IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

buying a 06 IS250 AWD 170k mile lexus tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 10:44 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlos3366
nice, IS's destroy tires due to bad design. be ready to spend $800.00 every two years.
That is normal for any sporty car.
Old 02-04-15, 10:45 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look very good and the price isn't too bad. I hope you can fix the engine problem soon. Since you are a mechanic yourself, I guess that should not be a problem on the labor side. It is always a blessing to be a mechanic if you are a car guy lol.

Come on guys, don't bring too much negative vibe! Anyways, congrats on your new purchase and welcome to ClubLexus.
Old 02-04-15, 11:00 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grats on the purchase. U spent less than 5.5k. That's a steal. thats cheaper than most used s2k out here in CA. 170k mile not bad. I ran my accord to 220k mile until I hop on my is350.
Old 02-04-15, 11:14 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Keo
Grats on the purchase. U spent less than 5.5k. That's a steal. thats cheaper than most used s2k out here in CA. 170k mile not bad. I ran my accord to 220k mile until I hop on my is350.
That is cheaper than all S2000 in California unless it is currently in a crashed condition or not running condition.
Old 02-04-15, 11:16 AM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well lets just say i paid more than 4 and less than 5.5 lol. Im driving it around now. Drove it to work this morning. Again absolutely no running condition issues. I plan to scan for codes tonight. Quick questionbecause im at work, wheres the obd2 port? I havent even looked for it yet.
Old 02-04-15, 11:52 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I don't have any answers to your questions, but that is a great deal and good looking car.
Old 02-04-15, 12:44 PM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know anything about the cars they own on this forum haha? I owned 3 different e36 BMWs in my time. I got so acclimated with those cars i can tell you anything about the car you could possibly need to know. You guys need to check out how us bmw enthusiasts roll on bimmer forums lol. Yes im teasing for the soft skinned.
Does anyone know of a great and affordable service manual for the is250?
Old 02-04-15, 12:46 PM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iRock
I don't have any answers to your questions, but that is a great deal and good looking car.

Thsnks man. I absolutely love the car so far. the performance, the looks, the way the buttons feel, everything.
Old 02-04-15, 12:55 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mod bug begins yet rear sway bar to kill that body roll as the most significant upgrade on this IS, period!
Old 02-04-15, 01:25 PM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

No tons of maintenance begins but ill look into that once i get a better job lol.
Old 02-05-15, 05:26 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by newISoldM3
Well lets just say i paid more than 4 and less than 5.5 lol. Im driving it around now. Drove it to work this morning. Again absolutely no running condition issues. I plan to scan for codes tonight. Quick questionbecause im at work, wheres the obd2 port? I havent even looked for it yet.
OBD-II port, I believe is just to the left of the brake pedal right after the knee airbag hiding behind a cover that covers the port (haven't used that port in forever, but that's the general area to look). Hopefully, the codes are nothing more than minor stuff and welcome to CL; I've learned so much perusing the forums.
Old 02-05-15, 06:28 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Coming from the bmw world I think you'll find this Lexus a walk in the park once you dive in. There absolutely is a wealth of knowledge and help in this forum... from what I've noticed over the years with new members it's like...

The new guy transferred in from a different dojo... everyone else is getting a feel of you mod/tech level... and then they start chiming in once you've sparked their interests. The elders sit back and wait till you level up or you **** them off lol.

Welcome to CL I think you'll be able to Contribute to some higher mileage questions once you get going.
Old 02-05-15, 08:45 AM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

Lol yeah after work i had time to google the obd port location. Yeah its in the normal spot. I forgot i just replaced the battery so all system monitor tests haven't been completed yet but so far i got a bank 1 sensor 2 code which wont affect driveability but i need to get the car nys inspected in like 8 days so I need to drive this thing a lot and get alk codes to confirm so i can fix, reset, then get it passed the drive cycles again then inspect it. Does anyone know the amout of times you have to drive the car and/or mileage to get all system monitors to confirm? I think im waiting on the cats right now. Put maybe 30-40 miles on it so far. Elders step in please lol.
Old 02-05-15, 03:59 PM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

Im in love with this car!!!!
Old 02-05-15, 04:16 PM
newISoldM3
Driver School Candidate

When i turn on the rear window defrost am/fm radio sounds raspy. Im guessing the antenna is in the C pillar?

Quick Reply: buying a 06 IS250 AWD 170k mile lexus tonight.