE; 02-20-15 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-18-15, 07:18 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do the Sikky swaybars work for the AWD? I'd assume no for the front, but yes for the rear?
Old 02-20-15, 06:39 AM
JE
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Do the Sikky swaybars work for the AWD? I'd assume no for the front, but yes for the rear?
We have not personally tried that. From a shape, dimensions and clearance standpoint they are very similar to the f sport bars. Length is slightly different to accommodate the three way adjustable feature. So based off that I would guess they have similar fitment to that brand. I wish I could say definitively but having not done that install here I wouldn't want to say yes or no.

I'm sure there has to be that info somewhere on this forum. Basically what fits what when talking ISF, IS250 and IS350 and AWD or RWD. If anyone knows where that info is hiding feel free to throw a link up here and help everyone out.......
Old 02-20-15, 09:54 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Actually, IMO, it's not something you want to do on an AWD IS. While the Sikky probably will fit, Lexus discontinued the Rear Only Bar for the AWD IS for a reason. It simply was too much from the smaller front bar and stock AWD suspension to handle. Attached is a chart I created a number of years ago, by crawling under new cars on a dealer's lot. From this chart you can see why the Lexus F-Sport folks discontinued the rear only kit and went with a Front/Rear balanced approach. Note how the front bar on the AWD F-Sport kit is larger than the RWD kit and the rear bar a bit smaller.

It's really not only if it will fit, it's will it improve handling.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Alternative f sport rear sway bar?-isway-bar-specs.jpg  
Old 02-20-15, 05:10 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, IMO, it's not something you want to do on an AWD IS. While the Sikky probably will fit, Lexus discontinued the Rear Only Bar for the AWD IS for a reason. It simply was too much from the smaller front bar and stock AWD suspension to handle. Attached is a chart I created a number of years ago, by crawling under new cars on a dealer's lot. From this chart you can see why the Lexus F-Sport folks discontinued the rear only kit and went with a Front/Rear balanced approach. Note how the front bar on the AWD F-Sport kit is larger than the RWD kit and the rear bar a bit smaller.

It's really not only if it will fit, it's will it improve handling.

Lou
Hi, thanks.
I actually have full F-Sport sways at the moment, and Road Magnet springs with F-Sport shocks.
Next in my plans are FIGS LCA bushings, BCR Coilovers, and possibly the Sikky rear swaybar if it can make the car a little more tail happy